The Troubles - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terrific song. The outro is a bit short, however. But overall a stellar song, easily among the best.

Lots of excellent tunes on the collection but this is Best song on the album period

MOS part 2. Part of me is disappointed that the last song of the album, is so similar to that of NLOTH. As great as 360 was, I demand a different live experience.

Whoa, them's fighting words. I love this track too but think about the company of classics you just threw it in:

-Mothers of the Disappeared (my pick)
-Love is Blindness
-All I Want is You
-Wake Up Dead Man
-The Wanderer
-Cedars of Lebanon
-MLK

We always talk about the 3 spot, but that last track is almost always something haunting/special.

I know it puts it in tough company but that is a credit to the song. I agree with you U2 has some really good closers for the most part.

So is Lykke Li going to be the opening act (and main set cameo guest) for the first chunk of the tour, or will Edge be handling her vocal part during live performances?

This is a VERY dark song. I shudder to think, is Bono describing himself? The lines, "Somebody stepped inside inside your soul; little by little they robbed and stole, until someone else was in control," are eerie and representative of a darker side of spirituality. The tone of the song is also very dark. It's a great song, but evokes extreme loss and emptiness.

Since it's called The Troubles, and reminds me of Love is Blindness, maybe the song is about the indoctrination of terrorists? Or more to the point, the freeing of oneself from such thinking?

This is a VERY dark song. I shudder to think, is Bono describing himself? The lines, "Somebody stepped inside inside your soul; little by little they robbed and stole, until someone else was in control," are eerie and representative of a darker side of spirituality. The tone of the song is also very dark. It's a great song, but evokes extreme loss and emptiness.

The song is about The Troubles

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I have one complaint about this song is that Bono never gets to sing the hookiest part.

Ditto! I loved this so much and I love Lykke but I kinda wish Edge sang that in falsetto or something. But I love it regardless. And fade out is odd. Seems like there should be a 7 minute version of this song, mostly guitar solo. Because I was really digging that. Hah!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, one of the bonus tracks coming out in October with the physical release will be an alternate version, so we may yet get a longer outro.

Back
Top Bottom