Every Breaking Wave - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
130504104026-belgium-train-story-top.jpg

I must admit that I've never tried ketchup with Mac & Cheese, but now I'm intrigued/curious.

I normally don't go off on people for their opinions and certainly won't bother with this one. Clearly he is trying to be clever for the sake of being clever.

"U2-let me see-ah yes they are still fin-lets see how deck i can make this "review" of their "new" song. My friends will chuckle-i might even get some strange from random chipper tassel ive been fantasizing about while punching the clown in the bathroom-which btw i wanted to take a shit but ive already shit 10 times today-because-because-because-hipster food truck!"

Maybe this guy is not even a hipster, which is so midtown, like a jerry or frado. Who the fuck knows. In fact, who cares?

This is not a review peroid. I can't even spell period. Well wait, i guess i just did. Nevermind. You'll get more out of a period than you would Heinz Macaroni & Cheese.

If this guy ever becomes a sperm donor, someone please take the sea from the salt and set the sky on fire.

Don't waste a thing. Dine with the destroyers until the plate is bare and the cup is empty.

Empty like a seashell or empty like my head on a sunday morning. It does not matter. Suck on that meat till there's nothing left but the bone. Then suck some more. That blood on your lips needs some protein.

I'm getting pretty sick of this " anti U2 for the sake of being anti-U2" bullshit. EBW is a good song, not their best, but still better than most of te shit on the radio . U2 can do absolutely NOTHING RIGHT this time around. The knives came out immediately when SOI dropped and they haven't put them away since. They actually have become the new Creed, where nobody can say anything nice about them.

(Yes I'm aware that creed is dog shit compared to U2, but try mentioning Creed in public without somebody making a snarky, hateful comment . Now, try it with U2.)

Why are U2/Oseary doing nothing to promote this album? I know Bonos injuries prevent him from doing much, but the rest can still do SOMETHING. Just throwing a song out there and saying "here radio, play it... Or don't..." Isn't really gonna do anything.

People on Facebook are even mad about the Bono never playing guitar article that was trending. How can THAT piss people off?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I must admit that I've never tried ketchup with Mac & Cheese, but now I'm intrigued/curious.

It's great but it has to be only the finest Dijon ketchup and, like revenge, it is best served cold.

Look, I'm an asshole. Please don't put me in the same category with that asshole.

Look on the bright side - not only did you correctly spell period, you also managed to invent an awesome new word: peroid.

That's a great word with some real possibilities.

Peroid.

I heard this song at the gym today.

And it reminded me I haven't listened to this album in quite a while. :reject:

As Bono has now recognized the power of the "f" bomb, perhaps they should do an Every F@&$ing Wave version. It would segue nicely live into The Unf@&$ing Forgettable Fire.

It's official. .. It flopped as a single. It isn't on UK Radio 2 playlist anymore and rotations are on the decline in the Netherlands too. The album dropped out of the top 100 from nr. 24!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I mean, of course it's flopping as a single. Did anyone expect anything else?

It's getting decent play on AAA stations here in the US, from what I can tell, but they play anything U2 produces. I don't think it's picking up any traction anywhere else.

However, I've personally started liking the song again, so that's good.

I mean, of course it's flopping as a single. Did anyone expect anything else?

It's getting decent play on AAA stations here in the US, from what I can tell, but they play anything U2 produces. I don't think it's picking up any traction anywhere else.

However, I've personally started liking the song again, so that's good.

It's also getting solid play on the following formats:

AC: Top 20
Hot AC: Top 40
Alternative: Top 25
Mainstream Rock: Top 30

As you mention, it is doing well on AAA with a top 10 showing at the moment.

Now none of this means it is a hit...not at all...but it still has life and absolutely still has potential to become a hit.

Let's hope for a Grammy Performance or something to spark it a bit....shit, a video would be nice.

That is such a great scene. Perhaps Song for F@$&ing Someone with a similar video for the next single...

Ha!

The other funny thing for me is that I have a friend who enjoys dropping the f-bomb during the songs he sings for karaoke. I've only heard a few of them personally, but he claims that his favorite is when he does it for Garth Brooks' "The Dance."

Should have released California as the second single I don't care if it's the dead of winter

California would make a good single for this summer, though I hardly expect it to tear up the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom