Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone stop bullying thavidesco

It's just mean to pick on someone with oppositional defiance disorder. Don't you know that U2 sucks, Bono can't sing, and everyone thavidesco has ever spoken to is fucking wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Everyone stop bullying thavidesco

It's just mean to pick on someone with oppositional defiance disorder. Don't you know that U2 sucks, Bono can't sing, and everyone thavidesco has ever spoken to is fucking wrong!

Please do not use selective comprehension for my posts, I love new album, for me it is the best since Achtung Baby, U2 are my favorite band by far, Bono is my favorite singer and Edge is the most talented guitar player ever, but it doesn´t mean some of their choices or steps cannot suck :)

Please do not use selective comprehension for my posts, I love new album, for me it is the best since Achtung Baby, U2 are my favorite band by far, Bono is my favorite singer and Edge is the most talented guitar player ever, but it doesn´t mean some of their choices or steps cannot suck :)

I think what I, and by the looks almost every other poster except the known trolls who are defending you (look at the company you keep) have an issue with is that it isn't just disagreeing artistically with a decision, it is whining end-of-the-world hyperbole you keep spewing ad nauseum until we all just pretty much want to blow our brains out. The Adele version if EBW joke wasn't funny the first 400 times you tried it, why would it be funny now? Subtlety is a skill you do not possess. You prefer to take a brick to the face of people here and drive your point home until we are left spent, lifeless, exasperated, and ultimately just fed up.

I think what I, and by the looks almost every other poster except the known trolls who are defending you (look at the company you keep) have an issue with is that it isn't just disagreeing artistically with a decision, it is whining end-of-the-world hyperbole you keep spewing ad nauseum until we all just pretty much want to blow our brains out. The Adele version if EBW joke wasn't funny the first 400 times you tried it, why would it be funny now? Subtlety is a skill you do not possess. You prefer to take a brick to the face of people here and drive your point home until we are left spent, lifeless, exasperated, and ultimately just fed up.

:up:

If it upsets you so much and you cannot find the merit of the message or you cannot react to the matter of the issue or you cannot just put together some arguments together and all you can do is just to throwing random insults, I can only advise you to ignore my posts :) There are others who have something to say...

BTW: Adele EBW isn´t meant to be funny, it is just the most suitable description of the song arrangement, same as Miracle being "a dad rock" :)

If it upsets you so much and you cannot find the merit of the message or you cannot react to the matter of the issue or you cannot just put together some arguments together and all you can do is just to throwing random insults, I can only advise you to ignore my posts :) There are others who have something to say...

BTW: Adele EBW isn´t meant to be funny, it is just the most suitable description of the song arrangement, same as Miracle being "a dad rock" :)

People here are touchy... and yes there are plenty here in the everything U2 does is perfect and how dare anyone question them crowd. And that can get really fucking annoying sometimes if you have an opinion that might not be positive towards the band.

But for fucks sake... when you see half the board calling you out for every post you make... which are the exact same things over and over and over again... perhaps it's just time to drop it, or perhaps tweak the argumemt.

Continuing to post the exact same stupid lines over and over again in response to the same things just makes you a douchey troll.

People here are touchy... and yes there are plenty here in the everything U2 does is perfect and how dare anyone question them crowd. And that can get really fucking annoying sometimes if you have an opinion that might not be positive towards the band.

But for fucks sake... when you see half the board calling you out for every post you make... which are the exact same things over and over and over again... perhaps it's just time to drop it, or perhaps tweak the argumemt.

Continuing to post the exact same stupid lines over and over again in response to the same things just makes you a douchey troll.

:up:

Yeah I'm not exactly a fan of acoustic anything, but the whole "EBW Adele version" thing is tiresome and wasn't funny the first time.

What I am thinking about U2 doing EBW this way rather than the way it is on the album is simple. It works. They are practical and have realized that this version has took on it's own life. Why not this version on SOI? They didn't realize the power of the song stripped down until they did it once live...then twice...they are now responding to the audience. I doubt if they had promoted the full band SOI version of EBW that it would have got the same response. Did they make a mistake with the album version? No it fits well on the album.

I know that this version is still evolving to an extent but the vocals (although the falsetto was nice) were too much of a "shit attack" on this performance for me...

Sometimes when I read in message boards, I like to pretend that George Constanza is actually typing some posts.

This way, I find them funny instead of annoying.

He's a good friend of mine.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So hang on - you're telling me to 'just ignore you' but when others tell you to do the same re EBW you go on a vitriolic diatribe of unfounded nonsense? Got it. One rule for you and your shit, another for everyone else.

I know that this version is still evolving to an extent but the vocals (although the falsetto was nice) were too much of a "shit attack" on this performance for me...

Exactly.

And I´m sorry the falsetto was an unneccesarry show off. Moreover it felt like it would never end.

And I´m sorry the falsetto was an unneccesarry show off. Moreover it felt like it would never end.

You're right. Such a little 4 minute song by a band that you're obviously bother to be a fan of (at least judging from your presence on a U2 "fan forum") can indeed feel like eternity.

I have some advice for you: Next time you switch on your computer (or wherever you're watching) and U2 pop up, just close the window and waste your time with something else. You know, you don't have to watch. That's the advice I'd gladly pass on to many U2 haters on the net who are always bitching about "having to" watch and listen to the band perform. You know, free will and all, it does exist.

You're right. Such a little 4 minute song by a band that you're obviously bother to be a fan of (at least judging from your presence on a U2 "fan forum") can indeed feel like eternity.

I have some advice for you: Next time you switch on your computer (or wherever you're watching) and U2 pop up, just close the window and waste your time with something else. You know, you don't have to watch. That's the advice I'd gladly pass on to many U2 haters on the net who are always bitching about "having to" watch and listen to the band perform. You know, free will and all, it does exist.

:up::up::up:

We can't realistically be tired of a song being performed in an alternate arrangement from an album that is barely two months old right?

I guess they can.

Imagine the hysterical OTT Bono posting frenzy if this is what they intend for EBW for the whole tour.

Fucking this

:applaud:

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom