In Australia (Gold Coast) 1 November 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Down Under said:
Image1101-2245TV103.jpg

Image1101-2245TV107.jpg

Image1101-2245TV1047.jpg

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
I stayed out a few days and I return seen this :drool: :drool: :drool:
Larry is soooooooooooo handsome, my GOD.
How good is this man? In his 45 years version!!! He is PERFECT!

Is it just me or has Lardence filled out a bit?? He doesn't look at gaunt as he did earlier this year.

BonoFox1 said:

I bet Ann made hime eat!! cause like you said ..Mr.Mullen is looking especially:drool:
HAHAHAHA
I have to thank her so..
Because he is delicious.. lol
Better for us !!! :drool: :drool:

I have a problem...I just don't know who to drool over first....they're all sooooo divine, yummy, nibbly, scrummy, suave, delectable, tasty, smooth, hot, cool.......

God give me strength to survive this month.....

Does anyone know if their families are down there with them? Ali, the kids, etc.....

jag0918 said:
He looks kinda chunky

I'm thinking you meant Larry. He definitely put on weight, and it makes him look healthier and younger.
Bono actually looks a bit slimmer than those summer pics.

I'm very excited for the people who will be seeing them this fall.

These are so great !!! Thanks to everyone posting pics .
The boy's are all looking fine !!! :drool: And it looks like the break did Larry good , he looks fantastic !!! 4th leg is going to be AWESOME , have a blast everyone . :wave:

Val said:

I'm thinking you meant Larry. He definitely put on weight, and it makes him look healthier and younger.
Bono actually looks a bit slimmer than those summer pics.

I'm very excited for the people who will be seeing them this fall.

It's spring here actually :wink:

Please ignore this, just trying to post a link to the Channel 10 clip from the news last night but it won't work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Youtube channel V video!! Kick ass.
Very impressive moment from an interview back in 1998 in a reaction to Michael Hutchene's death...

You guys down under enjoy the shows... you deserve it so much.

U2 rehearse, meet fans in Queensland
November 2, 2006 - 7:06PM

started rehearsals today for their latest Australian tour as details about the super group's new greatest hits album were revealed.

The Irish band, who arrived in Australia yesterday to continue the postponed Vertigo tour, this month release their third compilation album.

U218 Singles spans the band's recording career from their 1980 debut album Boy to 2004's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

The singles offering includes two new tracks, a cover of The Skids' The Saints Are Coming with American group Green Day and another new track, Window In The Skies.

Both were recorded at London's legendary Abbey Road studios with Red Hot Chilli Peppers producer Rick Rubin.

The British and Australian versions of U218 Singles will have a bonus track of the band's first hit I Will Follow.

The latest compilation will be released on November 18, while a new album is expected next year.

The Vertigo tour was halted in March to allow guitarist The Edge to be with a family member battling serious illness.

U2 have resumed their Australian tour at a Gold Coast base and they today greeted enthusiastic fans outside the Palazzo Versace Hotel.

"The world needs more Australia's man - that's our big message," said frontman Bono.

They travelled by helicopter to Brisbane to check out the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre, the venue for next Tuesday's tour opener.

Bass player Adam Clayton said the resumption of the world tour meant plenty of rehearsal time.

"We have been to Queensland many, many times and always enjoyed it, but we will be busy with rehearsals while we are here," he said.

Wow - I have the biggest week of rock and roll ahead of me and I am so bloody excited. My favourite band is back in the country, I get to see them 3 times and wow - I AM EXCITED!!! Pearl Jam next tuesday and then U2, U2, and U2 and then Pearl Jam again!!!! Can it get any better???? And my lord - how good does Mr Mullen look??? :heart: :bow: :hyper: Bring it on!!!

Trying hard here not to be envious ... I want to see them too so badly.
I wish all of you who are going to the shows a wonderful experience and I am looking forward to more pictures and reports.

Poor buggers.....bet they can't wait to come down to a real city in a real state rather than having to please all those wierdos up North...

Back
Top Bottom