RRHoF Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:
I found the qoute on the amazing u2 take me higher:D

From the book BONO IN HIS OWN WORDS:
"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the tour when we had
a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed.
Someone had sent the gun license into the U2 offices and they thought
he had gotten into the venue. All of a sudden there were all these
people on the stage which I really objected to. I never thought that
sort of thing would bother me and, when I went out, it didn't. I
just laughed it off, like The Blues Brothers - 'We're on a mission
from God and we ain't finished yet.' The second night came up and
the cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said
they'd made a mistake, He was coming tonight!

"Now we get all kinds of racist jibes because we wrote a song for
Martin Luther King, or pinko jibes because we did the Amnesty
International Tour. Wherever you look we're a target for the loony
fringe. So the second night, we're on stage and I'm singing 'Pride'
thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.'
So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment
the thought of death crossed my mind.
When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me,
between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment."

Thanks so much Nurse Chrissi!!!!

:hug::adam::hug:

nurse chrissi said:
rrhfbonoedge.jpg
I like these. :D I Hope there will be more.

kellyahern said:
www.wireimage.combut you need a password to get the bigger size ones :( it's $10 a month to get access to pics taken in the last 30 days. I would post some, but I'm at work, and you have to crop your account information out of the photo (they put blue lines with that info at the top and bottom of each photo).
I asked because I was willing to help too, but I don't think I will pay the $10/month unless it’s really necessary.

Last edited:
I spent last night in the new house with no tv or computer yet :madspit: thanks everyone for the updates, reports and especiallly the pics! They look great! Bono is HOT :combust: and gorgeous :love: Love his hair, outfit and boots! :happy:

I hope I'll get to see their performance when it comes on. WTF Bruce, I don't get the connection, oh well at least they're in! :up:

I think WI has well over 400 from last night. That's a boatload!

And please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that while Bono looks good, his hair does not! I don't understand why he insists on coming it back from his forehead. It's very unflattering, imho. I know some of you like it, but is there anyone else who doesn't? ;)

I gotta agree with the sentiment expressed way back at the beginning of this thread...it is great to see Edge happy. It's great to see all of the guys happy. Seems like things are finally looking up for them, and as long as they're happy, I'm happy :) :hug: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:.

It is like Christmas here today, isn't it? Such a wealth of wonderful pictures. As for Bono's hair...the main thing I like it about it is that it's harkening back to his late 80s hairdo, and that's always a good thing for me :D. It is a bit different seeing his hair combed back that far, but I personally don't mind it. But hey, to each their own :).

Angela

mistyrose said:
I think WI has well over 400 from last night. That's a boatload!

And please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that while Bono looks good, his hair does not! I don't understand why he insists on coming it back from his forehead. It's very unflattering, imho. I know some of you like it, but is there anyone else who doesn't? ;)

I agree. Both Larry and Bono need to lay off the gel. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom