All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My AH vinyl arrived today :) In almost perfect condition (there is a small area at the top of the outer sleeve where the colored paper is "broken" through to the white paper under it) but it's nothing I'm worried about. The whole set is packaged beautifully, and the purple vinyl is very cool. (Though IMO I'd be more apt to call it cobalt blue) But just YAY for finally receiving it.

:hmm: I tried to get a good photo of the color but it wasn't easy.

Close to how it looks:

ArtificialHorizonvinyl3.jpg

And backlit by the computer screen:

ArtificialHorizonvinyl2.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday.

Thank you comet for posting photos, I'm leaving sealed but I wanted to see the Purple Babies. :love:

I ordered 2 copies of the vinyl AH. I moved. I let U2.com know of my new address before the items were shipped.

To date, I have received one copy. For that I am happy. But I was supposed to get 2. Hmmm... Wonder if the other one will ever arrive. Did anyone else order 2 (or more) and actually get them all?

A friend of mine ordered two, and only one arrived.
A little disapointing as the second one was for me. :(

May be they didn't press enough?

I finally put mine on the turntable the other night and realized 2 of the discs are a bit "ruffled" (I don't know if there is a techie term for that but warped anyway) :| I mean they still play fine but it's definitely visibly plain to see when spinning on the turntable. The 3rd disc is flat and smooth. At this point I don't even care though. :shrug: It looks pretty in my bookshelf with the rest of my u2 vinyl.

I finally put mine on the turntable the other night and realized 2 of the discs are a bit "ruffled" (I don't know if there is a techie term for that but warped anyway) :| I mean they still play fine but it's definitely visibly plain to see when spinning on the turntable. The 3rd disc is flat and smooth. At this point I don't even care though. :shrug: It looks pretty in my bookshelf with the rest of my u2 vinyl.

Yeah, the techie term pretty much is "warped" hehe.

Okay thanks! :D :up: (I thought there might be something more for REALLY warped, with lots of bumps :wink: ) I'm guessing this was due to the fact that it came on a very hot delivery truck. :shrug: It reminds me of the olden days when you'd come home to find that you left your curtains open and the sun had baked your LP you left on the turntable.

Haha, I got my copy today, FINALLY. I put on the Justice Remix of Boots first and thought, hrmmm, sounds different, then realized I had to play it at 45 rpm.

Yeah, it was funny, my girlfriend said "Is this the GOTH remix?" "are you sure you didn't get some GOTH tribute to U2 album?"

"Is this the GOTH remix?" "are you sure you didn't get some GOTH tribute to U2 album?"

That's funny. :lmao:

Is anyone else still waiting for their triple vinyl?

I ordered and paid for mine on the 5th of Feb, neally 7 months later, still waiting!!!!!!!

:doh:

I ordered 2 copies of the vinyl AH. I moved. I let U2.com know of my new address before the items were shipped.

To date, I have received one copy. For that I am happy. But I was supposed to get 2. Hmmm... Wonder if the other one will ever arrive. Did anyone else order 2 (or more) and actually get them all?

Just an update - I'm happy to say that my second copy came last week! Despite changing my address prior to shipment, both were originally shipped to my old address. Clearly this caused a delay. I haven't officially opened either, but superficially, both look in good condition. I did buy one to "play" with, so I will do that soon. However, the fact that I received both of my copies bodes well for those of you still waiting. They are coming! :applaud:

Just an update - I'm happy to say that my second copy came last week! Despite changing my address prior to shipment, both were originally shipped to my old address. Clearly this caused a delay. I haven't officially opened either, but superficially, both look in good condition. I did buy one to "play" with, so I will do that soon. However, the fact that I received both of my copies bodes well for those of you still waiting. They are coming! :applaud:

Thanks for the info. It helps.

Artificial Horizon LPs arrived badly damaged

I posted this in another area, but wanted to post here as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious if a lot of you have ran into what I have with the Artificial Horizon LPs. I ordered 5 copies of the 5 in the last few days in May that they were on sale. I initially ordered 3 copies for me and my wife with 1 extra. I then placed another order for 2 copies for friends who are not U2.com members. The first 3 I ordered arrived 6 days ago, each packaged separately. When I opened them, 1 copy was pretty much perfect, 1 had the upper left corner banged in (bad enough to where I would not buy an LP in this conidtion in a store) and the third one had a couple of large, major folds. I decided to hold off until all 5 arrived before contacting the company. The other 2 copies have now arrived with 1 copy with bashed in upper left corner and the second one in the worst condition out of all 5 ordered with major creases on at least 3 sides.

Obviously, I'm very pissed off at this, and I can see it all had to do with poor packaging used to ship LPs internationally. Has anyone contacted U2.com or Livenation to get replacements for damaged copies? These were shipped to me from France to the U.S. and there's no way I'm paying anything to return 4 of these heavy LPs to there. I intend to take photos to show them the extent of the damage and submit them if needed. I can see maybe they'll offer to give me a refund, but that's not what I want. I want what I ordered and should have received, which is 5 undamaged LPs.

If anyone can offer me some feedback, I would appreciate it.

My Artificial Horizon finally turned up. :applaud:

It was well packaged and arrived in perfect condition, albeit very late! It was ordered in Feb, mailed on 23 July (from Europe) and arrived here (Australia) on 18 August

I posted this in another area, but wanted to post here as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious if a lot of you have ran into what I have with the Artificial Horizon LPs. I ordered 5 copies of the 5 in the last few days in May that they were on sale. I initially ordered 3 copies for me and my wife with 1 extra. I then placed another order for 2 copies for friends who are not U2.com members. The first 3 I ordered arrived 6 days ago, each packaged separately. When I opened them, 1 copy was pretty much perfect, 1 had the upper left corner banged in (bad enough to where I would not buy an LP in this conidtion in a store) and the third one had a couple of large, major folds. I decided to hold off until all 5 arrived before contacting the company. The other 2 copies have now arrived with 1 copy with bashed in upper left corner and the second one in the worst condition out of all 5 ordered with major creases on at least 3 sides.

Obviously, I'm very pissed off at this, and I can see it all had to do with poor packaging used to ship LPs internationally. Has anyone contacted U2.com or Livenation to get replacements for damaged copies? These were shipped to me from France to the U.S. and there's no way I'm paying anything to return 4 of these heavy LPs to there. I intend to take photos to show them the extent of the damage and submit them if needed. I can see maybe they'll offer to give me a refund, but that's not what I want. I want what I ordered and should have received, which is 5 undamaged LPs.

If anyone can offer me some feedback, I would appreciate it.
I don't have any specific info on this, but my CD of the 2001 Slane concert was pretty bent. I'm so sorry this happened to you and know the pain of this myself, having bought 2 Radiohead "In Rainbows" discboxes with areas bent or torn and had the same problem with 4 replacements that I said didn't have to include CDs or vinyls. It's a massive pain. I also find this problem in stores.

Keep fighting for your rights. Insist to U2.com that it give you replacements. It's one big reason I'm hesitant to order stuff internationally. I find this even happens with amazon and always get replacements.

Good luck.

Um, I just re-signed up for a paid subscription on an old account, and it says my pre-sale codes have already been used? :|Was I like, supposed to totally sign up for a new account again or something?

If anyone missed out and isn't bothered about the cover as long as the vinyl is playable - I'm thinking of selling my triple vinyl now partly due to making money for rent and the fact I don't like it all that much!
Had a mass clear out and currently have no room for my turntable right now. Lots of vinyl going in my old room at my Mum's and I listened to the album online and, to be honest i don't like the remixes at all :lol:

They should have used the Sheffield 'Crazy Tonight', at least Bono sang the two tribes part in the right key :wink:...so yeah, I'm not too bothered about letting this go. Just want it out of my life haha

but seriously, if anyone likes the album and wants a copy of the vinyl (damaged cover) i'll be putting up a thread in the right forum. Cover's creased in the corner. one disc's been played to check the vinyl was okay (its still mint) :up:

Um, I just re-signed up for a paid subscription on an old account, and it says my pre-sale codes have already been used? :|Was I like, supposed to totally sign up for a new account again or something?

Are the used presale codes completely blanked or striked through with red? If striked through, are they codes you did originally use or are they new codes?

If the first case, you probably need to give them some time. Around the last presales for the EU leg the random number generator broke and they were MANUALLY handing out people presale codes. :| Maybe they 'forgot' to fix it.

Are the used presale codes completely blanked or striked through with red? If striked through, are they codes you did originally use or are they new codes?

If the first case, you probably need to give them some time. Around the last presales for the EU leg the random number generator broke and they were MANUALLY handing out people presale codes. :| Maybe they 'forgot' to fix it.

It just says 'this code has been used' no numbers or anything. I'll send them an email . Perhaps I'll get a new code when pre-sale info for Oz Is determined

How long does U2.COM take to clear subscription applications, im thinking of signing up just to get presale tickets but not if its takes ages to clear! I've got 2 weeks before the public sale and hoping to get the tickets before then. Plus, what is the limit on pre-sale tickets?

Sounds like they 'forgot' to add your new codes. Common fail, remember those from last year as well. It shouldn't take more than an hour or so to have your code up but if they haven't fixed the automatic process they have to handle the applications all manually. That would take ages.

Limit depends on the ticket selling agency. Usually it's 4 per purchase, but sometimes you can buy up to 8.

Back
Top Bottom