2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of these resellers aren't going to get what they want. When it comes to crunch time, I'd be shocked if a lot of the $300 tickets can even be sold at face value...that's a high enough price point to make people balk (especially if they're charging that much for the upper deck in some venues).

I guess I won't be attending this tour whatsoever unless they come back around to the Bay Area (preferably in stadiums 'cause those are a breeze for tickets). Bad luck. I was cheap nosebleeds or GA or nothing. I just couldn't fathom paying $100 a pop for nosebleeds and anything more than that is a colossal joke.

For the heck of it, I tried for tickets for all the Boston Shows and New York shows and there are tix for all of the shows still, I kinda think that's shocking!!! You wonder if they aren't the hottest ticket anymore!?!

If New York doesn't expand, then maybe Philadelphia or Washington gets added. I suspect U2 are signed up to play a certain amount of shows per leg and those shows will be played in other cities if the ones already on sale don't merit expanding to additional nights. The rumors prior to the tour announcement suggested residencies that could expand to meet demand, so they may be already figuring on other cities.

I have been to hundreds of concerts over the past 25 years, and have never experienced anything like this entire debacle of a ticket sale before. I am so over it. As long as they don't cancel my Night 1 tickets as well, I will consider it a victory. Ugh, my nerves are just shot.

Anyone need a Boston night 2 balcony seat, lol?

Contact Ticketmaster before giving up and state your case. Take it to a supervisor.

A lot of these resellers aren't going to get what they want. When it comes to crunch time, I'd be shocked if a lot of the $300 tickets can even be sold at face value...that's a high enough price point to make people balk (especially if they're charging that much for the upper deck in some venues).

I guess I won't be attending this tour whatsoever unless they come back around to the Bay Area (preferably in stadiums 'cause those are a breeze for tickets). Bad luck. I was cheap nosebleeds or GA or nothing. I just couldn't fathom paying $100 a pop for nosebleeds and anything more than that is a colossal joke.

exactly. this is why unless i get GA's, I plan to wait it out.

The Rolling Stones (finally) learned a lesson in overpricing tickets last tour, and had to discount a ton of lower and floor tix just to keep people showing up. If U2 has to paper this tour just to put asses in seats, it might serve as a wakeup call. If they had priced the uppers at 150 max you'd be looking at faster sellouts.

For the heck of it, I tried for tickets for all the Boston Shows and New York shows and there are tix for all of the shows still, I kinda think that's shocking!!! You wonder if they aren't the hottest ticket anymore!?!

I can see them waning a bit...Vertigo was probably the biggest they've been in the public consciousness (hundreds of millions were exposed to the band via the iPod ads)....now they've put out two albums with declining critical acclaim/popularity.

But mostly, it's the fucking crazy ticket prices that are causing all of this. There's no reason these shows shouldn't have sold out in minutes. I was still pulling up tickets for San Jose about 90 minutes in. There's a limited amount of shows and they're in arenas at that...people just aren't that ecstatic about these crazy prices.

The Rolling Stones (finally) learned a lesson in overpricing tickets last tour, and had to discount a ton of lower and floor tix just to keep people showing up. If U2 has to paper this tour just to put asses in seats, it might serve as a wakeup call. If they had priced the uppers at 150 max you'd be looking at faster sellouts.

That's very correct. In the end those Stones shows were packed but it took a lot of discounting to make it happen.

do you think TM is turning off the maps so you have NO idea what is left?

I can picture that happening. Hard to get impulse buying for overpriced tickets when you can easily see what is available throughout the arena and feel you don't have to rush.

Where do you see Boston seats available? I'm looking at the maps for each night, and Boston1 has SIX single seats, and Boston2 has ZERO. :shrug:

Just got nothing available for both nights again, but with no wait time to find out.

that is just totally insane. i have gotten nothing but pretty decent pairs for the last hour but all 300 each.

i now realized that i fucked up when i tried this morning. i selected the 82 level but then failed to notice that TM also checked upper level...oh well.

i'll get GA tix. just might be a little later down the line.

i am not starting to be offered the same seats again. looks to be major blocks in the uper level at 300 are that EMPTY. TM has got to be deliberately turning the seat map off.

If New York doesn't expand, then maybe Philadelphia or Washington gets added. I suspect U2 are signed up to play a certain amount of shows per leg and those shows will be played in other cities if the ones already on sale don't merit expanding to additional nights. The rumors prior to the tour announcement suggested residencies that could expand to meet demand, so they may be already figuring on other cities.

I'm crossing my fingers you're right

LOL at this from the article:

"Affordable pricing should help generate early sales, too: A large percentage of floor seats will sell for $30 and $65, “which is kind of ridiculous, in a good way,” says Fogel. The configuration splits the arena floor in half, with a rectangular layout, though Fogel wants to keep certain details of the production secret."

Yep, Live Nation dude, keep hanging your hat on those cheap GA's, and nevermind the $300/$500 seats all over all levels of the rest of these arenas.

Best part:
Affordable pricing should help generate early sales, too: A large percentage of floor seats will sell for $30 and $65, “which is kind of ridiculous, in a good way,” says Fogel. The configuration splits the arena floor in half, with a rectangular layout, though Fogel wants to keep certain details of the production secret.

Beat me to it :)

Also keep in mind that the tickets went on sale at 10AM on a workday. There's a lot of casual fans who aren't going to get around to looking for tickets until they get home from work tonight. In comparison, the Vertigo Tour went on sale on a Saturday.

Big MacPhisto keep looking you can find some $81 for SJ.

I got those quite often in the morning, actually, and kept dumping them. They came up forever actually. So, yeah, I'm not even willing to go above the cheapest price point for the nosebleeds.

Part of this has to do with the new album, I'm not gonna lie. I really don't care for it so it kind of dilutes my ability to spend much as I'm likely going to give an 'f about most of that material.

And again, it's not really about me feeling entitled or anything (hell, this forum is a case study of that when it comes to GA). It's really the price points doing this. I paid $150 for a seat at the front on Vertigo (San Jose, Night 1). I'd consider doing that again, but $300 is just ridic.

Best part:
Affordable pricing should help generate early sales, too: A large percentage of floor seats will sell for $30 and $65, “which is kind of ridiculous, in a good way,” says Fogel. The configuration splits the arena floor in half, with a rectangular layout, though Fogel wants to keep certain details of the production secret.

Umm..$30 floors? Where exactly? lol

Beat me to it :)

exactly. fuck it, i am done checking for a while. they clearly want to make me think there is so much demand etc. when there is none. 5 hours after TO1 went on sale and i could get tickets as low as row 7, corner and with 360 stage, i suspect a very good view.

i am sort of surprised they left so much space between concerts now...

Where do you see Boston seats available? I'm looking at the maps for each night, and Boston1 has SIX single seats, and Boston2 has ZERO. :shrug:

Just checked again and there's a bunch tix still available.

Fuck it

I have 1 $81 seat for San Jose 1 and 2 $81 seats for San Jose 2

I might sell the extra SJ2 ticket, and I'm looking to trade for GA for at least 1 show.

I'm sad I couldn't grab a hold of a single GA today, but hey! I'm going to the first 4 shows, the 2 Vancouver ones in GA. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom