Unpopular U2 opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about that, id say the Joshua Tree gets that honour, i think its over hyped and not particularly interesting or special, in fact its just average (with the exception of with or without you and running to standstill)

- I really like "A Man and a Woman."
- I wish Bono would quit all that Africa stuff and let someone else do it so he can be in a band again.
- The Joshua Tree era is U2's most boring phase.
- Larry is too skinny and needs to eat some meat.
- It's gross when Bono brings bra-less women on stage to dance with him.

There. I said it. Why do I feel like I've just done something bad? :huh:

I dont know about that, id say the Joshua Tree gets that honour, i think its over hyped and not particularly interesting or special, in fact its just average (with the exception of with or without you and running to standstill)

I feel that way about Achtung Baby and UF. Both are enjoyable, but hardly my favorite by U2.

I can't believe that LeMel doesn't think Bono is fat. Complete rubbish, he's such a miserable smarmy cow for thinking that. Absolutely stinks of being different for the sake of it.

Grace is one of the worst fucking songs I have ever heard in history!!! I HATE MERCY I think it is FUCKING over rated! I LOVE baby face and love Big Girls are best! I think Fast cars is okay but not great!

Ah, I forgot about Peace on Earth. I really like that song, except that I think the verse lyrics are awful. But I like everything else about it.

The negative:

- 40 is their worst song from 1980-1983.
- Zooropa is their worst album.
- Their version of Unchained Melody is unbearable to listen to.
- Saturday Night should've taken the place of An Cat Dubh on Boy.
- The songs with Edge on lead vocals (Numb, Van Diemen's Land) bore me to tears.

Honorable mention: WAIA > UABRS

The positive:

- A Sort of Homecoming, Exit, and New Year's Day are U2's best songs in the 80s.
- Until the End of the World, Love is Blindness, and IYWTVD are U2's best songs in the 90s.
-THTBA, TGBHF, and Stateless are U2's best songs in the 00s.
-Pop is brilliant--not good, not great, but brilliant--exactly as it is.
-LAPOE is the best song on HTDAAB (I like the album).

Honorable mention: Holy Joe (Garage Mix) is a fantastic song.

It's gross when Bono brings bra-less women on stage to dance with him.
I'd qualify that with, he should stop bringing those clueless teenage girls on stage, who then stand there like stunned mullets and don't know what to do. Try an older, more experienced woman (with or without support garments), Bono.....

Grace is one of the worst fucking songs I have ever heard in history!!! I HATE MERCY I think it is FUCKING over rated! I LOVE baby face and love Big Girls are best! I think Fast cars is okay but not great!

okay!!!

I'd qualify that with, he should stop bringing those clueless teenage girls on stage, who then stand there like stunned mullets and don't know what to do. Try an older, more experienced woman (with or without support garments), Bono.....

I second this. Also, when he dances with girls, it always looks so awkward, like both of them are uncomfortable.

:win:

Tho I would appreciate it if they wore appropriate clothing, and, when they need it, a belt. *hint for the girl on the Milan dvd*

Or they should start bringing more musicians up! Exit excluded, have they ever agreed on anyone but the piano guy during Wild horses to play any other instrument rather than guitar?

--I think the world of U2 would have been much better if Achtung Baby and ZooTV hadn't existed.

- the album with the worst flow of any U2 album is Achtung Baby (even How to dismantle ... is slightly better)
- the main problem with POP isn't the production but the lack of good songs (though the production is bad)
- when All that you can't ... came out I first was a bit disappointed that it wasn't more like the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack but once I managed to remove my head out of my own arse I realised it is one of the band's top 3 best albums
- I've seen U2 on every tour since ZOO TV and every tour has been a better experience that preceding one
- Peace on Earth is their best political song
- the live versions of A sort of homecoming and Unforgettable fire are so mediocre compared to the album version (as a result I also don't doubt that the reason Acrobat was never done live is because of not living up to the album version) that in comparison Pride live is a complete triumph
- I will never get tired of I still haven't found ....
- even though I didn't like the album version Elevation is becoming one of my favourite live songs
- U2 fans make Frank Zappa fans look like reasonable people in comparison

idon't like too much the acustic versions

i hate people crying during the show hearing songs like wowy, one,and others "cute" ones, i think they should be happy.

i don't think coldplay sounds the same as U2, coldplay is sad, and the guitarrist are bad.

the best song live is bullet the blue sky

the edge are the great man on u2

the piano version of original of species, sucks, the guitar version on milan DVD rocks.

:win:

Tho I would appreciate it if they wore appropriate clothing, and, when they need it, a belt. *hint for the girl on the Milan dvd*

Or they should start bringing more musicians up! Exit excluded, have they ever agreed on anyone but the piano guy during Wild horses to play any other instrument rather than guitar?

years ago, maybe JT tour or maybe even an indoor early zoo tv show (I want to say chicago?), they brought a fan up to play guitar w/ Edge on the Southern Man cover. The guy absolutely rocked, and bono even said something about edge having to be nervous about his job. I think he was joking.

ETA: axver, can you pinpoint this show?

Woo! Didn't know there was anyone else on this board who Like PoE and the Refugee!

I just thought of another one. I don't think its necesaarily unpopular but its unusual. I think Luminous Times is in the top 3 greatest U2 songs.

- Count me in the Peace on Earth fan club - love it!
- I love Vertigo and Elevation and I am not ashamed. I do secretly dance and rock out to them often, sometimes while I am here at work :shh:
- This one is a secret - Beautiful Day always makes me happy.....
- I love Zooropa AND Pop
- I think Joshua Tree is brilliant
- I loved Bono's hair long, but now that he is pushing 50 maybe he should keep it short :reject:
- I also think Bono needs to pull up more experienced women on stage - ones that would truly appreciate the moment.

That's all I care to admit at the moment.....

years ago, maybe JT tour or maybe even an indoor early zoo tv show (I want to say chicago?), they brought a fan up to play guitar w/ Edge on the Southern Man cover. The guy absolutely rocked, and bono even said something about edge having to be nervous about his job. I think he was joking.

ETA: axver, can you pinpoint this show?

I think I know what you mean here; it would've been the JT Tour as Southern Man was last played on 11 December 1987. The date's not instantly coming to mind, though. Wasn't the 28 October 1987 performance in Chicago, was it? I don't have my bootlegs handy to check ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom