Desert Island Game II: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liamcool said:
I'm not actually pulling out artists Interference has never heard of. Axver is here for a reason.

:lol: Indeed!

LemonMacPhisto said:
I really like the name Desert Island Part Deux, not this roman numeral II business.

:mad: Roman numerals > "Part Deux"

DreamOutLoud13 said:
So all the spots are filled now? If someone else drops out, I might take a chance :hmm:

You can be our first reserve. :)

So who wants their arse handed to them first? I will also take care of asses...I shall take care of both no problem:wink:

Actually I also have a question...there are a few medleys of songs on The Beatles Love album, the medleys as they are presented as one track on the album, can they be included in the playlists?

Last edited:
LJT said:
Actually I also have a question...there are a few medleys of songs on The Beatles Love album, the medleys as they are presented as one track on the album, can they be included in the playlists?

I'll leave the final word up to LMP or Axver but I think that'll be fine since it is official. I guess it would be no different than one of those tracks that are broken into parts that sound nothing alike.

I haven't heard it yet but the Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows medley I imagine would be superb.

If they're presented as one track on the album, that should be cool. I'm not familiar with it, though, so if LMP is and feels this does breach the rules, he's free to over-rule me.

And if it's some ridiculously long medley that's 25 minutes and contains half a Beatles album, I'll disqualify that on the basis of rule #6.

its 3:07 minutes long...and Screwtape it is Witin You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows:drool:

OK, that should be fine. :)

Lowers the odds of me voting for you, though ... :wink:

(Pssst. Delays make my playlist this time around.)

They didn't make mine this time:p...actually I'm considering changing my second disc...something doesn't feel quite right with it....damnit.

I think I need a few heavier songs hmmm...second disc is a bit too fluffy.

Axver said:

You can be our first reserve. :)

Well, and I'll be the second reserve :wink: Unfortunately I saw this too late this time...

Anyway, I'll make a playlist just for fun, so I'll be ready to enter the competition if two persons drop.

Ok i've sent my tracklists to you bigwigs in charge.......ahh when you get them could you edit one wee thing for me? I have spelled Saeglopur wrongly, switch the a and e about for me..pretty please?:heart:

LJT said:
So who wants their arse handed to them first? I will also take care of asses...I shall take care of both no problem:wink:

It's officially released, so yes, it can be on the tracklisting. :up:

I almost put up the LOVE version of Tomorrow Never Knows too :wink:

Also, I've gotten LJT's and Screwtape's submissions, keep them coming folks!

Last edited:
Tis a great version of the song:cool:

Can't wait to see what other people's tracklistings are like:hyper:

Well, Khan, you could at least be the first mod to sticky the competition. :drool:

:wink:

I did some tracklisting adjustments this evening and my compilation is currently at EXACTLY 160:00. :drool:

Not sure if this will be the final version though ...

haha....I think my second 80 minute playlist changed about 10 times before I was happy with it...the first one though really only took one go with some slight order alterations...

I'd submit the exact same songs as last time.

How on Earth could they change? save 1 or 2 tunes?

It's simply not possible.

Luckily, this time I can be a straight critic, and not a participant.

MrBrau1 said:
I'd submit the exact same songs as last time.

How on Earth could they change? save 1 or 2 tunes?

It's simply not possible.

Luckily, this time I can be a straight critic, and not a participant.

It is, 2 hours and 40 minutes of music is miniscule, I'm sure you'd have other songs that you love that you would've been able to fit on a playlist of that size.

Khan, I got your email :up:

I'm going to submit mine very soon.

its weird, but im really finding it hard to find 30ish different artists i really LOVE to put on the soundtrack. I mean i have more then 30 artists on my play list, but some are not favourites of mine, rather, i just like a song or 2, but not so much to put it on my soundtrack. :shrug:

i think i'm just going to put songs that compliment each other, rather then my favourite favourites.

Flow is always important...sticking too many songs that clash together can be irksome to my ears anyway.

Work has been so busy, I didn't even have time to think about my entry. So since I didn't have court this morning, I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaay too late last night/this morning and made my skeleton tracklist.

I decided to go with a theme, so my tracks aren't necessarily my all-time favorite songs, but they are all very special.

Hopefully, I will have lots of time to work on it and polish it up on Sunday.

I'm just hoping I make it passed the 1st round! :huh: :lol:

I got it Irish :up:

So far I've received the following's tracklisting:

LJT
Screwtape
Khanada
Irishteen

I'm tempted to just submit mine as it is so that I stop agonising over it.

I forgot I was supposed to confirm that I'm entering!

I've been really busy lately, but since I've already got my tracklisting chosen I might as well find the time to upload the songs. So consider me confirmed.

One more tracklist-related question: Are songs from albums that have been leaked but not officially released yet allowed?

Just out of curiosity. :sexywink:

I'm not sure about that, you probably want something from "Neon Bible" right?

I think Intervention is the only song you'd be able to use from that album, seeing as thought it's available on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom