All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will reduce the number of collaborations down tremendously.

That's true! But it would be strange to include collaborations of a single band member...

I can think of:

The Wanderer (Johnny Cash)
The Saints are Coming (Greenday)
One (Mary J Blige)
SBS (with Jay z..please Nooooooooooooot)
LoveComes to Town (BB King)
If you wear taht velvet dress (w jools Holland)
Miss Sarajevo (w Pavarotti)
Love Rescue Me (w bob Dylan)

Then there are also good live recordings from the hall of fame concert:

Because the Night (Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith)
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (with Bruce)
Mysterious Ways/Where Is the Love/One (wit Black Eyed Peas: let's hope noooot!)
Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of (with Mick Jagger)

some Pearl Jam collaboration from Vertigo-tour?

zomg.png

found another place on u2.com where the codes are listed. this is much clearer :up:

never mind, I see where you found this information. However, I still don't understand how I have my other code available to me when I already used it. :confused:

I know they did a duet with Michael W Smith that has never seen the light of day

I have a playlist with a bunch of this stuff. My initial thought would be that they wouldn't include anything that's already had an official U2 album release, or a strictly Bono collaboration. But that only leaves eight studio tracks:

Sweet Fire of Love (w/ Robbie Robertson)
Testimony (w/ Robbie Robertson)
I'm Not Your Baby (w/ Sinead)
Slow Dancing (w/ Willie Nelson)
One (w/ Mary J.)
Tower of Song (w/ Leonard Cohen)
Sgt. Pepper (w/ Paul McCartney)
The Saints Are Coming (w/ Green Day) * appeared on U18, but not a full-length album

So they'll have to round it out with some Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, BB King, Pavarotti, etc...unless they did a bunch of live tracks. In which case the sky's the limit. (Axl Rose everybody! Shankar! Lou Reed!)

Maybe the Hall of Fame recordings if we're lucky, but I would imagine they'd be tough to license, especially for something like this.

ZOMG YES.

I'm so peeved a professional video never materialized, not even on Kylie's concert DVD. We just have the crummy audience video. :(

The live version was on her Showgirl live CD, though. Definitely worth the price of admission. (Although really, as a Kylie fan, the whole thing was worth the price of the CD and then some.)

What, where are these two found?

Love is in Need of Love Tonight w/Stevie Wonder was on from a digital album called "Dafur Now" or something like that which I bought mid last year (not sure if was released earlier than that)

War/No More Trouble w/Bob Marley is off an album called "Playing for Change - Songs from Around the World" off iTunes, also last year.

:huh: I just received an email from Live Nation thanking me for my Artificial Horizon order and letting me know it's been shipped. I already received my copy in July. (At least if they actually send it I can pass it on to my friend who still hasn't received hers :shrug: )

i was also poking around their news site and found this: U2 > News > Upload Your 'Crazy' Video Clips

look at the date :giggle:

Jun 29 1999? :lol:

never mind, I see where you found this information. However, I still don't understand how I have my other code available to me when I already used it. :confused:

Chalk it up to the same error that allowed many of us to purchase the Super Duper Deluxe Box Set for under $40. (Once again, many thanks to Live Nation.)

I personally love that my subscription doesn't expire until March 2011, I have an active presale code, yet all over the place there are links for me to click on and renew.

Ummm, yeah, get back to me in March of 2011.

Love is in Need of Love Tonight w/Stevie Wonder was on from a digital album called "Dafur Now" or something like that which I bought mid last year (not sure if was released earlier than that)

Do you have a link for this, because the soundtrack to Darfur Now does not have this song, only the score. There was a low-quality MP3 on the movie's MySpace page back in the day, but I've never seen a high-quality version. It does play over the credits on the DVD.

Do you have a link for this, because the soundtrack to Darfur Now does not have this song, only the score. There was a low-quality MP3 on the movie's MySpace page back in the day, but I've never seen a high-quality version. It does play over the credits on the DVD.

The one I have might be the low quality one you speak of, but I really don't know. It says:

MPEG-1 Layer 3
128 kbps
44.100 khz

I'm guessing that's the low quality. I haven't listened to it more than a few times, but it sounds okay.

haha yes let's hope they will forget about that one...
Let's bury that thing so deep they will never ever remember that thing exists.

The Bono/Kylie Kids is :drool: He sounds fantastic on it. I wonder if they'll include live stuff though.
Here kitty kitty... :love:

ZOMG YES.

I'm so peeved a professional video never materialized, not even on Kylie's concert DVD. We just have the crummy audience video. :(

The live version was on her Showgirl live CD, though. Definitely worth the price of admission. (Although really, as a Kylie fan, the whole thing was worth the price of the CD and then some.)

Uh it did, didn't it? I remember seeing a good quality video of it! :ohmy:

The one I have might be the low quality one you speak of, but I really don't know. It says:

MPEG-1 Layer 3
128 kbps
44.100 khz

I'm guessing that's the low quality. I haven't listened to it more than a few times, but it sounds okay.

It's still there if anyone is intersted...

Code:
http://wbads-62.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wip/us/darfurnow/music/loveIsInNeedOfLoveToday.m p 3

this is the best one I found on YouTube, a "remix" of a few sources, I guess. Not great, but better than I remembered.

YouTube - Bono and Kylie Minogue - Kids - 12-11-2006

That's the only one I know of too, looks like someone pieced it together. I still wonder why it wasn't included on her dvd, there's a whole backstage special feature on it, but not the actual song! Maybe it had something to do with Robbie Williams and the rights.
It's too bad, Bono is HOT. I do love that performance. :love:

U2.Com 360 European Tour Store

:hyper: New OFFICIAL calendar!!!

U2.Com 360 European Tour Store
Haven't seen this one at the merch stand before! It's pretty, but 90 euros??? OUCH.

Sweet! :hyper: I still have my membership coupon. :hmm:

By the way, has anyone bought the new mug? The old one, as I mentioned a long time ago, had lead in the logo and did not survive repeat trips through the dishwasher. I like the new one better but I don't want to order it if it's got lead and if it won't last very long. :slant:

That's the only one I know of too, looks like someone pieced it together. I still wonder why it wasn't included on her dvd, there's a whole backstage special feature on it, but not the actual song! Maybe it had something to do with Robbie Williams and the rights.
It's too bad, Bono is HOT. I do love that performance. :love:

That is indeed shit quality. But I KNOW I giffed this clip and it was good quality so I must have another one. I will try to find it!

Hm. I see this video uses the same footage of the leash moment that I have saved on my computer. Bugger. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom