Describe... When fact is fiction and T.V. is reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:

I use a few(just 3, not many at all) alters to vote sometimes(never to post), and I don't take it too seriously. I only use them towards the end of a round when two songs or within 3 or less votes of each other, in order to push one over the edge. If the leader is 20 votes ahead, I don't even use them.

I guess voting 2 or 3 times could be small enough to be dismissed but.. the margin that Promenade was leading DYFL by was HUGE!!! I just simply cannot fathom how DYFL raced it! Somebody gang voted obviously! :tsk:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:flirt:

Tear my shirt, Yeah, you can tear it off me, tear it off if you can tie me down...

One of my favorite songs too... :combust:

No...not creepy. I think that if you look at the tone with which he sings it, and the lyrics...and *kinda* between the lines, it's a song filled with anger, bitterness and aggression. :shrug:

And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

What about that?

And this - You know these boots don't want to stray

Don't *want* to...doesn't mean they didn't.

And it looks like the sun
But it feels like the rain

Looks like warmth and nurturing...but feels very different. Cold and uncomfortable.

I dunno. I could be wrong. That's just what I get from it. :shrug:

And there's heat in the sun
To see us through the rain

So sex sees them through the times of strife? Sex is all that's holding them together when it gets bad?

Besides, my interpretation fits with my theories. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

So sex sees them through the times of strife?

Some may argue that point. :lol:

I can't actually articulate what I'm thinking (damned physics)
But the "with my tongue to tell the sweetest lies" makes me think of the Fly.

Which I realize that seems to make no sense.

And yes, all your points are very much valid, and I agree with them . :angry:

:reject: I don't mean to destroy everyone's enjoyment of the song, it's just always struck me as being really bitter. A couple in trouble. :lol:

Zootle, I listened to In God's Country last night. :drool: The whole JT album...it's like it takes me to another place. :)

~BrightestStar~ said:

Some may argue that point. :lol:

I can't actually articulate what I'm thinking (damned physics)
But the "with my tongue to tell the sweetest lies" makes me think of the Fly.

Which I realize that seems to make no sense.

And yes, all your points are very much valid, and I agree with them . :angry:

Yeah, I think I might know who you're talking about. :shifty: :lol:

Makes sense. :up:

Sometimes I think that the Joshua Tree is the greatest thing ever made :love: ........ and then I get reminded of Achtung Baby :combust:

Zootlesque said:
Sometimes I think that the Joshua Tree is the greatest thing ever made :love: ........ and then I get reminded of Achtung Baby :combust:

I seriously can't make up my mind. AB is definitely my favourite, probably for sentimental reasons. But I love almost everything they've ever done. That's what I love about them, there's something to suit every mood of mine. And it's like, every time I listen to a cd I haven't listened to in a while, I fall in love all over again. :love: :drool:

The only cd I haven't listened to that much is October, so I haven't really attached to that one yet, but I'm going to get into that one soon. :)

~BrightestStar~ said:

You always seem to get what I'm failing miserably to say :love:

I think many songs of Pop have a lot of bitterness/agression/etc underneath.
*could be my captain obvious statment of the day* :wink:

AB :combust:

Definitely. :yes: The 90's were troubled, conflicted times. :sexywink: And I miss the darkness of those lyrics. However, when I put in something more positive (mostly), like Bomb, I love that too.

A more simple lyric construction, but still very appealing to me. It's different, but still very good, IMO.

I blame whichever Gallagher brother is responsible for writing Oasis lyrics, for Bono's new approach to simplicity in lyrics. I read a RS interview in the past year where Bono went on and on, praising the simpler, minimalist approach to lyricism, and writing good "pop" songs.

:sigh:

I think he still has it in him, though. I'm hopeful for the next album. :hyper:

^^ I guess that comes from the Beatles, my other favorite band... but simplicity doesn't suit Bono & U2 in my opinion... go back to the complexity of Promenade, The Unforgettable Fire, Until The End Of The World and Wake Up Dead Man :heart:

^ Okay, in that case.. fuck U2

let's rediscover the night ourselves. :sexywink:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom