The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GOYB just appeared and sounded too formulaic after the success of Vertigo (too many echoes of Vertigo). There are obviously some interesting ideas in the song but I don't know if U2 were able to make it work which was what I feel about NLOTH today. Interesting ideas and sounds but somehow they don't add up...
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

YOu are right about NLOTH, they ruined the potential, because they tried to make it sound familiar and radiofriendly. Imagine if they released the original versions of Magnificient aka French disco, NLOTH2, Crazy tribal mix, etc. The record would be a monster :drool:

Woohoo heard this song on the radio for first time today. Turned it up sounded awesome. Seen the ad many times on Tv Woohoo i love that U2 are in the spotlight again!

Bono mentioned a song a while ago called the Pilgrim. Is this the same song? Lyrically it'd make perfect sense.

I have tried over & over to tell myself this tune is better than I initially thought but I can't live a lie anymore. :sad:

Only track on SOI I have beef with. Some days I kind of like it but meh. It works well enough with the Apple ad though.

Hope it doesn't open the shows. It needs something to segue into the chant and Edge's opening riff. I know everyone hates Elevation, but I think they could be one heckuva tandom, with that "oooh--ooh" in elevation suddenly cutting off straight into Edge's riff. That'd be insane.

I know everyone hates Elevation, but I think they could be one heckuva tandom, with that "oooh--ooh" in elevation suddenly cutting off straight into Edge's riff. That'd be insane.

If 'everyone' hates Elevation, then why do the crowds do the whole "oooh--ooh" chant back to the band every time?

Because everyone secretly likes it. ?. But no one around here admits it.

I don't like Elevation....I LOVE it! I will say that I don't talk about that too much around here because some seem to feel it is throw away pop/rock and while I agree the lyrics aren't that great, I absolutely love the song. Its so fun and full of energy.

I'm not always in the mood for a "Bad" type song with deep lyrics, sometimes I just need to have some fun and this is the song I put on when I'm in that mood! This is also the song I BLAST when watching Steelers playoff games and they score a touchdown....I get chills just thinking about it :)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I don't like Elevation....I LOVE it! I will say that I don't talk about that too much around here because some seem to feel it is throw away pop/rock and while I agree the lyrics aren't that great, I absolutely love the song. Its so fun and full of energy.

I'm not always in the mood for a "Bad" type song with deep lyrics, sometimes I just need to have some fun and this is the song I put on when I'm in that mood! This is also the song I BLAST when watching Steelers playoff games and they score a touchdown....I get chills just thinking about it :)

I guess you haven't heard Elevation in a while, then? :shifty: Steelers?! Okay, I did get to see the final US 360 concert in Pittsburgh where they played BAD! And, they did have terrific fireworks on the river last 4th of July. So I will always love that spot for those reasons. But, Steelers?! :sexywink:

Elevation is a song you can't help but have fun with and groove to. It's like having soda and hot buttered popcorn at the movies. It might not be good for you, but it's oh so enjoyable! :sexywink:

:clap: :clap: Go Steelers!!!! And I agree about Elevation. I can get over the lyrics; and my little sister loves it for some reason. When she was like 2-3 years old, if I was ever driving around with her in the car, she would try jumping out of her seat and would wave her hands. It was hilarious. U2 really does appeal to all ages.

I have tried over & over to tell myself this tune is better than I initially thought but I can't live a lie anymore. :sad:

Only track on SOI I have beef with. Some days I kind of like it but meh. It works well enough with the Apple ad though.

Exactly!

P.S.: I like ELEVATION

Studio version is okay, but the live versions from the Elevation Tour kick some serious ass. It's one of U2's better rockers.

While I love the album as a whole, I just cannot get into this song. While, not as bad, I get SUC flashbacks.

For some reason, the band figures generic dad rock will secure their relevance, while I believe, it's the fresher sounds like Troubles, SLABT, and Crystal Ballroom that will. I do think the song will be better live.

I actually think the radio chasing dad rock is exactly what marginalizes them with non-fans.

I think the true fans of alt/indie rock appreciate and gravitate towards bands that try new sounds--it is what made U2 the coolest band in the 90's. I can really hear the Danger Mouse influences on SLABT, Troubles, Reach, and Crystal Ballroom, and I wish they had taken it all the way. (I still can't get over how surprisingly brilliant CB is!)

For some reason, the band figures generic dad rock will secure their relevance, while I believe, it's the fresher sounds like Troubles, SLABT, and Crystal Ballroom that will. I do think the song will be better live.
(...)
I think the true fans of alt/indie rock appreciate and gravitate towards bands that try new sounds--it is what made U2 the coolest band in the 90's. I can really hear the Danger Mouse influences on SLABT, Troubles, Reach, and Crystal Ballroom, and I wish they had taken it all the way. (I still can't get over how surprisingly brilliant CB is!)

I tend to agree with this vision. I'd only add "This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now" to that group of songs which sounds very DM to me as well.

So how sick would a Miss Sarajevo-The Miracle segue be? Right after Bono's long note in Miss Sarajevo it cuts right to the opening riff of The Miracle, instead of the chant. This will never ever happen, but it'd be freakin incredible.

Any segue that involves Miss Sarajevo would be awesome (coincidentally listening it to it right now, by the way).

I like the song more than most on the forum but admit it's a bit overstuffed lyrically and you could lose a verse. You don't need the background chants either.

Despite not being the biggest fan of the track (although I like it a lot more than I did) I've had it stuck in my head for the past couple of days & it's showing no signs of leaving any time soon.

Chris evans just played the miracle from last night. It got a good response from people at work and they normanly lay into u2 to get me going ? some seem to be humming it aswell ?

Back
Top Bottom