Consider this the tailgating thread before the setlist party starts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow...if I was born in '88 I doubt I'd even be into U2. I got into them when I was 12 (War/UABRS). I can't imagine getting into them later, going back and buying the albums 1 by 1 etc.

CTU2fan said:
Wow...if I was born in '88 I doubt I'd even be into U2. I got into them when I was 12 (War/UABRS). I can't imagine getting into them later, going back and buying the albums 1 by 1 etc.

Hehe, that's exactly what I did, and it was one of the greatest adventures of my life. If I remember correctly, I started with ATYCLB, then bought the Best of 80-90. Then I started buying the rest of their catalogue in pairs I think, but not normal pairs of albums, just whatever two I saw first in the record store that day. I think they went "Joshua Tree/War" then "Rattle and Hum/Achtung Baby" then "Zooropa/Unforgettable Fire" then just "Zooropa", and finally "Boy/October" (the only pair that really makes sense.

In any case it was quite an interesting and unusual way to experience U2's music, and I think it probably has A LOT to do with why I love every U2 album almost equally. :)

Lancemc said:

Hehe, that's exactly what I did, and it was one of the greatest adventures of my life. If I remember correctly, I started with ATYCLB, then bought the Best of 80-90. Then I started buying the rest of their catalogue in pairs I think, but not normal pairs of albums, just whatever two I saw first in the record store that day. I think they went "Joshua Tree/War" then "Rattle and Hum/Achtung Baby" then "Zooropa/Unforgettable Fire" then just "Zooropa", and finally "Boy/October" (the only pair that really makes sense.

In any case it was quite an interesting and unusual way to experience U2's music, and I think it probably has A LOT to do with why I love every U2 album almost equally. :)

Well I got to do what with Boy & October, and it was hard. I found Boy no problem, but I actually had to look for October. Then I got them all on cd, but I think I still have the warn-out tapes somewhere, all the way up to JT.

I can't stay (not THIS early), but I will be around for the actual party. I brought something for you guys. Don't let the underaged drink :shifty:

bucketobeer.gif

Lila64 said:
I can't stay (not THIS early), but I will be around for the actual party. I brought something for you guys. Don't let the underaged drink :shifty:

bucketobeer.gif

mmmmmmm...beer :)

CTU2fan said:
I can't imagine getting into them later, going back and buying the albums 1 by 1 etc.

But that was so fun! I was born in 1987, and I got into U2 in 2000. One of my highlights of the month for at least a year was using my pocket money to buy my next U2 album. The two hour drive into town, the frantic rush to the CD shop, the tingly feeling as I ripped off the cellophane, the anticipation as I popped the CD into the car's CD player... That happened every month! I was sad when it was over.

Lancemc said:

Wow, that's almost exactly the same as me. I started with ATYCLB, then bought Best Of 1980-90, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby on the same day. But this was a few years ago, and I had little patience, so rarely got past Bullet/RTSS on Joshua Tree, and never started Achtung Baby.

Then I downloaded the rest, and started to get into U2 in a big way. Got the new album, saw them this year, then bought every single one of their albums.

Anyway, tonight we'll see Discotheque -> Mofo in the encore, I guarantee it.

Back
Top Bottom