LA #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, we're up to 35 songs played on this leg of the tour thus far. That's pretty impressive considering we haven't even had the likes of Hippy [sic and/or hic] Birthday

But I'm never upset to hear any of these songs live because that means I'm at a U2 show.

At the end of the day, this is always my sentiment....I'm just irked tonight, for once, over the ATYCLB-fest.

I've seen them 2x this tour, with at least 4 more coming. I hope I get some variety, relative to what variety means with U2.

I can totally relate to you! I was having cancer treatment when Stuck In a Moment and Walk On came out. Those songs and that whole record got me through some rough times. I would listen to it on my way to treatments and it really gave me some hope. Hope you are okay now. It's been 14 years cancer free for me!

No wonder we relate. Yes, doing well since dx 2004.... at least with that. Glad to see you are okay.

I always say, "Still hear to bitch." That's what life is all about.

I honestly don't know how to conceivably make this setlist worst, realistically speaking. Probably by shoehorning Miracle Drug and Walk On in there somewhere at the expense of Invisible or Until the end of the world.

I love this album so much more than last album, so by that definition no way any set list last tour was better just because I love these current songs more.

As for playing Stuck in concert I love it... all their song can't be rock in roll fast songs when they play. You've got to have a little bit of slow too.

The fan wish list include many "slow" songs. Same are even slower than "Stuck".

Stuck simply isn't a song that needs to be heard 4 tours in a row with so much other incredible material that's never been played in eons or never even played in North America.

The music on MD just sits there, no matter how much the band or you think the lyrics are good. It didn't even last thru the European tour in 2005.

The CDUK performance is the still the best rendition of this song. If they'd only stuck to that and Bono limited his 28 minute story to 28 seconds it might have been in rotation more often

Sent from my SM-N9005 using U2 Interference mobile app

Elevation and stuck are two of the most defining post 2000 songs the band have written. That is an insult of the very highest order.

Elevation is a good song? Maybe it was fun for a couple tours but that was a decade ago.

2 premieres back to back and people are unhappy.

Who was asking for them with so much more interesting material they've rehearsed this tour?

Dumb question, the people that post and seem more negative in these threads, when you go to the actual LIVE shows, do you enjoy them or do you get as upset as you do on threads?

I love this band, but tonight was disappointing. I thought since they played 11 O'Clock Tick Tock at the Roxy show they would bring it back and they need to retire WOWY Bono's voice just sounds tired on that song.

I'm off to watch UABRS now. :wave:

We all want exciting and different set lists every night, but U2 keeps telling us that they don't do that. And us following them every night won't help surprise us.

I will say forget song selection, but they do have very weird pacing this tour. Back to back slow songs and sometimes they end on songs (like tonight) that are great songs, but aren't closers... it's weird. I'm sure there are reasons for this (setups) or they just don't give a fuck... but is it weird...

And I think pacing/placement of songs is more what people are upset about than just songs themselves...

Elevation is a good song? Maybe it was fun for a couple tours but that was a decade ago.

Who was asking for them with so much more interesting material they've rehearsed this tour?

Jeez. Read what I said! Elevation is shite!

Back
Top Bottom