California (There Is No End To Love) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is, of course, based only on a single listen, but I just can't stand the lyrics to the the chorus on this one. Which is unfortunate, because I like the rest of the song, but even Edge's guitar feels a little cheesy, there.

This is, of course, based only on a single listen, but I just can't stand the lyrics to the the chorus on this one. Which is unfortunate, because I like the rest of the song, but even Edge's guitar feels a little cheesy, there.

the first Official New Album Bitch :wink:

I agree. It's almost unlistenable for the lyrics.

This is the only one I'm not all that excited about on first listen.

I type this as I her it for the first time

This is the more ACTUAL MUSIC TIMES song I've heard them do
This is a Festival song
Like Vampire Weekend, or Imagine Dragons, all those bands

It sounds 2014
Wow!

Hasnt grabbed me on first listen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok...so this is what "Sacred Heart of Malibu" turned into...with the church bells at the beginning and all. I would have preferred that title, but I love the song...

I suspect it's a mediocre song played really well by a great band. If someone else performed it, it wouldn't grab me.

[Insert Bono very good/enemy of great quote here]

I HATED this on first listen. Now I'm hooked on this stupid song. :huh:

This is the album's Crazy Tonight, but not so repulsive that I would delete it from all playlists and memory. It's a fun track.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This one had an initial 'meh' response from me, so I was sort of surprised to see some love for it early on. That being said, I responded to it a bit better with the headphones on this afternoon during a walk, so maybe it'll grow on me (sort of the same with Song for Someone too).

Back
Top Bottom