Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, for a lot of addicts, sobriety doesn't necessarily "take" on the first try. Entirely possible he started working on it earlier. Or was sober a few years then relapsed, but hasn't had a relapse since '98. I think most recovering addicts start over with their timeline of sobriety if they relapse.

Yup, you are correct on all accounts.

I'm assuming he stopped drinking in 1993 but continued with marijuana until 1998 or so. Perhaps he's been 19 years completely clean, as opposed to just sober.

I would think he'd have to be a bit toked-up in order to wear his ridiculous outfit for the Pop Mart shows...lol

I kid, i kid.

I thought there were definitely stories of Adam using various substances on Popmart?

Never heard of those!
I was under the impression he cleaned up his act after the infamous Sydney bender.

that's what i was getting at earlier. Anywho, it's all in the past and he's happy and healthy today and that's what really counts.

But i'd love to be a "fly" on the wall if he was weeded, wearing that outfit, and taking in a ride in a disco-ball lemon.:applaud:

Wasn't there an incident with Adam in a nightclub in Australia during Popmart? We all know he had his issues in Australia during Zoo, but this story happened during Popmart.

GAs still available for Phoenix - I just scored 2 with no problem and they are still listed. And you can print at home or get hard copies mailed to you.

Yeah, 3 days after this quoted post and they're still available even now.

They're also the cheapest tickets still available. The $35 tickets appear to be all gone (apart from up-priced resales). Still plenty of $100+ tickets available though, and some VIP tix left as well.

And yes, I can confirm Glendale is not doing CC entry for GA.

U2 just took the stage at the Musicares event in New York.

First song - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

DDSVUt9XYAEq7mP.jpg:small

The setlist is being posted over on U2 start

artists who played before U2 took the stage:

1. Scarlet by Orchestra
2. Michael Franti - Television state of the nation
3. Mission Impossible by Orchestra
4. Speech by Cat Dealey
5. Two Songs by Chronixx Music
6. One by The Lumineers
7. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers
8. The Seetest Thing by Jack Garratt
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday by Michael Franti
10. My Way by Macy Gray
11. ISHFWILF by Macy Gray

plus probably two or three more that I missed.

1 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
2 - Vertigo
Happy Birthday
3 - I Will Follow / Three Little Birds (snippet)

show over

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

U2 just took the stage at the Musicares event in New York.

First song - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Slowly bringing the fan favorites back from the dead. :wink:

A song about a friend committing suicide is appropriate for an event honoring a friend and bandmate.

Got it.

The award Adam received is given to music industry people who help others in the industry recover from addiction. Stuck in a Moment is a heartfelt song about a friend trying to help another friend conquer his demons. It was a perfectly appropriate song choice.

The award Adam received is given to music industry people who help others in the industry recover from addiction. Stuck in a Moment is a heartfelt song about a friend trying to help another friend conquer his demons. It was a perfectly appropriate song choice.
okay. fine. I just don't want it in the damn setlist, and they like to add songs they play at these little things back into the setlist from time to time.

and also... why whip out Stuck when there were two songs that are literally about addiction that they play every night, such as...
On what fucking planet did it not occur to them to play Running to Stand Still at this event?

Glad it wasn't just me.

Huh? RTSS isn't about Adam any more than Stuck is.

And Headache's fear is justified - after Stuck showed up at the Roxy in 2015, it then made the IE setlist, though mercifully infrequently and not at all on the European leg. I don't see where it would fit in the current set though.

Back
Top Bottom