eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been rediscovering some of the awesome 2015 E Stage songs like Zoo Station, Crystal Ballroom, Magnificent, and Lucifer's Hands via Youtube. Ugh. So good. Wish they would just vary it up a little bit more like in 2015. Those back to back Phoenix shows I went to were on fire.

This is unfortunately two consecutive tours where I'd initially planned to travel to two or three shows, but eventually determined that one is enough.

I've been rediscovering some of the awesome 2015 E Stage songs like Zoo Station, Crystal Ballroom, Magnificent, and Lucifer's Hands via Youtube. Ugh. So good. Wish they would just vary it up a little bit more like in 2015. Those back to back Phoenix shows I went to were on fire.

This is unfortunately two consecutive tours where I'd initially planned to travel to two or three shows, but eventually determined that one is enough.

The North American e stage was a lot of fun. They never fell into a pattern until the MSG shows, so it felt like literally ANYTHING could happen. I can enjoy a show knowing the setlist, but it was especially exciting getting to that section and having no idea what was coming. Unfortunately, it became predictable by Europe with some exceptions (Zoo Station, Magnificent, Two Hearts).

“This is the end of a four-year cycle of work and we really have no plans going into next year. We have got to the point where this is a full stop at the end of this project. We're looking at next year as being a year of regrouping.” - Adam

That doesn’t sound like a return to touring to me..

“This is the end of a four-year cycle of work and we really have no plans going into next year. We have got to the point where this is a full stop at the end of this project. We're looking at next year as being a year of regrouping.” - Adam

That doesn’t sound like a return to touring to me..

Australia (if it were real) won't be too pleased with that news.

Not hugely surprised about this news, after 3 tours in 4 years they were bound to go on hiatus again

How did I not know about this?
(Probably cause I don't listen to that radio station).
Which interestingly enough is a pop/top 40 type station so that tells you where their minds are in terms of musical direction, unless they think 104.1 is still the late, great WBCN, which shuttered nearly a decade ago.

Oedipus isn't walking through the door folks.

How did I not know about this?
(Probably cause I don't listen to that radio station).
Which interestingly enough is a pop/top 40 type station so that tells you where their minds are in terms of musical direction, unless they think 104.1 is still the late, great WBCN, which shuttered nearly a decade ago.

I listen to it when I'm out walking and just tuning around. I called in a few times to try to win.

I could never figure out why they were doing it either. The current contest is Charlie Puth, just to give you an idea. It doesn't surprise me that Adam and Larry weren't there.

They did six songs, all the links are in the SOE album forum. I didn't know where else to put them.

It actually did sound quite good acoustic, and my stance on U2 acoustic is pretty well known.

During Best Thing at Boston1, I told my friend "U2 is my favorite band, but acoustic U2 is one of my least favorite bands." I stand by that. But this sounds pretty good.

Even the recent Backstreet Boys classroom instruments version of I Want It That Way destroys acoustic Best Thing. Granted, I admittedly love that song. But f'ing xylophones, triangles, and Jimmy Fallon are better than acoustic Best Thing. FFS.

https://youtu.be/gMFsCqrJqwI

Back
Top Bottom