Every Breaking Wave - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is without a doubt one of their best songs. Love this track

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

This is without a doubt one of their best songs. Love this track

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I agree with you. It's actually growing on me more than when I first heard it.
I was Ver hesitant to give it "classic" status thinking it might be U2phorea with the new music but it really is THAT good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nah, it's still "U2phorea". You'll need more time.

I wonder what the rawer versions of the songs Tedder and Epworth worked on sound like before they were polished up.
I actually like this Alt. version of EBW and the acoustic version better than the album version.
Should've let DangerMouse do the whole album! Screw Tedder! Screw Epworth!

If they didn't work with Tedder and Epworth we would not have gotten "Iris" which is arguably the best song they've done in years. I don't see Danger Mouse with any production credits on that one.

the first one the skinny girl is annoying, nevertheless the guy plays guitar nicely, the second one (some might called it Adele version :) - the singer has tremendous vocal range, but he sounds a bit like a woman

who?

Millennials, an abbreviation for millennial generation, is a term used by demographers to describe a segment of the population that came to maturity around the year 2000. Sometimes referred to in the media as "Generation Y," millennials followed Generation X and are the children of the post-WWII baby boomer generation.

Whenever I hear a good singer cover U2 I'm reminded of how huge and how remarkable Bono's voice is, and how quietly idiosyncratic his delivery.

who?

Millennials, an abbreviation for millennial generation, is a term used by demographers to describe a segment of the population that came to maturity around the year 2000. Sometimes referred to in the media as "Generation Y," millennials followed Generation X and are the children of the post-WWII baby boomer generation.

Wow

I thought it was already released :scratch:

I wonder if they'll do a proper video besides the official promo one with the acoustic live version. Considering the fact that Bono won't make any public appearances and certainly won't perform in a U2 video it could possibly be a band-less one.

A great song - best on the album glad to see it picking up steam on the radio but yes it would be nice if U2 could promote it as well, but if its truly a great song it shouldn't need promoting.

The Belfast video was recorded almost a month ago. ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

2013, I think as well. But yeah, that would be them getting cold feet and then using Ordinary Love as a reason to quit for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom