The Official Grammy Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2exit has a video of "Sometimes...", however, as they admit the sound quality is less than desirable.

While I thank Gorman for his mp3's, does anyone have video of all the U2 sections (i.e., the performance, acceptance speech and "Across the Universe")? Along those lines, anyone have a video or mp3 of Melissa Etheridge's performance. I was unable to watch the Grammy's last night and stupidly forgot to record them. :mad: Thanks in advance for your help! :wave:

The hat looked better than the Dismantle... promo shots last night, I thought. Surprisingly good, even.

I was hoping against hope that it wasn't true, God bless Edge and his family and give them strength

I enjoyed their performance, I agree that they seemed drowned out in the beginning and Bono was seemingly "shouting" over it.

I can do video tonight when and after it's shown on ITV2 here in the UK at 9pm :wink:

If you want the videos that are on my site now I suggest you grab them before then because I will probably take them down, along with the Musicares Night and Day m p 3

http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/

I will use wmv on my site but could torrent a VCD mpg too :up:

doctorwho said:
U2exit has a video of "Sometimes...", however, as they admit the sound quality is less than desirable.

While I thank Gorman for his mp3's, does anyone have video of all the U2 sections (i.e., the performance, acceptance speech and "Across the Universe")?
http://www.cbs.com/specials/47grammys/

^ Has a link to a video of the Across the Universe performance

Axver said:

Seems to me that this place is just one big fucking negativity fest. "Waaa, U2 have sucked since Pop!" "U2 stole $40 from me!" "Larry's a wanker!" "U2 sucked at the Grammy's!" "Stop whining about U2!" "Stop whining about the whining!"

Forget fans enjoying discussing their common interest ...

I love how you can whine and moan all you want about U2 here (oops I mean U2 after 2000), but as soon as someone wants you to lay off the complaining because they'd like to *gasp* read something nice about U2 on a U2 fan forum, no way! Nope, can't have that.

Nice double standards and so much about allowing other views.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why it's objective to call a performance poor, but non-objective to call a performance good?

I could have sworn in all of my schooling that an objective opinion works both ways...

I really think the intro makes the song with Bonos story about his father this was the best performance of this track yet easy.

Hey Yahweh...

Can I do the "in yo face foo'" dance now?

Told you to wait and see about the awards, but nope, you wouldn't listen to me :madspit:

Heee! I love being right.

In
yo
face!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

I just didnt think they would win all 3 but i was pleasently surprised when they did!

I had no concerns about how well theyde be able to perform and they didnt disappoint there either!

Bring on next year!

:dancing:

Still doing the dance...

:wink:

I am seriously still warm and fuzzy from the speech... :drool:

Wow, I just got home from work. 3 for 3. I would never have thunk it. I guess Grammy voters really do like U2. I love watching Bono perform SYCMIOYO. When he goes for that huge note near the end, I feel like I am watching an athlete perform a routine and hoping he nails it. Congrats on the awards but it didn't matter if they won or not to me anyway.

I taped the whole thing so now I HAVE to watch to see them win their awards, this sucks. :wink:

Danospano said:
Yeah, U2 won 3/3 awards, but while it was a great song, I couldn't help but feel like anyone else deserved it this year. In years past, I've chringed when a vetern band wins just because they're a safe, conventional choice, and this year I fear U2 became the band I used to hate. The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, and Green Day for christ's sake were just as good, if not better than U2 this year, yet I feel U2 won because nobody knows if the others will be around in a few years.

The performance of "Sometimes..." was really weak. As

I disagree - strongly - on both accounts.

"Sometimes..." was a brilliant performance. Vocally it was magnificent and the background white lighting made it an extremely elegant performance.

As for the awards (Best Rock Song/Performance), I've heard all those other songs nominated. "American Idiot" has a great theme, but sounds just like any other Green Day song. The other songs are catchy - I like both Franz and Killers - but I wouldn't call them Grammy worthy. Hit worthy? Definitely - but award worthy? No. In other words, I honestly do feel "Vertigo" deserves the award. However, I just didn't think U2 would get it, so I'm as surprised as they are.

Last edited:
I too wasn't completely bowled over by their performance, but I still got excited-- I noted :bono:'s voice wasn't as strong in the beginning and I didn't catch all that he said at the very end. But he still looked goooood :drool: (and anyway, JLo and her hubby-- Cheeeezzzzyyyy... JLo couldn't hit the notes like her hubby...)

I thought it was funny when :bono: said, "geez," in an annoyed way as Edge and Larry were chattering away behind him during the acceptance speech!

I was surprised by Larry's apology--just fab!

I thought Bono was the best performance through All Across the Universe, Norah kinda sucked, but even Steve Tyler did okay.

As for ovations, when Tim McGraw finished his song, I saw only his Wife standing for him!!

so does anyone know if theres a torrent out there which has either:
1) all of the grammy award show
2) grammy performances
3) u2's performance

(high quality, naturally)
i'd love to get my hand on all of the grammy performances, i thought they were excellent this year.. (well i don't think green day's performance was too special other than the chance that they could have set the whole stage on fire, but other than that...)

My sis was mad that U2's Vertigo beat American Idiot, and I told her that was because Green Day was unoriginal.She told me I was narrow-minded:shrug: While Vertigo is not my favorite new song by U2, I prefer it over any Green Day song.

And I think the performance of Sometimes was very nice. I'm glad they played it instead of Vertigo.

i hope this isn't violating any rules, but i believe easytree now has u2's grammy performance and acceptance speech

oh and by the way, every single article i've read today stated that j'lo and marc sucked and had an empty performance, but u2's performance was emotional and moving

Last edited:
bw in dc said:
Can someone please explain to me why it's objective to call a performance poor, but non-objective to call a performance good?

I could have sworn in all of my schooling that an objective opinion works both ways...

It's only truely objective if you call a performance mediocre. :wink:

I stand by what I said too it was as good as I have seen the song played live.

Back
Top Bottom