eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it was determined that B. needs to stay away from Red Flag Day, although UF isn't all that much softer on the cords... :hmm:

Edit: OK, it's not that, at least not right now.

He should also actually sing lines from the ocea .

:up:

Maybe it's just a little thing but I was actually really disappointed, at the one show I saw, when he talked his way through The Ocean and didn't sing any lines. I kept waiting for him to start on about pictures in grey.....never happened. :sad:

I think it would boot NYD or COBL. I hope it doesn’t take anyThing out and they instead squeeze it between NYD and COBL or use it to open the encore.

Quite a shame that at this point we assume a “one-off” is happening because they’re lazy to rotate these songs into the set.

Why bother with Wild Horses again? They're idiots for dropping it after opening night but I'm not sure what is compelling them to rehearse it now after forgetting about it for almost the whole tour.

Maybe they're going to loosen their tight narrative a bit and add a couple genuine rotational slots a la I+E leg 1. Nah, it'll be for a hologram tour that gets quietly shelved due to lack of interest.

Maybe they're going to loosen their tight narrative a bit and add a couple genuine rotational slots a la I+E leg 1. Nah, it'll be for a hologram tour that gets quietly shelved due to lack of interest.
Remember when interference went on for like 2 weeks that this tour was going to be filled with holograms?

That was fun.

Surely I’m not the only one who wants to see a nod to Rattle & Hum’s 30th anniversary by the band playing When Love Comes To Town with Hologram B.B. King (and Hologram Lucille, obviously).

Paris is so lucky, what a treat for these fans!

:|

Imagine if you had tickets for multiple Paris days, heck imagine if you had tickets for all 4 lel.:hyper::drool::hyper:.........................:angry::doh:

Especially when playing 3 or 4 nights in the same city you'd have Bad, or 40 or w/e. Now you get...nothing.

Imagine if you had tickets for multiple Paris days, heck imagine if you had tickets for all 4 lel.:hyper::drool::hyper:.........................:angry::doh:

Especially when playing 3 or 4 nights in the same city you'd have Bad, or 40 or w/e. Now you get...nothing.
Imagine having months of static setlists and going into the 4 shows expecting something different...

If anyone had tickets to all 4 shows, I'd consider them a fairly big fan and someone who in all likelihood would know already that they aren't rotating the set at all this tour.

If that was a problem for said imaginary person, they'd have had zero issue selling the tickets they didn't want.

If it wasn't a problem, I imagine they probably enjoyed the shit out of it.

Imagine having months of static setlists and going into the 4 shows expecting something different...

If anyone had tickets to all 4 shows, I'd consider them a fairly big fan and someone who in all likelihood would know already that they aren't rotating the set at all this tour.

Said big fan would also likely be privy to the news of the songs they have been soundchecking as well and might be inclined to hope to hear one or two of those over a 4 night stand in one place.

Said big fan would also likely be privy to the news of the songs they have been soundchecking as well and might be inclined to hope to hear one or two of those over a 4 night stand in one place.
Said big fan should be aware of all the previous instances of U2 soundchecking shit that never appears.

I'm not saying that it's sad that they can't even rotate a song or two. I just have little sympathy for anyone who can't figure out something that's been grossly obvious for months.

If that was a problem for said imaginary person, they'd have had zero issue selling the tickets they didn't want.

If it wasn't a problem, I imagine they probably enjoyed the shit out of it.
Last time I checked you buy your tickets before the entire tour has even started. They were teasing WGRYWH on facebook before the tour even...

Last time I checked it's pretty shit simple to sell your tickets if you're unhappy with months of static setlists. For a profit.

Agreed 100% , first time in over 30 years im seriously considering selling my GA tickets for the London 02 show next month , i probably take the wife out to a nice dinner that night , cant be bothered with this lazy tour , shame as they seem intent on going out on a lame whisper (cant have many LP/Tours left in the tank)

Agreed 100% , first time in over 30 years im seriously considering selling my GA tickets for the London 02 show next month , i probably take the wife out to a nice dinner that night , cant be bothered with this lazy tour , shame as they seem intent on going out on a lame whisper (cant have many LP/Tours left in the tank)

Even though this is, IMO relatively the worst tour they've ever done and that's not even factoring in the rigid set, they are still a great live band and this show is worth seeing once.

Yeah, I'm hoping I get more excited as it gets closer but I'm pretty "meh" about the gig. Perhaps I've just seen them far too much!
Even though this is, IMO relatively the worst tour they've ever done and that's not even factoring in the rigid set, they are still a great live band and this show is worth seeing once.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the show, and I'm glad I went. They perform the show with a ton of energy, and the production is terrific. And as you said, there's no telling how many tours they have left.

I don't find it lazy. I find it lacking a bit in creativity and ambition - but these are things that are only really noticable when you attend multiple shows. And as this tour is months old, the only people I'd feel sorry for about that would be those who attended multiple shows right at the start of the tour. It's been clear since the spring that here want going to be any setlist shuffling going on.

Last edited:
I would agree with those who have tickets to multiple shows selling tickets and only going to show. But do yourselves a favor and go to at least 1 show. I was originally just going to sit this tour out, mainly because I have seen U2 a lot recently, and was feeling lazy about traveling to Chicago, my nearest city. But I decided last minute to go to Chicago 2, and I am so glad I did. It wasn’t my ideal setlist, but the band performed as good as ever, and the production was amazing. I couldn’t be happier about deciding to go.

Back
Top Bottom