Cedarwood Road - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, the chorus confirms a previous Confirmed Rumor. Bono is a Packers fan.

Holy shit Bono at the tail end singing like he did in Rattle and Hum days "a heart that is oooopeeeeennnn". Hasn't sounded that angry in years.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes! It was a heavy Zeppelin-like riff with Bono wailing along with it, glad it found a home, always like that one.

Oh, now I know which one you're talking about. The one where Brian and Danny are talking and they cut away to the dirty riff. Yes! Loved that riff and really wanted it to be on NLOTH. I can see some similarities as well.

Interesting, but I also see subtle hints of North Star in Song For Someone and Thank You in Sleep Like A Baby Tonight.

No. Nooooooooo. The guitar on this song cannot be gutted by a B stage appearance. It will not happen.

Yeah that was a fucking weird post. Practically any other song on the album would suit that snoozefest role more.

If this song gets done, it's much more likely to be early in the main set, playing a role similar to NLOTH.

By the way, the chorus confirms a previous Confirmed Rumor. Bono is a Packers fan.

Nah it proves that Bono wants to start the next tour in Australia.

Oh god I can just see him coming out on stage for the encore and singing this in a Wallabies or Socceroos tracksuit...

The very beginning guitar sounds like something off Coldplay's X&Y, morphs into solo Robert Plant, then into Bono story-time

Oh, now I know which one you're talking about. The one where Brian and Danny are talking and they cut away to the dirty riff. Yes! Loved that riff and really wanted it to be on NLOTH. I can see some similarities as well.

Interesting, but I also see subtle hints of North Star in Song For Someone and Thank You in Sleep Like A Baby Tonight.

This stuff is really interesting. I've found myself wondering if there might be some song-mirroring going on between Innocence and Experience, or at least some ties here and there...

I'd be surprised if 'Thank You for the Day' never saw the light of day.

Real epic, modern-western feeling to this one. Soundtrack material. I could see this featuring in an episode of Breaking bad.

The laidback groove of this song reminds me of Kasabians "Man of simple pleasures" .

Only Edge is putting this song on a higher level with his playing. Was he finally on fire? :love: I think so.

Exactly and same here. I feel like that ending is everything they wanted the ending of Crumbs to be, but they actually pulled it off this time.
A lot of this album somehow feels like a superior How to Dismantle ...

No. Nooooooooo. The guitar on this song cannot be gutted by a B stage appearance. It will not happen.

I meant in terms of staging, not a different arrangement. That's what I heard anyway.

Possible, in that if you could pack all that power into a tiny space closer to the audience the place might spontaneously combust, but if it meant 'B stage' in any of the typical U2 ways, then fuck no.

To me the guitar sound on this says that Edge will use that funky guitar that was used for The Fly and LAPOE on the Vertigo tour. This song also has that odd steely acoustic sound to it.

If the lyrics had a bit more in them to relate to, this song would be a contender as best track on the album.

What do you reckon, about above mate? Possible?

So play it just as heavy, but out in the audience? Since U2 have always used the b-stage to slow things down and take a breather, I'm not sure I'm seeing it... that said, they do like to go on about how they want to recapture the energy and intimacy of club gigs in a bigger environment. Playing a couple of energetic songs out in the crowd could be a way of achieving that if done well.

Yeah man, they have to deliver on their "the next tour will include revolutionary ways of performing" promise, which could start with something as simple as not playing stadiums 100% of the time.

But I shouldn't of said "in the style of SATS", as we all know how that went on one of their DVDs :lol:

Back
Top Bottom