2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I said in my FB status review that Hamish seems to have gotten his ADD directing under control.

Best view I have had of the entire show this tour, lol. Bono's voice was not the best, but it was interesting to hear Edge loud and clear carrying him during Pride, and there is an annoying playback glitch mid-Iris to early Cedarwood Road, but otherwise a great program!

Yeah I heard his voice sounded pretty rough, wonder why. Interested to see how they are handling this going forward.

Overall, how was it?

I only watched parts of it since I didn't have the chance to sit all the way through it, but the parts I did watch were excellent quality-wise. I imagine some of the shots and such would have been a bit tighter if they had filmed last night after having some experience doing it, but maybe that's expected.

Just finished watching it. The video quality is to die for. Love me some proper high def. The audio is clean; Bono is a bit too prominent for my taste, but that was expected. Electric Co and Sweetest Thing as well as the intermission are cut otherwise I think it's complete with all snippets. Bono’s voice isn't in top form, but I've heard much worse.
There's some room for improvement as far as editing goes but I think it's a pretty good mix of screen and close ups. In any case I really enjoyed it. Not perfect but definitely worth to have. Good stuff!

I'm curious how it got leaked though. As far as I know HBO doesn't have a history of stuff being leaked, do they? Wonder if someone wanted to throw the fans a bone. I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Larry is a bit muted in the mix, and the audio issues around Iris and Cedarwood rd are a bit annoying. Electric Co being cut also sucks.

Other than that, it is pretty incredible.

I cant help but feel this is a bit of a half arsed show. It didn't help that EC was cut off the setlist. Bono's voice being a bit sore, and the crowd not particularly going of either. (mind the seats, and half of the GA most of the time...)

The quality of the images is amazing, but this really feels like a very mellow translation of what the gigs actually feel like from the crowd.
I do not envy the director who has the difficult job of even trying to do this.
Its a nice gesture from U2 or whoever leaked this, to give us this instead of nothing.

Larry is a bit muted in the mix, and the audio issues around Iris and Cedarwood rd are a bit annoying. Electric Co being cut also sucks.

Other than that, it is pretty incredible.

Yeah shame, both are a highlight for me on this tour.

I cant help but feel this is a bit of a half arsed show. It didn't help that EC was cut off the setlist. Bono's voice being a bit sore, and the crowd not particularly going of either. (mind the seats, and half of the GA most of the time...)

The quality of the images is amazing, but this really feels like a very mellow translation of what the gigs actually feel like from the crowd.
I do not envy the director who has the difficult job of even trying to do this.
Its a nice gesture from U2 or whoever leaked this, to give us this instead of nothing.

Hence why they film before the actual event, to work out those issues.

Hence why they film before the actual event, to work out those issues.

Agreed I was thinking the same until someone actually reminded me that this was never intended to go out so we really cannot judge this as being the finished products

U2Start says that "Someone ripped the satellite feed from the air while it was being sent to Canal Plus/HBO."
HjhglzC.gif

Yes to more of this being on YouTube! I guess my biggest issue with the filming is that it makes everything look a bit *sterile*. Part of that is that U2's crowds (depending on the location) aren't nearly as energetic these days, and that the crowd volume is way, way too low in the mix. These are things they probably would have corrected for the final broadcast, though.

Yeah this was really a glorified dress rehearsal, show is also missing a lot of lights that would be there to ensure for a good view of the band on stage. The show itself is pretty solid, the camera editing can be a bit slow sometimes but since it wasn't intended for broadcast that's understandable. Bono's voice is a little rough during Song For Someone and Sunday Bloody Sunday but he recovers nicely. The cameras they were gonna have inside the screen for Invisible and Even Better would have made them significantly more entertaining to watch than the way they were filmed this show which is really just a lot of wide shots. But the biggest thing missing, crowd shots/energy.

Yes to more of this being on YouTube! I guess my biggest issue with the filming is that it makes everything look a bit *sterile*. Part of that is that U2's crowds (depending on the location) aren't nearly as energetic these days, and that the crowd volume is way, way too low in the mix. These are things they probably would have corrected for the final broadcast, though.

Try saying that to the people at Glasgow 2 with regard to crowd energy

Terrible, horribly low quality .gif of Streets incoming, brace yourselves!

S1EKXl.gif

*jump* *jump* *jump*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom