Volcano - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Upon first listen one fears U2 is in danger of Volcano being this album’s Wild Honey, i.e. a detour into interminable silliness out of place in its musical environs. But despite the Van Halenesque song title, the venerable Irish quartet deftly manages to pull sonic sublimity out of the fire and instead produces a complex, textured and multilayered mountain of molten music whose plaintive and playful charms reveal themselves to careful listeners. Dapper Rhythm King Clayton takes the lead here by generously feeding this cauldron of red hot rock an erupting, sonorous bassline while guitarist Dave “The Edge” Evans mirthfully follows along. And knoweledgable U2 followers will appreciate the evocation of a youthful sounding Paul Hewson (“Bono”) vocalising simmering angst about to reach critical mass and let loose upon the world in this deceptively simple yet nostalgic rocker.

Whilst the song may prove challenging for some, I can recommend U2’s “Volcano” to my more discerning readers.

Upon first listen one fears U2 is in danger of Volcano being this album’s Wild Honey, i.e. a detour into interminable silliness out of place in its musical environs. But despite the Van Halenesque song title, the venerable Irish quartet deftly manages to pull sonic sublimity out of the fire and instead produces a complex, textured and multilayered mountain of molten music whose plaintive and playful charms reveal themselves to careful listeners. Dapper Rhythm King Clayton takes the lead here by generously feeding this cauldron of red hot rock an erupting, sonorous bassline while guitarist Dave “The Edge” Evans mirthfully follows along. And knoweledgable U2 followers will appreciate the evocation of a youthful sounding Paul Hewson (“Bono”) vocalising simmering angst about to reach critical mass and let loose upon the world in this deceptively simple yet nostalgic rocker.

Whilst the song may prove challenging for some, I can recommend U2’s “Volcano” to my more discerning readers.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Sent from my ass crack

Is this a satire of an art critique?

I've had it with you. :angry:

If we were talking about the ABOY demo, I could be on board with that though. :D

Wow, this is why I love this site. This post just made me listen to the ABOY demo. I really like ABOY, but I can't stand it anymore, too tired of it. The demo is missing all of the elements that annoy me. It's great, love it! Thanks.

Copying and pasting plagiarized articles takes work? :huh:

He must have gone through a considerable amount of material, pages and pages of Amazon comments, to find that level of pomposity in every single one. It would have been easier to write his own damn pompous reviews!

Listen, clown...usually I'm inclined to let your many little asides fly, but, like the time you accused me of being Fisher, if you're going to accuse me of plagiarism, you better show up with some proof. Fair?

Good.

Wait... I thought he was talking about Mount Temple? Am I missing something here?

Listen, clown...usually I'm inclined to let your many little asides fly, but, like the time you accused me of being Fisher, if you're going to accuse me of plagiarism, you better show up with some proof. Fair?

Good.

:lmao: :lmao:

Try not to embarass yourself any further, if you can at all help it. Jeeves was talking about Mount Temple. There was no accusation against you. Do try to keep up.

Sent from my ass crack

He must have gone through a considerable amount of material, pages and pages of Amazon comments, to find that level of pomposity in every single one. It would have been easier to write his own damn pompous reviews!

Actually you're probably right. That level of pomposity doesn't come naturally to most normal people.

Sent from my ass crack

Wow, this is why I love this site. This post just made me listen to the ABOY demo. I really like ABOY, but I can't stand it anymore, too tired of it. The demo is missing all of the elements that annoy me. It's great, love it! Thanks.

Yeah, and I think it comes full circle back to Volcano. What I liked about the ABOY demo is that it had more air to it and didn't feel overpolished. The album version of ABOY is just a damn shame from the lyrics to the production. Volcano, while a fun rocker, doesn't feel like the band overcooked it. They could have easily crapped all over this song in the final minutes trying to get the big single, but instead they let it breathe and stopped messing with it.

Even though it's far from one of my favorites on the album, I don't feel inclined to skip the song when I play the album like I do ABOY or SUC.

this place is like a REALLY dysfunctional family sometimes :lol:

LOL, not sure you're in a position to be calling anyone "wrong" about anything around here. But whatever, not worth another derailed thread with you. Go ahead, have the last word. ☺

I think we can all just chalk this one up as a gentlemens' misunderstanding this time, right?

PS. Though I quoted your post I'm not directing this as an attack on you personally. Just seems like a misunderstanding all parties can just laugh off.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom