Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started season one but it did not hold my interest
then i watched first 2 episodes of season 2, good stuff, I want to go back and finish season two.

I really enjoyed the first season, but can comfortably declare that season 2 was much better.

I don't watch many American shows but I've been watching The Big Bang Theory lately and I think it's absolutely hilarious. All due to Sheldon of course.

I've only seen the first two seasons and I've heard it gets worse after. Let's hope not.

That sounds illogical. You don't have to watch TV. I almost never do. I just downloaded the series.

a fan of the sag

Hmm.

old-lady-boobs.jpg

I'm very ready for this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_(U.S._TV_series)

I watched the original BBC series and its sequels. Good shit. I glanced at one review for the upcoming American version and it was strong.

Your link was broken.
Fixed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_(U.S._TV_series)

I don't care much for Kevin Spacey, although he is a good actor, I'm just put off by his seeming smugness. But Kate Mara is in it. The possibility of her being naked in it is at the very least worth a stab.

AV Club called The Americans premiere the "best drama pilot of the season".

And here I was all excited that American Horror Story ended, which meant that I now had only 2 shows on at the same time and didn't have to record the later reruns of Top Chef.

But now I want to watch this one, which means Top Chef is getting kicked to the back burner. Nashville and The Americans will take priority for now.

I spy a corianderstem in the AV Club New Girl comments

Btw I'm planning on getting in on the ground floor of "The Americans", everything's made it sound like a lot of fun.

I'm very ready for this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_(U.S._TV_series)

I watched the original BBC series and its sequels. Good shit. I glanced at one review for the upcoming American version and it was strong.

Ian Richardson and the series was great. it was just 4 hours.
This new one is two seasons, 26 episodes. It will be quite different. Usually I bitch about remakes, but this will bear little resemblance.
I don't have/ get netflix. I will have to buy a blu-ray player to watch this on my tv. I am considering it.

Ian Richardson and the series was great. it was just 4 hours.
This new one is two seasons, 26 episodes. It will be quite different. Usually I bitch about remakes, but this will bear little resemblance.
I don't have/ get netflix. I will have to buy a blu-ray player to watch this on my tv. I am considering it.

Actually, there are three series with Ian Richardson, all related....it's The House of Cards trilogy:

House of Cards
To Play the King
The Final Cut

About 600 minutes in all.

I did watch them all. Enjoyed them all. I am not that familiar with how the English government works. An American reworking will be easier for me to follow. But it still seems like a lot more hours. I heard a review on NPR. They said this will launch Netflix, just like the Sopranos did for HBO, or The Shield for FX or Madmen for AMC. High praise.

The Americans

quality stuff. Here's next week's credits

The Americans - Opening Credits - YouTube

I think I like Homeland's better.

I love how many angles of nationalism, marriage, family, and community the show has set up crashing against one another. There might be some element of nationalism in my hoping that America will win over Kerri Russell, but that would crash the series. What I think will happen is that they get pawned by both sides and end up as pseudo-free agents between the two poles.

It's not a real crime to have Noah Emmerich (the neighbor, and Truman's friend from The Truman Show) follow the Hank Schraeder path. Breaking Bad occasionally turned Hank and the DEA into a bit of a buffoon, and hopefully the closing scene with breaking into their garage indicates that the FBI is always going to be lurking an inch behind if either of The Americans slip up.

I watched the first half of "The Americans" and I'll finish it later on OnDemand. It's interesting and it does have me wondering about a lot. Like, how can two spies be so dedicated to their government that they'll be willing to deceive their own children? I do want to see how this whole show develops.

I'm addicted to The Americans already. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell are perfect.

And "In The Air Tonight" was one hot scene.

I liked The Americans.

I missed the last 10 minutes or so due to either the signal or my DVR totally going wacky and freaking out, nothing but digital noise I couldn't fast-forward through. So I had to download it to watch the last bits.

The Americans is ok, for network, well cable tv

Banshee_Sn1_0113_1.jpg

The new Alan Ball produced series on Cinemax called Banshee is very good. Already got picked up for a second season.
I will cautiously say it is a little like Justified, but amped up a bit because it is on premium cable. Nudity :up: and a little moe violence.

they have a Bond girl, Ivana Milicevic, in the cast that can act with or without clothes on.
valenka2.jpg

Dude, I've never bought any DVD versions of that show at all because I've seen every episode literally a dozen times and it's always on TV...but recently I discovered a treasure trove of behind the scenes material on YouTube.

Just the cast and Larry David and some of the writers and producers being interviewed about their memories of specific episodes and little tidbits about the creative process, etc.

Really great stuff. I don't know if you've seen any of it. Jason Alexander, in a number of the clips, talks about how he was disappointed with some of the later season plotlines...and Michael Richards just seems completely weird and listless. Great stuff, though. Just type in "Seinfeld behind the scenes" on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom