Trump General Discussion - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #961
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Outside of his thank you notes to the Klan, Aryan Nation, and the elderly; Trump will be sending some out to all those that stayed home and Gary Johnson.


This isn't rocket science. He brought out his white nationalist allies, and there was low voter turn out. And Johnson threw in a small wrench, he'd cry but he's too stoned.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #962
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,155
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskin View Post
What if the EC votes per state were awarded proportionally, like many of the Democratic primaries? Keep the number of votes per state unchanged.

Haven't done the math yet, but as Hillary overwhelmingly won the big blue states, made big inroads in some red states such as Texas and Arizona, and barely lost swing states, she'd probably come out on top. With the will of individual people in every state accounted for.
This is absolutely how it should be. If New York state foes 80/20 blue, then 20% of the electorate should go for the Republican candidate, and so on and so on and so on.

It would encourage more people to vote and eliminate the silliness of placing so much stock in just a handful of states.

It'll make driving the vote count in every state important, and will more accurately reflect the will of the people and match the popular vote, without putting too much stock into just saying in the major population centers.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #963
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This is absolutely how it should be. If New York state foes 80/20 blue, then 20% of the electorate should go for the Republican candidate, and so on and so on and so on.

It would encourage more people to vote and eliminate the silliness of placing so much stock in just a handful of states.

It'll make driving the vote count in every state important, and will more accurately reflect the will of the people and match the popular vote, without putting too much stock into just saying in the major population centers.
Would that fix the vote power issue, though? There's still an issue there, to me, that not all votes are equal. I can't think right now if that would address it or not.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #964
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,492
Local Time: 07:48 PM
I like the idea, primarily because I detest the concept that "winning" a state by 1 vote and 5 million votes has the same value.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #965
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Trump Gladiator. Another funny clip.

American Gladiator


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #966
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Divide the number of electoral votes each state has into its population. One will be surprised at the variances.
deep is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #967
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
ha, ha, I got to laugh



not WE missed something



I posted that all season the polls were over-estimating Hillary voters and under-estimating Trumps voters in all the primary votes, and based on that and all the states that had her only up 1-2 points, he should win those states



that post was labeled, a troll

This map shows the big sea change from Romney to Trump. The Rust Belt was the big surge in support.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479428207.431440.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	10989


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #968
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I like the idea, primarily because I detest the concept that "winning" a state by 1 vote and 5 million votes has the same value.

I like that I've suggested it three times now and now someone else suggests it and y'all are talking about it 😡
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #969
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This map shows the big sea change from Romney to Trump. The Rust Belt was the big surge in support.

Attachment 10989


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What was the voter turn out in 2012 compared to this year?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #970
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,155
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
ha, ha, I got to laugh

not WE missed something

I posted that all season the polls were over-estimating Hillary voters and under-estimating Trumps voters in all the primary votes, and based on that and all the states that had her only up 1-2 points, he should win those states

that post was labeled, a troll
I don't think it was the post...
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #971
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 07:48 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...own-from-2012/
deep is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #972
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,492
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I like that I've suggested it three times now and now someone else suggests it and y'all are talking about it 😡
You're just ahead of your time, that's all
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #973
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,492
Local Time: 07:48 PM
I figured that initial count would rise substantially.

A whole lot of Clinton votes have rolled in since then.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This map shows the big sea change from Romney to Trump. The Rust Belt was the big surge in support.
Yes, that's pretty obvious.

When are their factories coming back? Every single day from inauguration day on, this question should be asked. Maybe twice on Sundays for good measure.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #975
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
What was the voter turn out in 2012 compared to this year?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Not sure. Luzerne County, PA (Wilkes-Barre) near where I live went +5 Obama to +19 Trump.

I would imagine the turnout was higher in many of these areas, where Trump's message resonated.
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #976
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
You're just ahead of your time, that's all

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #977
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Would that fix the vote power issue, though? There's still an issue there, to me, that not all votes are equal. I can't think right now if that would address it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Divide the number of electoral votes each state has into its population. One will be surprised at the variances.


Wyoming population 586,107 divide 3 EC votes = 195,369 people per EC vote

California population 39,144818 divide 55 EC votes = 711,724 people per EC vote


ok, so Wyoming voters only have 3.64 times the value of a CA voter


the smaller the state population, the move value votes are in the EC.
deep is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #978
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 07:48 PM
seriously it is not all that unlikely that one could get 5-6 million more votes and still lose in the EC



also, don't think the GOP can't win national popular votes, GOP never goes hard and heavy in CA or NY.
deep is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #979
Refugee
 
monkeyskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,638
Local Time: 03:48 AM
So I distributed the results proportionally. Where rounding gave a variance, I either added 1 to the victor to round up or deducted 1 from the loser to round down:

Hillary 266 (259 + 7 in rounding)
Donnie 262 (254 + 8 in rounding)
Gary 8 (10 - 2 in rounding)
Jill 1
Evan 1

Aligns with the popular vote with no majority. When this happens in countries like the UK or Australia they're forced to sway independents or form coalition governments to rule. Gary could swing it for either Hillary or Donnie in this example.
monkeyskin is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #980
Refugee
 
monkeyskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,638
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
seriously it is not all that unlikely that one could get 5-6 million more votes and still lose in the EC







also, don't think the GOP can't win national popular votes, GOP never goes hard and heavy in CA or NY.

But would they try harder if the EC votes weren't all lost causes? Maybe Hillary would have stopped by Wisconsin at least once too.
__________________

monkeyskin is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×