Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that was a great performance. shame the album version is nothing like it... this is much, much better live.

Yeah. The acoustic versions have made me more and more annoyed by that faux-WOWY churning bass line and pretty much all the guitar work (the autopilot Edge crunchy guitar, those faux-Killers guitar chimes) in the chorus.

Studio version kind of lost the plot. I like the post-chorus synth noise and the atmospheric guitar in the verse. Otherwise...

No shit... My comment was more towards your insinuation that liking U2 is such a rare thing for users of Twitter, as if it's only used by tween girls to look at Justin Bieber pictures.

Yes, but if you've paid any attention at all you would know that U2 is criticized on Twitter almost as much, if not more, than they're praised. Anything that receives across the board acclaim is extremely rare for them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes, but if you've paid any attention at all you would know that U2 is criticized on Twitter almost as much, if not more, than they're praised. Anything that receives across the board acclaim is extremely rare for them.

I don't follow many 14 year olds, so my apologies for missing out on this. Thanks for letting me know.

Given that you're such an asshole, I doubt you have many followers either.

I know this post will most likely lead to "Thread War 100" but if Headache makes this his signature, it would really be hysterical!

I know this post will most likely lead to "Thread War 100" but if Headache makes this his signature, it would really be hysterical!

Absolutely! I don't agree that Headache is an asshole, but this really made me laugh!

I still can't stand EBW no matter in how they change the arrangement or how much Bono tries to force any magic into it . I'm sorry.

Not bad. Hopefully those not too familiar will not notice Bono forgetting the words in the second chorus :doh:

I much prefer the album version, but it seems that the general consensus is that acoustic plays best with the masses. Better get this out as a single quick.

Improvising lyrics live is something he does all the time, and luckily most people don't obsess over it.

Superb, and I thought they couldn't beat the BBC version.

that was a great performance. shame the album version is nothing like it... this is much, much better live.

How do you know, when they haven´t tried to play album version live?

This acoustic version is special indeed. But I can´t help wishing they would play the full band version one day :)

Here's the link to the live stream of tonight's Bambi Awards in Berlin including Red Carpet:

BAMBI 2014

The show itself will start at 8.15 p. m. Berlin time (CET) and will be broadcast live on German TV station ARD. Only invited guests will be at the gala. I hope U2 will perform after 9, because I have a workshop in the evening. My good guess is they'll perform EBW.

Back
Top Bottom