Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we get anything other than what Europe did. We posting here are exceptions; the rest of the US hasn't heard the promo performances unless they watch BBC America.

Mon - EBW full band
Tue - The Miracle full band

You think they're going to kick off the week with a downbeat song like EBW? Ehh, I think it's more likely that The Miracle (or another rocker like Volcano), would be first, to announce "Hey we're not dad rock we can still bring the house down if we have to".

You think they're going to kick off the week with a downbeat song like EBW? Ehh, I think it's more likely that The Miracle (or another rocker like Volcano), would be first, to announce "Hey we're not dad rock we can still bring the house down if we have to".

I think if it is the new single they will want it front and centre

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So here's the prediction
Every Breaking Wave acoustic
The Miracle
Volcano
Song For Someone acoustic
California
Stuck at some point

Complete ignoring of second half of album, affirmative

Unfortunately, this is exactly the same prediction I make. I think "Stuck" will jump in and be played. "Volcano", "California", "Song For Someone": one of this will not be played because there's no way " The Miracle" and "Every Breaking Wave" will fail the shows.

Personally, I'd rather have "Raised By Wolves" (full band), "Reach", "Crystal Ballroom", "Cedarwood" (full band) and "Iris".

I don't give a shit what songs they do as long as they melt our fucking faces off. I'd love to hear Crystal Ballroom, Cedarwood Road, California, Iris and Troubles. But, I'd take a mind blowing performance of Miracle, EBW, SFS, Volcano and Stuck over those songs IF we're going to get OK performances of those songs. This is a promo tour, after all. Depth of quality>.

EBW acoustic is here to stay. For the rest, I guess they'll play mostly what they did in Europe. SFS acoustic is also a good guess. It's beautiful. There's no real need for U2 to change that set. Fans who are following every performance and discussing it on message boards are a forgettable tiny thin minority. The rest of the US audience hasn't heard much from this European promo tour. It's a bit absurd to wish for U2 to play something else because some hardcore fans want to hear different songs. They'll go and play what they feel fits best and what they, as a band, feel best about. Maybe they'll dig out one previously not performed new songs. They had some time to do more rehearsals now, but I doubt it. They have gained some practice playing certain songs within the last couple of weeks and have been gradually improving these versions, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet we'll be hearing the same stuff. I have a strong feeling Volcano will return for the first night.

Agreed. It was a better performance but it makes sense now that that 60 minutes spot is a promo video. It was so beautifully shot.

So it looks like acoustic EBW is the next single, eh?

Just read about the "Bambi". U2 will be receiving the award and performing live in Berlin on 13 November. Wish I could go :sigh: I'm in Berlin so much, but next week is the worst week for me with seminars, workshops, conferences and a book presentation, so there's no chance for me to go. I'm happy for them to return to Berlin, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyqbZOR5Bc This is being sent out as the promo video for EBW by Island Records

Not a fan of the acoustic tour going on but this version and video are very good! I still would prefer a full band performance but I think this is going to go over very well.

With that said, this song might transcend into "classic" territory with me and I have a feeling, the general public/mainstream may just like it too!

Agreed. It was a better performance but it makes sense now that that 60 minutes spot is a promo video. It was so beautifully shot.

Spot on, it was shot very well!

Just read about the "Bambi". U2 will be receiving the award and performing live in Berlin on 13 November. Wish I could go :sigh: I'm in Berlin so much, but next week is the worst week for me with seminars, workshops, conferences and a book presentation, so there's no chance for me to go. I'm happy for them to return to Berlin, though.

What is the Bambi award?

We're on it! :hyper: Thanks so much for the heads up!

We'd all need some serious heavy hallucinogenics for a version of Song For Someone to be considered "mind blowing".

The version from the Graham Norton show was indeed mind blowing, just beautiful. It was very well received by a lot of people. Other versions they did were fine, too, but the GN one was just very special.

What is the Bambi award?

It's a German media prize. A lot of VIPS are there. Tickets are usually sold out by the end of summer. It's a very festive gala with a lot of totally uninteresting people being awarded a golden deer.

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow. the EBW acoustic video is being distributed by Island to whom?? Is it being "released" as a single? of that version? Will that be a track to buy? Ugh.
I'm lost, and I'm a fan that follows every move. I see why the general public have no clue how to even purchase their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom