Amsterdam III setlist partay part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phommel said:
What a great show, what a great setlist!!
AMAZING !!!!

One little negative point: the sound in AmsterdamArena indeed SUCKS !!! It would be even more amazing if they did this show in De Kuip Rotterdam....this great band doen's deserve those fuucking acoustics...

grtz Pascal.

Sheesh.. If I hear one more person complaining about the acoustics at the Arena I'm gonna screem! I was there all 3 nights.. first night GA (almost in front)..2nd and 3rd night Seating tickets in the 2nd ring (all the way in the back and close to the stage)..
And I heard everything just fine! The only time I couldnt make out what bono was saying was during the Spaceship speech before Miracle Drug (2nd night).. everything else JUST FINE!

sure there was an echo (esp night 1).. but thats all.. I could hear all the instruments.. sometimes a bit muddy.. but it wasn't as bad as people here claim to be...

Of course.. It's just very "in"to be slagging off the Arena.. that's just the trend here in Holland ever since it was built.. kinda silly if you ask me!

By the way.. NO WAY.. the crowd could have been louder at Gelredome or de Kuip.. ( the acoustics really helped on that actually ;)!!

mrmac said:

Sheesh.. If I hear one more person complaining about the acoustics at the Arena I'm gonna screem! I was there all 3 nights.. first night GA (almost in front)..2nd and 3rd night Seating tickets in the 2nd ring (all the way in the back and close to the stage)..
And I heard everything just fine! The only time I couldnt make out what bono was saying was during the Spaceship speech before Miracle Drug (2nd night).. everything else JUST FINE!

sure there was an echo (esp night 1).. but thats all.. I could hear all the instruments.. sometimes a bit muddy.. but it wasn't as bad as people here claim to be...

Of course.. It's just very "in"to be slagging off the Arena.. that's just the trend here in Holland ever since it was built.. kinda silly if you ask me!

By the way.. NO WAY.. the crowd could have been louder at Gelredome or de Kuip.. ( the acoustics really helped on that actually ;)!!
am i to assume that the slagging of the stadium has something to do with ajax playing there?

mrmac said:

very very true...I was talking abou this with a friend of mine...I didn;t have a problem with the sound where I stood...the sound of the public went around and created an unbelievable loud noise

:rockon:

Overall the sound in rotterdam is better but in GA I didn;t have a problem esp night 3 was very clear from where I stood

Well, there were 5 of us in the midfield GA places on Friday and all of us agreed the sound sucked...on Saturday two of us side stage and enjoyed it so much more! So I guess it is where you were in the Arena...

phommel said:
THANK YOU!!!!

how do you now??

grtz Pascal.....
(already waiting for the next U2 concert in Netherlands.....2009? :| :( )

Gefeliciteerd Pascal!!!!

volgend jaar komen ze terug hopelijk!!!

KBRY said:
Well, there were 5 of us in the midfield GA places on Friday and all of us agreed the sound sucked...on Saturday two of us side stage and enjoyed it so much more! So I guess it is where you were in the Arena...
yes, maybe that's an explanation.

But who decides which stadium they play? Why taking risks to play at the Arena if you know how beautiful acoustics are in De Kuip?

But anyway, I enjoyed this show very much....I still have shivers...

goodnight! go to sleep now

As to the actual shows...what can I add about last night? Enjoyed every minute and think everyone else did around me...great crowd, great performance...Miss Sarajevo was a stunner, thought at first it would be a snippet but was happy to be proved wrong :up:

OOTS full band was excellent also, although I do like the acoustic version too...

Bonos voice just gets better! He cracked up when the big man picked him up during BD...changed the lyrics while he was being held like a baby LOL!

After Fridays personal disaster of a day, the 16/7 was a fantastic evening and more than made up for all the 15/7 disappointments.

Damn! 3 weeks until Barcelona...

KBRY said:

Yeah that could explain things.. I heard this from other people as well... but Like I said.. I was in 3 different spots on the 3 nights (we were with 8 of us actually).. and we felt the sound wasn't nearly as bad as some people would like to make believe.. Seems like some people are heavily prejudiced... FE: yesterday I heard some people from Brabant (you could tell from their accent - and probably PSV supporters).. banging on the glass walls in the staircases.. shouting how much they hated "this concrete slab".. you can't tell me that's because of the bad acoustics.. ;)

On the other hand.. yeah The Kuip does have good acoustics.. my guess is that the Arena charges less for bands to play there.. But I'm not sure on that. Or The Arena and Mojo have signed some long-term contract which binds them to have their acts play there.. I mean.. Rolling Stoned, Phil Collins, Red hot Chili Peppers, Lenny Kravitz, U2.. and Im probably missing some.. have all played there in stead of the Kuip.. MUST be a reason for that?!

Last edited:
phommel said:
One little negative point: the sound in AmsterdamArena indeed SUCKS !!! It would be even more amazing if they did this show in De Kuip Rotterdam....this great band doen's deserve those fuucking acoustics...grtz Pascal.

I have professional earprotection, especially made for rock concerts. I bought it a few years ago, since I love going to rock concerts..
With my earplugs, the soundmix was absolutely perfect...
-Willy

Back
Top Bottom