Grammy Nominations 12-02-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I just went back and read the thread ... should have figured I'd just be repeating what was already said! :lol:

Wow, those album of the year nominees are :crack: And you know me - I love me some Lady GaGa! I didn't think that would get nominated.

Black Eyed Peas for album of the year? Really, Grammy people? Really. REALLY????

They're going to give it to massively overrated Taylor Swift anyway, and I will just vomit into the nearest potted plant.

I like the BEP's, but Album of the Year? Not so much. Honestly, Gaga should win but sadly she probably won't. Don't even get me started on Taylor Swift.

Yeah, after seeing BEP twice, I've finally come around to three of their songs. The rest of the album annoys me to high heaven, but I like those songs. But best album of the year? Ha. HA HA HA H AHAAAAAAAAA!

Oh, and so they apparently decided Lady GaGa wasn't eligible for Best New Artist, so they just nominated her for everything else instead.

It's a fair trade. No one wants Best New Artist anyway. :wink:

In light of the 8 grammy nominations and 7 grammy wins for ATYCLB and the 8 grammy nominations and 8 grammy wins for HTDAAB, seeing NLOTH only get a total of 3 nominations is a bit of a surprise and disappointment. The 3 nominations are only in the Rock field, no nominations in the big three of Album of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Record of The Year which can include music from any field.

It also seems U2 will have some difficulty winning any of the three nominations especially Rock Album of The Year. Dave Matthews Band is up for the same catagory, but in the nomination voting, they recieved enough votes to make it into the big catagory of Album of The Year, while U2 did not.

U2 have won 22 Grammy awards in their career to this point. They won 15 of those Grammy awards in the period from January 2001 to February 2006.

To me it says they'll win since DMB got the nom for Album of the year and not U2 - I could definitely be wrong though.

Yep. Happened to Bruce and Green Day this decade as well, just to name two.

Phoenix and Yeah Yeah Yeahs got a nom! :hyper:

Also, the Album of The Year category is probably the worst it has ever been. Good Lord.

Go Taylor.

I'm reading multiple tidbits on different sites about the nominations, and it's funny how some people think DMB being nominated in both categories means they will win the Rock album award ... and others think the dual nomination means U2 will win it. :lol:

As a die hard U2 fan, I was very disappointed about them not being nominated for Album of the Year. Having said that, DMB's album is one of the best albums in quite some time. From a pure music stand point it blows away the competition. If you haven't listened you should, it's some good stuff.

I'm a bit shocked actually. Dave Matthews Band released an album? I didn't even know. I'm not surprised at Gaga, BEP, Beyonce or Swift (Gaga deserved it and well Swift has the best selling album of the year). But dammit, if U2 are getting snubbed I'd have much rather it been for Kanye, Green Day or even the boring Kings of Leon.

lol. same reaction for me too. i had no idea that DMB released an album this year. ha!

I'm not a big DMB fan, but I actually quite liked that album. Is it the best of the year? No. But hey.

I'm not a big DMB fan, but I actually quite liked that album. Is it the best of the year? No. But hey.

hey :wave:

Big mistake for the boys not to release MOS as a single in time for these Grammys....it would've created more options for them for sure...

What makes me sick is how dependent a band's success has become based simply off the lead fucking single! It's just one of 11 or 12 songs...it's called an album for a reason.... if U2 had a huge hit single, at the very least, a Best Album nomination would be GUARANTEED.

...And the BEP...are you kidding me....Actually, almost every fucking artist that was nominated....are you kidding me?!?! Grammys = Pathetic

Yeah, the Grammys have been a lame-fest for a long time, but I still like to see my favorite band win awards. So sue me.

I edited a few minutes ago.

But sometimes it's an appropriate response who people who seem to have nothing but negative things to say. :)

You have a nice night now, Mr. Explorer.

Anyhoo ... sorry to have derailed the thread with my ~*~scandalous~*~ sarcasm.

Will continue :panic: about the Grammys in the morning.

I havnt been following this whole grammy thing this year, so yesterday u2 was nominated to win 3 grammys, and when is the actual awards!

I really don't give a crap about the Grammies. But if winning yet another best album award gives them confidence, then fine. Let them win it. If they lose they'll probably remix their entire upcoming album to be more grammy-friendly.

I would love to see them win and Bono go up there and sarcasticlly say, "Oh cool, a third one. We can just release anything and you guys will love it!"

But unfortunately they'd probably be overjoyed.

FUCK THE GRAMMIES!

U2's transformation into the Rolling Stones is complete.

:lol: yes because the rolling stones had one of the biggest selling albums of the year when they last released an album, oh no wait they didnt.

In other words same old same old from you.

Yeah, the Grammys have been a lame-fest for a long time, but I still like to see my favorite band win awards. So sue me.

Exactly...I know the Grammys suck...they've sucked for a long time...that doesn't change the fact that this is U2....and like cori said, I want my favorite band winning awards...simple as that! :)

He's/She's like a robot KUEFC09U2. Do you even care about what he/she says? :shrug:

I guess not, but its the same thing time after time, you would think he/she would do something they enjoy? (unless coming on a message forum to try and wind people up is their idea of a great time).

[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Can't Find My Way Home[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Life In Technicolor II - Coldplay[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21 Guns - Green Day[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Use Somebody[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Kings Of Leon[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - U2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Song [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The Fixer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Pearl Jam)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (U2)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21 Guns (Green Day)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Use Somebody[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Kings Of Leon)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Working On A Dream[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Bruce Springsteen)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Album [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Black Ice[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - AC/DC[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Live From Madison Square Garden[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21st Century Breakdown[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Green Day[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Dave Matthews Band[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]No Line On The Horizon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - U2[/FONT]
Grammy.com

I'm laughing so hard right now. :lmao:

They picked CRAZY TONIGHT as best rock song by U2? Epic Grammy fail as usual.

Not that I don't still love Crazy... it's just... uh... not a rock song? Pop ftw.

Great to see you back here GibsonExplorer, where've ya been? We missed your cold bitter comments!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom