2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a comparison, U2 played Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in 2009, and for sporting events it has a capacity of 25,000. However, U2's attendance was above 50,000.

Above 50,000 at Sheffield?! Is there a reliable source for that?

Horsens only had 35,000, and Sheffield was a much smaller stadium.

Don Valley has the tiniest stands. Check the photo here. Maybe they sold loads more GAs because of the running track. I was on the field at Sheffield and don't remember if they used the track or not.

Don Valley has the tiniest stands. Check the photo here. Maybe they sold loads more GAs because of the running track. I was on the field at Sheffield and don't remember if they used the track or not.

They did use the track. Also the concourse around the back of the seating area was pretty packed. Wouldn't surprise me if there was 50k?

Bah, 45 off!

(Well, 46, since I said "above". Actually, for some reason I had it in my memory that it was about 50,200, but close anyway!)

Wow! That just shows how much I know about estimating crowd sizes. I'd no idea there were so many people at the Don Valley gig.

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of how many GA tickets there were for each gig. Croke Park has an enormous field (cos Gaelic football requires one). The fields in American football and baseball stadiums are a fair bit smaller by comparison. Aussie rules football fields could be the biggest, what d'ya reckon Ax?

It's going to be very interesting to see how many people they can cram onto the field in Melbourne and Perth, the two cities where U2 are playing Aussie Rules/cricket venues. (The Sydney venue will be in rugby configuration, with more seats and a smaller field, while the Brisbane venue is a purely rugby venue.) Not sure it'll be THAT much more than at rectangular venues with extra space on the field for athletics tracks, though.

Might be worth checking the stats for the Vertigo Tour (Melbourne and Adelaide were Aussie Rules venues; Sydney and Brisbane rugby). Any advances on Vertigo's capacity this time will not come from the field, at least not substantially, but from more seated capacity.

That's TINY! What a cute little baby stadium!

So there we go, as quickly as it came, Winnipeg's off the rumours list and confirmed.

:lol:

Well, until U2 is the in-house lounge act on the bar car of my private train...yes, still too huge a venue. :D

Haha, I think I can handle a venue that size. :wink:

Honest to pete, you really have to wonder about the brain trusts running that place.

I'm half tempted to send them a resume and suggest they hire an editor and/or fact-checker. And hey, why not me? :wink:

Honest to pete, you really have to wonder about the brain trusts running that place.

I'm half tempted to send them a resume and suggest they hire an editor and/or fact-checker. And hey, why not me? :wink:

:up: Probably they're so used to announcing one new date a week. Wouldn't be surprised if more dates popped up this quickly.

To be fair, even using all of your fingers and toes, it can get confusing keeping track of whether it is 23 or 24.

:D

Confirmed...Winnipeg......May 29th....my birthday.....

Wish I could go to this.

I just went to my account info page....and there is now an extra presale code. Anyone else have this?

Confirmed...Winnipeg......May 29th....my birthday.....

Wish I could go to this.

I just went to my account info page....and there is now an extra presale code. Anyone else have this?

Wow, you have to go!

I noticed a new code the other night, even though I haven't resubscribed yet. A few others have, too. Fairly sure it's a mistake. I just wish I'd seen it in time for Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom