BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what Geelong's worst score ever is? Because unless Sydney decide to go home early, Geelong look like they'll struggle to even crack 30 tonight.

Good grief what a thumping. Never ever saw that coming.

Is Cobbler crying into his pillow?

I think this table means that the lowest score they've had since the early 20th century is 21, against St. Kilda in 1971. But all those numbers look a bit confusing at first glance.

AFL Tables - Geelong - Game Records

Oh yay, they've got 35 now!

Huh, Geelong's three highest scores conceded are all against Hawthorn. Bet the Hawks wish they could've replicated that a few times over the last five years. :wink:

Huh, Geelong's three highest scores conceded are all against Hawthorn. Bet the Hawks wish they could've replicated that a few times over the last five years. :wink:

I noticed that... *L* I guess that's part of the basis for the rivalry the teams have.

I know one Sydney supporter at work who should be very happy tomorrow! (And a couple of Cats fans who won't.)

Somehow favourites against GC, are these betting markets crazy? Do people watch football?

Well tonight's game went about as expected.

And I, for one, tipped the Gold Cunts to beat Adelaide tomorrow.

Port really did not deserve to win. Lucked out due to Melbourne being unable to capitalise in the last quarter and then faltering. Sydney obvious premiership favourites now.

Carn Port.

Wankard is having a shocker it seems - only 5 possies

He has these sorts of games very often. Usually the several great ones each year get him hyped up as a *superstar of the competition* but in a lot of matches over the past two years he does some flashy stuff and little else.

Pretty pissweak by the Power, though I think we might be underestimating the Dees a bit here - they may be low on the ladder, but they've only been thrashed once (by the Eagles :cool:) and have been fairly competitive all year.

I completely forgot we had a game on tonight on account of my recent move. Looks like it's been a good one.

Port really did not deserve to win. Lucked out due to Melbourne being unable to capitalise in the last quarter and then faltering. Sydney obvious premiership favourites now.

:lol: This would be the most reactionary post you've ever made, if it weren't for your other AFL-related posts.

Weren't the Swans an overhyped disappointment with a laughable payroll a month ago?

Huh, I'm surprised we choked so badly. We've been really good in the 4th as of late. Really disappointing, absolute waste of points on a shit team. Fuck Brisbane and their half assed effort this season. Of course they show up for the one game I care about.

Based on the rest of our schedule, I would be surprised if we won more than 4 or 5 more games this season. This was a golden opportunity to at least briefly save face.

Last edited:
I'm very pleased Brisbane somehow pulled through at the end - looks like it must've been an exciting game to watch. It was nice to ring up my Mum at the end and hear her happy about a victory; such calls have been rare of late!

Meanwhile, great start by the Bombers so far. Richmond look listless. However, we know how this script goes in 2014: Essendon take a huge lead into quarter time and then completely blow it and lose. Hopefully we've chucked out that script...

:lol: This would be the most reactionary post you've ever made, if it weren't for your other AFL-related posts.

Weren't the Swans an overhyped disappointment with a laughable payroll a month ago?

The point was a bit exaggerated but honestly, having watched the game, Melbourne were in a winning position multiple times and had Port struggling. They didn't put their foot to Port's throat in the end.

Everybody was going on about how the Swans were going to flop early in the year.

Roosy's troops are going to claim a big scalp soon, I promise you.

Queen's Birthday?

God I hope so!

I was a bit worried there early in the second quarter that we were reverting to the usual script, but we finished strong and look good at half time. Hope we can keep it up.

Oh for the love of god what is Tone doing on my footy broadcast!

Reckon if Dawes played, they might have got up?

Melbourne usually match up well against Collingwood. I mean we've spanked them the last few Queen's Birthdays, but they did draw against us in 2010 (should have won) and back in the 2000's there were some close games.

Anyway...has BT said "NIGHTMARE TIME AT THE 'G FOR RICHMOND FANS!" ? Only just tuning in now. Can't believe its only 7:30 and we're into the third quarter #PerthTime

Wow, another goalless quarter for the Tiges. Much as I'm fond of Richmond, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Essendon needed to bounce back and hopefully we don't ease off in the final quarter. We could really use an emphatic win.

Daniher's really bounced back in this game, making the most of only just scraping into the team after initially being dropped.

Anyway...has BT said "NIGHTMARE TIME AT THE 'G FOR RICHMOND FANS!" ?

Yes, yes he has.

It's been quite a night for BT.

Back
Top Bottom