The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Memo to Tom Coughlin: if you're going to run the hook-and-lateral at the end of the game, run it to the *sidelines*, not back to the middle of the field.

that was terrible... just like i think mike martz called in the end around when the vikings had the lead and just needed to run out the clock, i think he called in the last play of the game for the giants, too. how friggin stupid.

it's like in a basketball game when the team is down 3 with 4 seconds to go and some moron takes a layup... who friggin cares.

they need to throw the ball down the field on that... if there was nothing quick to the sideline, it needs to be to the endzone.

Thoughts for the day:

Vikes may be better without Culpepper?

Bears' uniforms UGLY, gross and weird. When did that happen? Bad look! :crazy: Sorry to see how far SF has fallen since Eddie lost the team to his sister:sad:

Colts follow pattern of get ahead, almost let the other team back in, then put it away. This happens in most games regardless of caliber or record of opponent. As long as they keep winning I don't care!

Redskin game was very intense and exciting, I agree with Gibbs that last TB TD was not in.

Damn you Frerotte, if only you had one more down!

Cardinals seriously need to change their uniforms! They always looked like fifth grader uniforms, but there are no cardinals in Arizona! Get a black or dark blue outfit and rename them the Rattlers or the Cacti or something and watch their performance level pick up!

U2Kitten said:
Thoughts for the day:

Vikes may be better without Culpepper?
Statistically the Vikings were awful, they won because they were the first team in NFL history to return a kickoff, punt and INT for TD in one game, that accounted for 21 of their 24 points...Brad Johnson did not play a significant part in this win, with Culpepper they would have blown the Giants out.

Damn you Frerotte, if only you had one more down!
He'd have still thrown an incompletionand lost. He had 4 shots goal to go 2 weeks in a row to tie the game and failed, he stinks.

Cardinals seriously need to change their uniforms! They always looked like fifth grader uniforms, but there are no cardinals in Arizona! Get a black or dark blue outfit and rename them the Rattlers or the Cacti or something and watch their performance level pick up!
They need an NFL QB to win, not a new name and uniforms. Their performance has nothing to do with what they're wearing, it has to do with a lack of talent and mediocre coaching.

Hewson said:
he stinks.[?QUOTE]

Actually I was surprised he even still had a career. I don't like him and he does stink, I just wanted the Pats to lose. But I don't like Miami either, never did.

They need an NFL QB to win, not a new name and uniforms. Their performance has nothing to do with what they're wearing, it has to do with a lack of talent and mediocre coaching.

That is true, but changing the uniform does sometimes change the attitude of the team, like the 1981 Bengals. And it's still dumb to have Cardinals in the desert.

phanan said:

And Alstott was not in.

Nope. Gibbs is very experienced, and a calm man, but he knew this and got upset with the call. He didn't throw a fit, but you could see the disgust on his face and in his hand motions.

Hewson said:
Statistically the Vikings were awful, they won because they were the first team in NFL history to return a kickoff, punt and INT for TD in one game, that accounted for 21 of their 24 points...Brad Johnson did not play a significant part in this win, with Culpepper they would have blown the Giants out.

the way culpepper was playing before he got injured? game probably would have gone the exact same way it did sunday... i actually might have given the giants a better shot, because culpepper had been a turnover waiting to happen.

sunday was the deffinition of the "trap" game. big home game the next week agains the eagles... the team that everyone's talking about... a game against a bad team without their starting quarterback.

only +'s i can take from it is that the giants defense played great once again... they dominated the vikings.

argh... i'm still pissed about this game. angry headache hath returned.

McNabb just threw an INT for a TD and got his clock cleaned on the return. You happy now?

U2Kitten said:

Nope. Gibbs is very experienced, and a calm man, but he knew this and got upset with the call. He didn't throw a fit, but you could see the disgust on his face and in his hand motions.

:angry: Redskins seem to screw themselves with penalties and turnovers

The Patriots have announced a few additions to their staff today:

Benjamin Franklin Peirce
John McIntyre
Charles Emerson Winchester III
Sherman Potter

That is all

Good stuff from the Bears this week. :happy:

So, Fred Miller has a broken jaw. The first story was that he did it at home. Later, we come to find out that it was Pro-Bowl center, Olin Krutz, who broke his jaw in 2 places. Both men say there was an arguement, apparently Miller started it, but all is fine now.

Then it was leaked that said fight actually took place at an FBI gun range where players were firing any number of weapons, including automatics. Oh yeah, there was drinking involved.

There's more to this story but as of right now no one is saying anything. Lovie Smith is not doing well with the media. Miller is playing this week after having surgery last week. Krutz claims not to have any injuries but the Sun Times reports that he needed :hmm: The FBI is conducting its own investigation.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bear16.html

And I'll be at the game on Sunday. :happy: Good times, good times.

U2NativeSon said:

:angry: Redskins seem to screw themselves with penalties and turnovers

Yeah talk about shooting yourself in the foot :( I like them, so I hope they stop it!

I know, I shouldn't have thrown that interception, and that one three out series when we could have put the game away was a goof. They seemed to be able to move on our defense. But what can you say, we stayed ahead the whole game, and we're 10-0. Not a bad day.

"Footloose"? Peyton, I'm surprised that Colts management hasn't banned you from speaking to the media for the rest of the season.

Yes, Footloose! The inspiring story of a boy who tries to change a hick town's backward views on teenage dancing. What's wrong with that? Sure, I'm a goober in real life, I also hang with Kenny Chesney. But as long as I perform on the field, what does it matter?

I also see that this thread has died down now that you naysayers against me are seeing that I am indeed for real, and we as a team are a valid contender, the strongest in the league.

Hewson said:
The Patriots have announced a few additions to their staff today:

Benjamin Franklin Peirce
John McIntyre
Charles Emerson Winchester III
Sherman Potter

That is all

Wait...Trapper and Colonel Potter in the same place? Something's fishy here. :hmm:

Although the way the secondary is holding up, it seems more like Frank Burns is the team's MD.

the colts have always been a valid contender... just one that never comes through in the big game... and while i do believe they'll win the super bowl this year, they still have to prove themselves in the playoffs to a lot of people, and rightfully so. when you're a perenial choker, like, say, the boston red sox... there will always be naysayers, no names mentioned :reject: , up until that point where you finally overcome and win the big one.

that said... at this point i've gotta think that they have an excellent chance at going undefeated... each and every time they've gone into a game where the "experts" say that they will finally lose, they've not only come through, they've pretty much controlled the game from start to finish.

I don't think the Colts will go undefeated. Granted, their offense is absolutely incredible, but now that they are hitting the harder part of their schedule, I think it's safe to say that their defense hasn't really improved as much as people were saying.

I think they'll beat Pittsburgh next week, but something tells me the Chargers, who will be fighting for their playoff lives, will beat them.

good win by the G-men yesterday... beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

they're now tied with dallas for the division lead... i'm sure the NFL is drooling about the december 4th game at the meadowlands... a Cowboys-Giants rivalry game that actually means something, with el tunda de grande roaming the sideliens... for Dallas? tagliabue is touching himself over the ratings potential.

let's take a look at the NFC East race... shall we?

First the Giants Schedule...
Sun 11/27 at Seattle 4:15 pm
Sun 12/4 Dallas 1:00 pm
Sun 12/11 at Philadelphia 4:05 pm
Sat 12/17 Kansas City 5:00 pm
Sat 12/24 at Washington 1:00 pm
Sat 12/31 at Oakland 8:00 pm

And now Dallas...
Thu 11/24 Denver 4:15 pm
Sun 12/4 at NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 12/11 Kansas City 4:15 pm
Sun 12/18 at Washington 1:00 pm
Sat 12/24 at Carolina 1:00 pm
Sun 1/1 St. Louis 8:30 pm

The Giants schedule is a tad easier IMO... but let's just assume both teams go 4-2 the rest of the way... the giants losing to seattle and kansas city, the cowboys losing to the giants and carolina. that would put both teams at 11-5.. first tie breaker is head to head, which would be split... second tie breaker would be in the division, which would be the same... third tie breaker is common games. giants record would be 9-2, cowboys 7-4... so the giants would win the division, but the cowboys would more likely than not make the playoffs regardless.

which would make the NFC Playoff picture look like this....

1. Seattle - BYE
2. Carolina - BYE
3. Chicago vs. 6. Dallas
4. Giants vs. 5. Tampa Bay

in all honesty, i could see any one of those 6 teams getting to Detroit... where they will be smacked by the Colts. i thought carolina was in the process of pulling away from the pack, but then they go and put up a stinker against daaa bears. so while these 6 teams have pretty much pulled away from the rest of the NFC, record wise... neither of them has pulled away from one another.

Last edited:
If by wacky you mean crappy I agee with you. Hell even Seattle sucks, they almost lost to the 49ers yesterday. The AFC is a much stronger conference this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom