Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Snow...see above.

PFan, did you not realize that she was back? Snow, PFan missed you. :hug:
I knew she was, it was the first time I caught her online.
hey you :hyper:

You are one of the peeps I MISSED while I was on hiatus. What's new?
Your hiatus shook the foundations of Interference.

Things are going alright. About to start senior year, so that shit's crazy. And I'm slowly getting closer to drinking age so I can buy you a drink. Until then, I'm still on designated driver duty for you.

I knew she was, it was the first time I caught her online.

Your hiatus shook the foundations of Interference.

Things are going alright. About to start senior year, so that shit's crazy. And I'm slowly getting closer to drinking age so I can buy you a drink. Until then, I'm still on designated driver duty for you.

I'll take DD for now, but I'm holding you to that my friend :D

Are you doing that decathingy again this year? hopefully you know what I mean. been to the jersey shore yet this summer? any mischief I need to grin to myself about but then try and be all stern while I'm posting I should know of?

that pole vauter chick is hot. holy abs. and the other one and her coach are a bit messed :slant:

I think it's stupid as well. But it has been around since at least the last Olympics (men's floor was decided this way, actually), and has been employed at this Olympics as well (just last night, we saw it in men's pommel horse). So this shock and confusion sounds really manufactured to me.

All of this has nothing to do with how horrendously biased the NBC announcers are.

Wasn't it used in the women's uneven bars, too? I think it was 2 Chinese girls who got like 16.665 or something, and one was assigned the gold, the other silver. They didn't even raise an eyebrow, unlike poor Pavlova. How could that girl have started her vault run on a red light??? It's such a ridiculous mistake for someone so experienced. It was just like our idiot Aussie girls jumping in the pool before the relay finished all those years back. And now I'm really sidetracking.

Oh, wow, you don't know Snow.

Hmmm...well, before the Superthreads really took off, a few of us posted in The Temple Bar a lot, which you know.....well, Snow was a big poster in the Bar for quite some time.....and when she left, Beav and myself followed not long thereafter.....Snow is one of my favorites on here....really bright and funny.....

Oh, wow, you don't know Snow.

Hmmm...well, before the Superthreads really took off, a few of us posted in The Temple Bar a lot, which you know.....well, Snow was a big poster in the Bar for quite some time.....and when she left, Beav and myself followed not long thereafter.....Snow is one of my favorites on here....really bright and funny.....

I see. And yeah, I'm actually quite a n00b.

I'm absofuckinglutely IN LOVE :love::love::love:

yelena_isinbayeva160x166.jpg

yelena%20Isinbayeva.jpg

isinbayeva0819epa_792563c.jpg

20050705dasdasmas_11_I_LCO.jpg

:drool:

what a woman, what a jump, 90.000 people only watching her, and in the last jump she makes it... amazing, and seeing it live was even better

I LOVE YOU, YELENA ISINBAYEVA :love:

I'll take DD for now, but I'm holding you to that my friend :D

Are you doing that decathingy again this year? hopefully you know what I mean. been to the jersey shore yet this summer? any mischief I need to grin to myself about but then try and be all stern while I'm posting I should know of?

that pole vauter chick is hot. holy abs. and the other one and her coach are a bit messed :slant:

I don't think I'll be able to avoid it.

Yes, you got it, DECA, and yes, I am. And I was at the Jersey Shore for a week and a half. And varying levels of mischief. I supposed I can tell the stories and you can decide for yourself.

Hopefully you get a chance to read this when you return.

Ok, so apparently in the China-USA baseball game two Chinese catchers got injured in home plate collisions because of improper plate-blocking technique.

Catcher #1 stationed himself 4-5 feet in front of the plate and exposed the inside of his leg. Runner barrels over him, hyperextending the catcher's knee.

Catcher #2 stationed himself 3 feet in front of the plate and stood upright, and again got hit. Except this time, the relay throw was wide and late, so the catcher had no reason to continue to block the plate.

Naturally, two innings later a Chinese pitcher decided to plunk a USA batter in the head, giving him a minor concussion.

Stay classy, China.

Three ejected in U.S. baseball win - 2008 Olympics - SI.com

Shawn Johnson just won Gold ahead of Liukin in the Beam final. Fei Cheng the bronze.

Kinda seems rigged, Johnson finally getting the Gold after being the bridesmaid so many times previously in these Games.

Shawn deserves the Gold medel. :applaud:

Le't hope we will see the "Princess Frog" no more.

o3lg1.gif

:angry:

Shawn Johnson just won Gold ahead of Liukin in the Beam final. Fei Cheng the bronze.

Kinda seems rigged, Johnson finally getting the Gold after being the bridesmaid so many times previously in these Games.

Take a look at this page and see if you're still shocked.

I am at a numb loss after watching the gymnastics. Not only is the judging obviously rigged, the Chinese girls being underage is a disgrace not only to their host country but to the IOC who accepted the 'new' birth certificates! Look at those little kids, they make 5'2" Nastia look like a giant. It's WRONG not just to the Americans but to all the other athletes from other countries the right age who didn't get a medal taken by a girl who never should have been there. The Russian women were SHUT OUT while 12 year old liars backed by grownups in high positions cleaned up. What does this teach kids about the Olympic spirit, cheating, fair play and rules? It's a bad message!

I feel so sorry for Nastia, she was better four years ago, but couldn't go because she was too young. It must be so bitter for her to sit there and get beaten by, not only bogus judging, but by little girls who shouldn't have made the team due to their age. If she could have lied about her age in 04 she may have a pile of medals too. She did the right thing and it didn't pay off. Oh, and what about that North Korean who won gold after landing both vaults out of bounds? Sorry there is just NO excuse or justification for the farce that has occured in Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom