Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sync is definitely off, which I noticed when the ad aired as well, if it's true that they continued to tinker with the recording after shooting the video as the LA Times reported that could account for it. All it made me think was I wish they'd done a live audio release like the City of Blinding Lights video, but they probably hadn't even figured out a decent live arrangement for it yet. Just think how weak a lot of their material sounds when they do promo tours vs. once they've really worked it out and do it on tour in their element.

Besides that though, it's a stunning video and definitely one of the better straight up performance videos I've seen in a long time. I still want the high-powered Hong Kong flashlights to be a part of the tour, and for the tour to be of airplane hangars though.

It keeps getting better!

The video is like an ad for the tour.

Judging by how long they made us wait today and this song dropping so long before the album is to be released (considering that it will be on the album)...this whole PR campaign is about whetting the appetite into a frenzy.

Outstanding strategy and I wonder how much the new management had to do with it...

I really like it, it's a beautiful video for a superb song.
I hope the stage for the next tour is similar to this one.
:drool:

They won't do a show without seats in the round anymore, not going to happen. A permeable LED screen to shoot spotlights through as seen here would be a cool touch though.

The sync is definitely off, which I noticed when the ad aired as well, if it's true that they continued to tinker with the recording after shooting the video as the LA Times reported that could account for it. All it made me think was I wish they'd done a live audio release like the City of Blinding Lights video, but they probably hadn't even figured out a decent live arrangement for it yet. Just think how weak a lot of their material sounds when they do promo tours vs. once they've really worked it out and do it on tour in their element.

Besides that though, it's a stunning video and definitely one of the better straight up performance videos I've seen in a long time. I still want the high-powered Hong Kong flashlights to be a part of the tour, and for the tour to be of airplane hangars though.

Haha i was in the COBL video shoot! It was fucking amazing and a big highlight for me despite having to hear COBL like 7 times in a row lol

That's awesome, how did they go about recruiting/selecting people for that shoot? Much different than this non-fan secret shoot I know.

That's awesome, how did they go about recruiting/selecting people for that shoot? Much different than this non-fan secret shoot I know.

I was coming from work and there was a small blurb on the radio that U2 was recording a video and they needed extras and wIth only an hour heads up I rushed downtown Vancouver and lined up. Once you lined up the first 1000 or 2000 ( I don't remember exactly how many people) got bracelets and I was lucky to just make it in as I was pretty late! They played the song a bunch of times with us sitting on the seats and then they moved us to the GA area and they played it a few more times. All the while they were directing us what to do each time! It was surreal and then after the shoot was done they played a mini set list I don't remember exactly how many songs but it was about 5 or 6 including Vertigo! I was so close to the stage I could almost touch Bono when he came around the walk. It was a great couple weeks cos U2 was rehearsing in Vancouver so lots of sightings of them around town and then the night after the shoot was the concert! I was u2ed out for a while after that lol

Agreed with digitize and what he said earlier this thread -- I hope the wheel mic stays for a few songs this tour. It seems like it's sort of becoming a thing. It should be a thing.

BgPsuvRIYAAE_nv.jpg

I love this part...

I've seen other artists use a very similar wheel-type mic since 360....anyone know if it existed in any similar form before the 360 Tour?

Good one. Nice thing to wake up to. So the album's not dropping is it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I was coming from work and there was a small blurb on the radio that U2 was recording a video and they needed extras and wIth only an hour heads up I rushed downtown Vancouver and lined up. Once you lined up the first 1000 or 2000 ( I don't remember exactly how many people) got bracelets and I was lucky to just make it in as I was pretty late! They played the song a bunch of times with us sitting on the seats and then they moved us to the GA area and they played it a few more times. All the while they were directing us what to do each time! It was surreal and then after the shoot was done they played a mini set list I don't remember exactly how many songs but it was about 5 or 6 including Vertigo! I was so close to the stage I could almost touch Bono when he came around the walk. It was a great couple weeks cos U2 was rehearsing in Vancouver so lots of sightings of them around town and then the night after the shoot was the concert! I was u2ed out for a while after that lol

Here's the set for that show: U2 Vancouver, 2005-04-27, GM Place, Various Dates - U2 on tour

I really like it, but is it just me or is the editing a little too hectic? Some cuts seem incredibly short...

But good though, glad it's finally here. Bono looks awesome.

What did Vice tweet and then delete?

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

A tweet saying 'its time to make Bono pay for the misery he has unleashed upon the world'. Yes, that's actually what it said.

Sorry for getting your hopes up with album news...

I really like it, but is it just me or is the editing a little too hectic? Some cuts seem incredibly short...

Yes, totally. I just hate that. Those fast cuts make me nervous, it's hard to make out most of the video scenes.

And does anyone else find it irritating that after the crowd surfing scene there's a bit of an awkward cut to Bono standing on stage singing again? That one looks a bit wrong, to be honest.

Apart from that, it's a great, very energetic performance video and I like the last part especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom