2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my 8 and 11 year old boys to one of the NYC shows. It will be their first concert,,,can't wait to see their faces when the red lights come on for Streets.

And for those who hate on "The Miracle" and for those who say U2 has completely lost touch with the younger folks, here's a cute story. I was driving with my 8 year old and one of his friends. The friend (not my brainwashed son) asked me if I had the U2 album and if so, could I play "The Miracle". I did, and for the next 5 minutes he and my son sang along to the entire song. I just kept driving and grinning,,,

Maybe they're doing it with the time zone of Vancouver, at the time the show starts...

They're still a day behind

I live in Chile, right now it's 11:30, and in Vancouver it's 7:30
I was up last night and they released that video on Instagram at 3 am here, that would be 11 pm in Vancouver. But THE WORLD sees those videos the next day... today.

Right now, we're 7 days away, not 8. Sure, when they post it, they were 8 days away... for ONE hour, while the rest of the world sleeps.

I work in social media, and this is just stupid to me.

This is a weird scenario, but imagine you're on May 14 and see a video that says "1 day". You'd think the tour starts on the 15, but it's on the 14! Imagine some people might even miss the show because of it.

At this rate, they would post the "TODAY" video at 11 pm on the 14, when the first show's over... :|

And for those who hate on "The Miracle" and for those who say U2 has completely lost touch with the younger folks, here's a cute story. I was driving with my 8 year old and one of his friends. The friend (not my brainwashed son) asked me if I had the U2 album and if so, could I play "The Miracle". I did, and for the next 5 minutes he and my son sang along to the entire song. I just kept driving and grinning,,,

The Miracle's just fine. The live version with the full band did seem like it needed a bit of work based off their fall promo performances, but I imagine it'll sound better this time around after they tinkered with it. Should go down like a storm.

I'm taking my 8 and 11 year old boys to one of the NYC shows. It will be their first concert,,,can't wait to see their faces when the red lights come on for Streets.

Awesome!

I have a 4 year old ( who I want to take to a show but will probably wait till next year) and loves all of SOI. His favorite is Raised By Wolves and Reach Me.

They're still a day behind

I live in Chile, right now it's 11:30, and in Vancouver it's 7:30
I was up last night and they released that video on Instagram at 3 am here, that would be 11 pm in Vancouver. But THE WORLD sees those videos the next day... today.

Right now, we're 7 days away, not 8. Sure, when they post it, they were 8 days away... for ONE hour, while the rest of the world sleeps.

I work in social media, and this is just stupid to me.

This is a weird scenario, but imagine you're on May 14 and see a video that says "1 day". You'd think the tour starts on the 15, but it's on the 14! Imagine some people might even miss the show because of it.

At this rate, they would post the "TODAY" video at 11 pm on the 14, when the first show's over... :|

They aren't behind if they are including the day of the show. Maybe the day of the show the video will come out in the monring???

Bono enters alone and lights up the bulb... lurks around singing without a microphone, going OOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH (the intro), getting everyone to sing it... eventualy the rest of the band enters and the song begins.

Actually the idea of Bono walking out alone onto a dark stage and screwing in the lightbulb himself is pretty cool. Only thing I'd have hi do differently would be to start the singing in the dark. Have it fade in and out, the crowd picks it up and stops, then the lightbulb comes on. Everyone would cheer :lol:

The U2 camp caught up. One more week. :rockon:

11219135_10153900618841686_1285086133912700642_n.jpg

U2 - Timeline Photos

Sequins: Adam, boots in the back: Bono, boots in the front: Edge, weird shoes on the right: Larry. At least that's my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think they're placed based on their stage positions. Bono in the front, Adam to the right, Edge on the left and Larry at the back.

The only one I'm pretty sure of is that Adam's is on the right. And that Larry definitely is NOT the boots in the front, and Bono is not the studded shoes on the left. I'm inclined to agree with prbiker15 although I could see Larry wearing the studded shoes, Bono the clunky ones in the back (thick sole adds height ;) ) and Edge the ones in the front.

I think they're placed based on their stage positions. Bono in the front, Adam to the right, Edge on the left and Larry at the back.

I think you're exactly right. The ones on the right are absolutely Adam, the ones in the back are the least rockstarish, no bullshit so Larry, The Edge for sure on the left and Bono in front.

Sequins: Adam, boots in the back: Bono, boots in the front: Edge, weird shoes on the right: Larry. At least that's my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Flip Larry and Edge and we're on the same page.

Edge wears shoes meant for a far younger man, always has.

Actually the idea of Bono walking out alone onto a dark stage and screwing in the lightbulb himself is pretty cool. Only thing I'd have hi do differently would be to start the singing in the dark. Have it fade in and out, the crowd picks it up and stops, then the lightbulb comes on. Everyone would cheer :lol:

Bono. In the dark. Screwing in a lightbulb? Oh hell no. The man can't even ride a bike!! :lmao:

The U2 camp caught up. One more week. :rockon:

11219135_10153900618841686_1285086133912700642_n.jpg

U2 - Timeline Photos

Shoes are in band position. Edge is sequins (reminds me of PopMart; may be hope for a slide solo shuffle yet!!!), Larry's the combat boots in the back, Bono is in the front, and Adam has the silver ones that totally remind me of Back To The Future for some reason. (And no velcro jokes. I see laces under the strap!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok, with 6 days to go until the first show, does anyone know who the opening act will be or if they are even going to have opening acts on this tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom