ICDE v.3.0: Three Continents, Two Predecessors, and a Moderator in a Pear Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i liked the first one despite getting screwed out of one of my cd's. fortunately april came through like a champ and sent me a couple to make up for it. i would consider this one since i didn't take part in icde v.2.0.

It's something I'd think about.

The only thing with me is that I really don't like mixed CDs very much. I like conceptual music, and I like to hear a CD in its entirety. When I mix stuff from different artists, I find it manic and like the individual songs lose a little something when they're taken out of their original context. It's just a personal thing, though.

Thanks for the encouraging responses so far. :)

Does anyone have any ideas for how ICDE v.3.0 should work? Which setup did everyone prefer: the first, "random" ICDE, or the second, more "focused" ICDE? Does anyone have a third way which we might attempt for 3.0?

Thanks again, as usual.

I liked both... I've thought about it more, and I think I'd like to do the random mixes this time. Maybe the next exchange could be the "focused" mixes? :shrug: I'll do whatever though, because I liked both, like I said before :)

or you can make a mix or random stuff but still get it to fight nicely together

i'm not sure if i'll partake in this one (i honestly am not even sure what i'd include on this mix!), i'd at least love to help out behind the scenes. you know, making matches and stuff, keeping track of who receives their mixes (and the right number as well). i have too much free time on my hands, at least it'd be something that would fill it! :wave:

It seems like last time with everyone offering what they were willing to give and then listing what they would like worked well, yeah? From everyone who had participated before, was this the best way? Is there another option anyone would like to suggest?
We could get this sorted out in the next couple of weeks and have it all finalised by November some time, or early Dec for Christmas if time is an issue for those with school/work/misc other commitments.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm not sure if i'll partake in this one (i honestly am not even sure what i'd include on this mix!), i'd at least love to help out behind the scenes. you know, making matches and stuff, keeping track of who receives their mixes (and the right number as well). i have too much free time on my hands, at least it'd be something that would fill it! :wave:

You can always send me a disc with '80s music. :wink: I love the mixes you made so far for others (judging by the tracklistings that is).

As for which format, I really have no preference. If possible, I will be making a various artists mix anyway. And my random mixes always have a theme, so there's no difference to me.

As long as I can make (and receive) some great mixes, I'll be happy. :hyper:

C ya!

Marty

To keep things a little simpler for both the participants and the organizers, I'm going to propose that we go with straightforward "random" mixes, as in the first ICDE. Then we can go back to the more focused exchange next time (hopefully when I can hand it off to someone else! :lmao: ).

Okay with everybody?

paxetaurora said:
To keep things a little simpler for both the participants and the organizers, I'm going to propose that we go with straightforward "random" mixes, as in the first ICDE. Then we can go back to the more focused exchange next time (hopefully when I can hand it off to someone else! :lmao: ).

Okay with everybody?

yeah mofo does speak for me

i need a definition of a straightforward random mix. basically stuff i think someone might like all put together, not like 'ok so and so wants this kind of music'..just stuff?

Yep, for ease of organisation IWB, a compilation you would love to get yourself. Your personal best of the best etc. If you know the person who you are sending a cd to, you might already have a good idea of what kind of thing they would like anyway.

Angela Harlem said:
Yep, for ease of organisation IWB, a compilation you would love to get yourself. Your personal best of the best etc. If you know the person who you are sending a cd to, you might already have a good idea of what kind of thing they would like anyway.

sounds excellent. or even in mofo's words, sexcellent.

Meegannie, Popmartijn, HeadsonSticks, Bonochick, joyfulgirl, and Mirrorball Girl ALL made me kickass CDs.

:) :) :)

(Just felt the need for a shoutout.)

:D

Glad you (still?) like them. BTW, your Pax Interland Mix, Volume 1 is excellent too! :up: (as are Elevatedmole'd, Oliveu2cm's, Flaming Friar Sr.'s and arw9797's :up: )

Oh, and I had been thinking of some themes to go with my new mix (so far I had Short Songs, Instrumental, Live and Non-English), but last night I decided I might go for just a random (personal) mix. There are so many great tracks that don't fit the themes, but which I haven't used yet.

:hyper:

Marty

yes i need to give shoutouts to angel, marty and pax for their lovely work.

although no band in the world ought to be named bettie, eh? :wink:

i have an idea - why not we send a mix back to people who've sent us mixes before? of course this will need quite a bit of sorting out, but it could be like the 'thank you' edition. just a thought.

Does anyone have this same fear that the music you put on will be deemed crap by the receiver? I am worrying. What if no one likes what I send?
:scream:

And the folks here would prolly be too polite to say so...
:crazy:

On the other hand...74 minutes to squeeze on the finest examples of what I love...
:crack:

This is simultaneously rather exciting and daunting.

hey angie, will "throw your arms around me" by Hunters and Collectors be on there?

cause if it is you'll have nothing to worry about

:up:

Angela Harlem said:
Does anyone have this same fear that the music you put on will be deemed crap by the receiver? I am worrying. What if no one likes what I send?
:scream:

And the folks here would prolly be too polite to say so...
:crazy:

On the other hand...74 minutes to squeeze on the finest examples of what I love...
:crack:

This is simultaneously rather exciting and daunting.

:hmm:
It looks like you haven't participated before, have you? :p
Because if you did you know there's nothing to worry about. :)
Don't underestimate the taste of the receivers. There's so much great music out there. From Neil Diamond to the Manic Street Preachers, from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Ryan Adams and from the Supreme Beings Of Leisure to The Hives. :dance:

So get excited and say you're in! :hyper:

C ya!

Marty

yeah i worry about that too. it seems that everyone here is into a wide variety of music anyway. worse comes to worse, you send someone a cd of stuff they don't necessarily like initially, but they maybe understand why YOU like it, give it a few more listens, and it grows on them

that was me looking on the bright side (or 'this one's optimistic' ;) )

Back
Top Bottom