Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, santiago2u.
You last visited: 11-21-2007 at 06:27 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

::::eek:k, those are my credentials here...and as far as I read you guys, I didn't miss anything intelligent, interesting or even romantic...those 40 bucks paid at U2.com are really worth: knowledge has a price.

I have no idea what's going on anymore, so here are a couple of appropriate gifs.

picardhk5.jpg

350trt2.gif

Welcome, santiago2u.
You last visited: 11-21-2007 at 06:27 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

::::eek:k, those are my credentials here...and as far as I read you guys, I didn't miss anything intelligent, interesting or even romantic...those 40 bucks paid at U2.com are really worth: knowledge has a price.

Wait, are you trying to say that U2.com has something intelligent, interesting, and romantic?

Get out of here spy!

My face while reading the last few pages of this thread:
Confused.jpg

(Also: Thanks for the link, alanah! I think I'll be placing a pre-order there soon.)

i suggest going to your local store and asking to buy it. i called one in my area and they said they'll get 6 copies on friday. then i called a shop in mentor, ohio, near where my bro lives. the man working sounded like he'd sell early. my bro went in today and bought 2 copies for me. the man said he had 15 on hand, waiting to sell on friday.

I can't believe you guys are ragging on oldmanfly so much. Remember, these are only music EPs. Sure, what he did may have been a little sketchy, but it's nothing to go tits up about.

I can't believe you guys are ragging on oldmanfly so much. Remember, these are only music EPs. Sure, what he did may have been a little sketchy, but it's nothing to go tits up about.

What he did isn't the point. The fact that he comes here and boasts about himself how he's such an awesome guy for doing this great thing for us all is. I can't stand people with an attitude like that, especially not when they're ripping other fans off.

Really? I tried that yesterday but got an email soon after saying the records were only for their brick & mortar stores.
Hmm...haven't got a confirmation e-mail yet, so I guess that's a possibility. Seems a bit stupid to put a record up for online pre-order if you won't actually, you know, let people order it online.
EDIT: Yep, just got the same e-mail you did. I'll post it here for anyone that's interested:
Skip Hermens said:
[Nirniva]

Unfortunately all Black Friday title have the same rules as Record Store Day titles and they are for our brick & mortar store customers, when we open on Friday morning, they have first shot at these. We must play by the rules of “Record Store Day” and cannot take any pre-orders on these titles…..we are sorry for trouble this has caused.

Unless we hear from you - we will hold your web order and if there is any of the title you ordered left, we will then fill it and ship your order. Please advise if you would like to keep this order open.
Sincerely

Skip Hermens
CD World
3215 W 11th Ave
Eugene, OR 97402
541-683-6902
www.gotocdworld.com

Fair does there are some fuckin bellends in here!

oldmanfly is a genuine U2 fan/fella believe me.

I'm waitin on an order from vintage vinyl it's past the pre order stage so fingers xx'd I get one if I don't tough fuckin titty I won't go cryin about it like some people on here.

:huh:

The oonts oonts thread doesn't seem so bad after this...

Spoke to my local record store guy a while ago while doing my standard record shopping about the Friday event, he actually checked in the back for me if they the Doors album in mono, as well as the U2 ep already. It was weird because I thought "Wow, is he actually going to sell them to me right here and now? Will I cave into the I WANT IT NOW!!! mentality?" Then that whole ethical do the right thing stuff played in my head, and well, he fortunately didn't have them, so my conscious was relieved.

So yeah, I still get to try my other record store on Friday and play fair.

whew, I got lucky and was able to order one online yesterday! I went on the website for my local indie record store chain Zia Records to see what time they're opening on Friday. On their homepage, the U2 Wide Awake in Europe was listed in their Featured section with a Buy Now button. I went ahead and placed an order for one. It was $13.99 plus shipping and taxes. I was expecting to get an email from them saying the album being available online was a mistake and my order was being cancelled. I did get an email from Zia's this afternoon, but it was to confirm my order was packaged and shipped. I just went back on their website a few minutes ago. The LP is no longer listed in the Featured section or even comes up in search results. They must have made a limited number available online then pulled it. Or they realized it was a mistake to have them available online but are honoring those who ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom