US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘My Work Here Is Done,’ Smiles Contented Bannon Before Bursting Into Millions Of Spores - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

WASHINGTON—His skin already starting to bubble, newly dismissed White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon reportedly smiled and said “My work here is done” on Friday before bursting into millions of spores. “Now that I’ve accomplished everything I set out to do, it’s time for me to go,” said a contented Bannon moments before exploding into a cloud of millions of tiny black particles that swirled out the Oval Office window. “Just know that, if ever you need me, call my name into the wind and I will appear. Goodbye, my friends! Goodbye!” At press time, any White House staffers that had inhaled the Bannon spores were dying in agony as the spores began sprouting in their brains.

We have a chance of rain here on Monday. I hope if we get any, it holds off until after the eclipse, 'cause I wanna see this thing!
. Oh so I'm not the only one staring at the sun, ready to go blind?

I'm it Nashville we should have clear weather we have approved glasses and are ready.

Pence

That's always been the kick in the balls. With Trump, you get unchecked id with crazy ego in a shitball of raciststupidhomophobicsexism

With Pence, you get all that, plus Jebus, in a more controlled format.

Either way, we lose. But with Pence, it isn't as visceral.

Please do not equate the draconian social policies and faux nice-guyism of M. Pence with Jesus Christ. You don't even need to be a believer to make that distinction.

. Oh so I'm not the only one staring at the sun, ready to go blind?

I'm it Nashville we should have clear weather we have approved glasses and are ready.

LOL, nicely put :D. Yeah, they're promoting the hell out of this on TV and whatnot, so I imagine there's going to be quite a few observers out there.

Sounds like a good setup! Don't have any glasses, though, may need to look into that just in case.

LOL, nicely put :D. Yeah, they're promoting the hell out of this on TV and whatnot, so I imagine there's going to be quite a few observers out there.

Sounds like a good setup! Don't have any glasses, though, may need to look into that just in case.

Yep I'm bringing my small 80mm scope (for the eclipse and my medium 6" one for some night viewing) I'de love to bring the big boy (10" Schmidt cassegrain telescope) but that one will take half my car space lol) here is my set up for the eclipse! I'm super stoked!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 25
Bannon, his allies and the site's staffers have not been subtle about what is likely to happen now.

Joel Pollak, a senior editor-at-large at Breitbart,tweeted"#WAR," a reference to the site's early days and the mission statement of its founder, Andrew Breitbart.

If Breitbart goes all in on bringing down Trump? Poof, there goes the base.

I'd rather have the orange ugly now than a Bannon base uniting under an actual white nationalist.

Let's be honest. Trump is many disgusting things, but white nationalist... I'm pretty sure Trump is blind to anything that doesn't have money or his name on it.

I hope Bannon fades into obscurity and has nothing to do with Mueller taking Trump down.

If Breitbart goes all in on bringing down Trump? Poof, there goes the base.

don't get your hopes up - it could go the other way :crack:

Ben Shapiro, a conservative commentator and former Breitbart editor, wrote on Twitter that he expected Breitbart’s coverage to remain positive toward Trump with Bannon back in charge, but to take aim at Bannon’s enemies, producing coverage that is “more negative overall”.

“Bannon will pose as the ‘conscience of the base,’” Shapiro wrote. “He’ll paint Trump as the innocent surrounded by the swamp ... Breitbart just won’t be nearly as much of a cheerleading site.”

“I’ve got my hands back on my weapons,” the former White House chief strategist, who returned as executive chairman of Breitbart News late Friday afternoon, told the Weekly Standard. “I built a f***ing machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/18/steve-bannon-returns-breitbart-donald-trump

the man is weaponized hate :angry:

Last edited:
Remember this dude was in the national security council. He was privy to A LOT of secrets and overall information.

If he goes after anyone, it's the "establishment" types in the administration and most likely he'll attack Mueller and his investigation

He need Trump to keep power for his base to continue their agenda

IMG_6202.JPGIMG_6201.JPG

I know it's just Twitter but... there's some clues that folks like Ivanka Trump should stop getting this whole "social justice warrior who evokes dad's humanity."

Bullshit. She's a scumbag just like him.

Ha, missed the reference at first, JTN.

Moonlit awww, I hope the weather will stay clear for you!

Seemingly there hasn't been a total eclipse that has covered such a big swatch of the USA in around a hundred years! There's been one that went over mostly the Southeastern States, and another over the Northwestern States , and a few that covered even less area.

Here in the NYC area we're getting a 71.3% coverage which hasn't happened since 1918! Which means this will be the biggest partial eclipse I've seen yet. This'll been #4 for me, I think. Done the pinhole box and paper stuff.

They say we'll get a twilight looking sky at our max (course, there's early, middle and late twilight ). It should be something interesting. Seen I'll be in a park might hear the birds stop singing in confusion.

And WAAZ, cool stuff! :hyper:
I plan to take a northwestern and a southerneastern photo of the sky (sans sun, since I don't have a filter) I guess every half hour. And then more during the nearer time of most coverage.

Last edited:
It annoys me, because "fa" isn't the syllable. It ought to be "antifash". But at that point why even bother with an abbreviation?

It sounds like a middle aged Egyptian auntie. Taunt Atifa.

Or maybe Queen LAtifa.

Either way, it's not creative, original, logical, or cute.

Though maybe the fact that is sounds foreign is what they're after, to piss off the alt right in some trolljob trump card. In which case, they deserve the really, really stupid moniker that the folks are using on the right; the "alt left."

This whole thing just makes me cringe. Nazis running about, the KKK... I don't mean to belittle the problem, but really? Fucking really? It is (and has been) one big fucking pep rally of two rival sports teams. Nobody realizes how fucking stupid they look.

Though maybe the fact that is sounds foreign is what they're after, to piss off the alt right in some trolljob trump card. In which case, they deserve the really, really stupid moniker that the folks are using on the right; the "alt left."

You do realise antifa movements have a long history in Europe and date back to early 1930s Germany, yeah?

You do realise antifa movements have a long history in Europe and date back to early 1930s Germany, yeah?

was about to say the same

i like the name - it also works in different languages (it's the same in French)

The name "antifa" makes me cringe sooooo much.

This past week was honestly the first time I'd even heard of such a movement existing here in the States. The right's trying to make it seem like the left's been looking the other way on this antifa group for some time now...a lot of us haven't even heard of these people until now. Yeah, we're familiar with the violence that some on the left have been committing lately, but I, and I imagine some others on the left as well, don't recall hearing it being attributed to antifa movements before now. If it was, we apparently must've missed it.

Yes, reread the end of my post. I'm criticizing a bunch of loons on the right for backing something they don't understand (they're awful people, but they're hardly nazis in ideology if you compare the two).

Then you have this group calling themselves antifa, as though fascism is what they're fighting. They're fighting racism. Not fascism. Just as these folks are trying to take the namesake of nazis when they're not. I'm a bit tired, so I might not be explaining this in the best of manners, but basically what I'm saying is they're both two groups or collectives of groups who bought up a branding they don't understand and fail to meet.

This past week was honestly the first time I'd even heard of such a movement existing here in the States. The right's trying to make it seem like the left's been looking the other way on this antifa group for some time now...a lot of us haven't even heard of these people until now. Yeah, we're familiar with the violence that some on the left have been committing lately, but I, and I imagine some others on the left as well, don't recall hearing it being attributed to antifa movements before now. If it was, we apparently must've missed it.

I'm not criticizing what they're doing. I'm criticizing their branding.

I have to say that I hate the name 'antifa' and rather have people not use it. Don't know who came up with it, but it sounds like something those on the (extreme) right did to obscure the movement's goal and have something to rally against. I mean, ask a random person what is worse, alt-right or antifa, and you might get some surprising answers. So just call them as they've always been called, anti-fascists.

I have to say that I hate the name 'antifa' and rather have people not use it. Don't know who came up with it, but it sounds like something those on the (extreme) right did to obscure the movement's goal and have something to rally against. I mean, ask a random person what is worse, alt-right or antifa, and you might get some surprising answers. So just call them as they've always been called, anti-fascists.

If you don't know anything, it sounds Arabic. Which is going to become a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom