Caption Thread Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:laugh: I've been keeping up with these, and they are brilliant. It is definitely my fantasy for the group to see these and know how much all of you love them!

52a7ea28.jpg

:man: *achoo!* *sniffle* Ahem..so as I was saying...the prime objective.......blah blah

:bono: Omg....Is that what I think it is?!? It's huge!!!... Ewww! He got boogers on me!.....hey.... they kinda look like lemons......that's odd....I wonder if I can wipe my hand on his sleeve....

I love this thread. :love:
You girls are hilarious! :laugh:

PS. I thank Kelly for the pic.

Miringeltje said:
Reporter: Bono, Bono, we would really like to know what's your reaction on those captions Miringeltje is making?

Chair-Bono-LR.JPG

Bono: If she's ever in arms reach, I'm so gonna ^ her!!
Although on second thought, I think it might be better to get even with her by returning the favor. I'm gonna try and snap pictures of her and then I'm gonna caption them :evil::macdevil:

THATS GREAT! :lol:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3445852723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323996587943ot1lsi

:bono:: Oooo! Group photo! Look happy everyone!
:larry:: :censored: you, Bono. Beer stealer.
:adam:: Seriously, can I borrow a shirt?
:edge:: I ain't tipping that waitress anything. She never came around to even take our order!

:lmao::lmao:

I love this one and the one the was before it!!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
No, actually it's been too difficult to get into my computer room since Meghan's wonderful comments. It seems my head has swollen up so much I can't get past the door!

:lmao:

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
[Truth - I work Wed thru Sat so I usu don't post captions during those days! But I am incredibly flattered by the kind comments. They make my day, along with all the unbelievably funny captions that are posted here...you all inspire me to come up with mine. I have so much fun with these threads!]

Thanks for the explanation, LG! And I know what you mean, reading other captions definitely inspires to come up with more of your own.

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
Now our next task is to get the boys to see them!

That would be awesome!
And scary at the same time though.
How do we go about it?
Got any ideas?
Perhaps someone should save all captions in a document and then print it out in to a booklet.
Maybe we have to make a selection.
Like "the best of"....
Although that will be near impossible.
So many good ones.
Besides don't want to exclude anybody's affort.

I wonder though: do you think they would like them?
Probably not as much as we do!

Any predictions on which band member would like them the most?
And who would like them the least?

9ecb748a.jpg

:bono: See that airplane circling over the stadium? It's cargo space is loaded with beach balls and those will be dropped in the stadium any minute now! How f-ing cool is that! It's even more innovative than ZooTV. Unheard of, never been done before at any concert. Yes, of course it was all my idea. The others thought it would be a bit too much. But I said the audience is gonna f-ing love this sh*t! So throw your hands up in the air?!! Here we go!!!

Miringeltje said:
That would be awesome!
How do we go about it?
Got any ideas?
Perhaps someone should save all captions in a document and then print it out in to a booklet.
Maybe we have to make a selection.
Like "the best of"....
Although that will be near impossible.
So many good ones.
Besides don't want to exclude anybody's affort.

I wonder though: do you think they would like them?
Probably not as much as we do!

Any predictions on which band member would like them the most?
And who would like them the least?
There should be a poll on PLEBA or something to narrow down the top (insert appropriate number here), then someone prints them off and sends 'em direct to U2 HQ. I think I've heard that the band members get the letters that fans have put a lot of effort into, and I think these captions would be able to make it through.

As to whether they'd like them or not, I really don't know. I have a feeling the main reaction will be, "Oh my god, we're not at all like that -- these people are idiots!"
Followed closely by, "What's with all the beachballs?"

And I reckon Adam would like them the most, because in most of the captions, he comes off quite well. Larry would probably laugh the least. Don't know why, just a feeling.

Miringeltje said:
That would be awesome!
How do we go about it?
Got any ideas?
I've fantasized about printing them out and throwing the book onto the stage. But I've a feeling it'd get thrown out immediately.

Meghan said:
Larry would probably laugh the least. Don't know why, just a feeling.
Silly grrrrrl! Larry's incapable of laughing. It would mess up his hair!

captionneeded.jpg

:adam: ......and I got him stuck to the mike on 31/5, and, hehe, I stuck him to Larry's droomsticks on 2/6, and on the 3rd...... :lol:

:edge: That's pretty funny Adam, but there's no way that beats the beach balls.

:larry: What're they saying 'bout ma droomsticks? :eyebrow:

:bono: Thinking: At least Adam can't stick me to anything at a photo shoot. Hey wait, I can't move my fingers out of the peace sign! :censored: Adam. One of these days I'm gonna get that :censored:, and when I do...... :macdevil:

Can anyone tell me when did this beachball and superglue thing begin? Is it only imagination, especially the superglue thing, or did it really happen? I'm so really curious about it! Please! :reject:

And congrats for all of you, I fell down from my seat a few times when I was reading these captions!
:applaud:

^ Well, the superglue thing happened only here in PLEBAland. But the beach ball thing, as I understand it, comes from the Slane concert DVD, where Bono says, "Oh look Edge - a beachball!" I haven't actually seen it.

The original superglue joke came from the last caption thread we had:
Originally posted by chickadee
BA.jpg

Once again, Adam found the old tried & tested 'superglue' trick worked wonders after he bet Bono couldn't cover his entire face with his hand. Mwahaha.

And it hasn't died!

*takes a bow* I'm so proud that my immature joke about glue has proved so long-lasting and popular. But really it's all down to Adam.

Ooooookay, I just now had time to read through this entire thread.

Freakin'. Hilarious. So many good ones here.

A few of my favorites:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3444%3B57923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232397%3A77%3B743ot1lsi

:larry:: The opening act for the fall leg of our tour is Ashlee Simpson?

Bwahahahahaha... I love all the other captions that were made with this picture, too.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
3444%3B57923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232397%3B588479ot1lsi

Bono gets Adam at his own game.
:bono:: Revenge is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, glueboy! And it tastes sooooo good! <thinks> Wait a minute...

LMAO! All the superglue ones were pure gold :up:.

Meghan said:
elevation.png

After accidentally setting the house on fire, Larry realised he was getting too hot for his own good....... So he grew his hair and loaded it with grease.....

Hahahahahaha...that's cute.

chickadee said:
Bono's true height is revealed to the world...

LMAO. Poor Bono :hug:.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:bono:: Ohhhhhh, no they diii-int!!! Queer Eye came by and made over the G8 summit site! Whoo-hoo! And check out Blair with platinum blond hair! Wow those guys are great!!

*Snorts* LOL..."Ohhhhhh, no, they diii-int"...hehehehehe...

Ashley said:
90r5hl.jpg

U2 crashes the set of The Brady Bunch Movie.

LMAO...that was good!

I also loved all the cat-related ones, and the ones where Larry's just thinking about his hair and trying to be cool, and all the beach ball ones (LOL at the idea of poor Bono being thrown out of a van for his constant beach ball thing), and Edge's random thoughts in some of them (the hokey-pokey one...haha...). And the ones of Bono with that donkey were rather amusing, too.

So many good ones here, girls-very funny stuff. It would be so cool if we could get these caption threads to the guys...I really do think they'd get a kick out of some of these.

Angela

Meghan said:

There should be a poll on PLEBA or something to narrow down the top (insert appropriate number here)

A poll would be kinda hard. Since you need to fill in options for that. I also believe you have to be a premium member to open a poll. A "what's your favorite caption" thread might work.

There are certain captions that have to be included of course.
Like beachballs and superglue ones.

But it isn't going to be easy to choose a favorite one.
There also is this problem that some of the captions don't have their pictures anymore, since they've been replaced by red crosses.

Meghan said:
As to whether they'd like them or not, I really don't know. I have a feeling the main reaction will be, "Oh my god, we're not at all like that -- these people are idiots!"

Hehehe! The "What's with all the beachballs?" comment is really funny, Meghan!

Of course there is no way of knowing if they would like them.
And I wouldn't go with: 'these people are idiots'.
It will most likely be: 'these people are absolutely CRAZY / NUTS'
What was it again that Larry said about fans waiting for hours.....
Sure bet he'll be saying the same thing about these captions and fans who make them.

I'm actually not too sure if I wanna find out what they find of our captions.
What if we somehow get to hear they don't like them at all.
How would that influence you?
It would kinda spoil my fun.
Is that stupid?
Or what?
Perhaps we should just keep these captions, the inside jokes and the FUN all to ourself.

Meghan said:
And I reckon Adam would like them the most, because in most of the captions, he comes off quite well. Larry would probably laugh the least. Don't know why, just a feeling.

I was gonna go with Larry liking them the least as well.
For most liking I was gonna say Bono.
But after realizing that he gets his ass whipped the most (takes the most beatings) in here, I'm not to certain.
I agree with Meghan that Adam comes of quite well in these captions.
This could have to do with the superglue of course.

chickadee said:
*takes a bow* I'm so proud that my immature joke about glue has proved so long-lasting and popular. But really it's all down to Adam.

What are you saying here, chickadee?
Do you have some inside information that suggest that Adam has run out of superglue or that he has decided to stop using it?

God, I hope not...

Oops, I posted 4 times without captions.
Better come back with a few later...

Last edited:
Meghan said:

I thought the beachball thing would be their first reaction :wink: I mean I wonder if they even REMEMBER the so-called beachball incident? We might have to explain it to them.

It would be so awesome if we could get the boys to read these, honestly! But it would be so hard to sort through all of them, there's so many :huh: we need a way to get organized, or have someone set up a website to post the captions or something...make sure the pictures don't get replaced with the dreaded red-X...

grinningwithsomedude.bmp

Bono: ...and then I said, "Oh look Edge, a beachball!"
Guy: How many more times is he going to tell me this bloody story...

that's not paul mcguinness is it? it looks sorta like him...

AtomicBono said:

I thought the beachball thing would be their first reaction :wink: I mean I wonder if they even REMEMBER the so-called beachball incident? We might have to explain it to them.

It would be so awesome if we could get the boys to read these, honestly! But it would be so hard to sort through all of them, there's so many :huh: we need a way to get organized, or have someone set up a website to post the captions or something...make sure the pictures don't get replaced with the dreaded red-X...

mmh even though i don't post captions a lot, i really love reading them! anyway, i had actually planned to put the best of them in a book and give it to them in amsterdam. i even bought a book already, but then didn't have the time to print them out and put it all together. :( would have asked you guys about it first of course, but yeah it didn't work out the way i wanted it to. and i could have given it to one of them quite easily :(

but yeah, of you need anyone to put them all on a website in an organized form or something like that, i could do that :)

Okay, I just read this ENTIRE thread, and my stomach hurts from laughing so much!

All of 'em were great! One of my favorites:

AtomicBono said:

leaningonEdgehawt.jpg

Edge: Bono, could we uh, not do this right now? I'm sort of trying to play -
Bono: SHIT I'M STUCK I'M STUCK!!!! @$&^! YOU ADAM!!
Edge: not AGAIN...
Larry: *in the background* huh? we're playing stuck? I thought this was Elevation. I can never get the songs right on this album.
Bono: ADAM, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS ONE!!
Larry: now we're playing One? fookin' hell...
Edge: God Larry, can't you keep a steady tempo?!

ROTFLMAO!!! Poor Larry, lol!

You guys ROCK, esp. Miringeltje & Lemon Grrrrr!! :applaud:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
:bono: *thinking to self* "Did I remember to turn off the coffee maker? Lock the front door?
I feel like I'm forgetting something this morning!

ummm.jpg

:lol:...!

By the way, forgot to mention this earlier...I like those Larry shirts, too! I can't believe they actually exist! :D. Whenever I have 20 dollars on me, I'd like to buy one :yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom