U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping that the mayor blocks it. Locals and their representatives are opposed to it, but corporate interests will probably prevail.

It's a preposterous idea to put something like that in a city unless the goal is to make the neighbourhood unlivable. The exterior visuals are so hostile to the pubic that I'm almost surprised they were even proposed, let alone approved, but since when do developers care about the people their developments impact?

East London residents are being warned that light pollution from a controversial huge new concert venue – the MSG Sphere – will be “like a sun on Earth”. The message comes from neighbours of a Las Vegas version, more than 5,000 miles away.

Plans for the new concert hall in Stratford took a step closer to realisation last week when the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) approved plans for its advertising display covered with more than one million light emitting diodes that will show videos and adverts from dawn until late.

A similar building is scheduled to open in Las Vegas later this year, and last week the company behind the project tested out the lighting display. “It’s almost like building a sun on Earth,” said Las Vegas local Billy Cline, 36, after he saw the lights at the tip of the 111-metre-high spherical building being tested two miles away from his balcony...

MGM says they'll be mindful of the differences between Vegas and London, and that they'll limit times of operation and the amount of adverstising. If they were really going to be mindful of differences between a city and a rube-fleecing theme park they wouldn't have proposed the London version have exterior screens, but then that would negatively impact their profit margins.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ndon-venue-concert-hall-sleep-light-pollution

Here's hoping that the mayor blocks it. Locals and their representatives are opposed to it, but corporate interests will probably prevail.

It's a preposterous idea to put something like that in a city unless the goal is to make the neighbourhood unlivable. The exterior visuals are so hostile to the pubic that I'm almost surprised they were even proposed, let alone approved, but since when do developers care about the people their developments impact?

MGM says they'll be mindful of the differences between Vegas and London, and that they'll limit times of operation and the amount of adverstising. If they were really going to be mindful of differences between a city and a rube-fleecing theme park they wouldn't have proposed the London version have exterior screens, but then that would negatively impact their profit margins.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ndon-venue-concert-hall-sleep-light-pollution

PracticalDizzyCottonmouth-mobile.mp4

there is delicious irony that there is an AEG funded push to not let the Sphere be built in an area that has already saw development around the Olympics, considering that Dolan himself funded the push to not allow a potential Olympic stadium be built down the street from Madison Square Garden.

alas...

So I’m thinking this Ticketmaster-based “select your dates / price levels / priority” could maaaybe be the trial balloon for Vegas sale approach

IMG_7861.JPG
IMG_7872.JPG

So I’m thinking this Ticketmaster-based “select your dates / price levels / priority” could maaaybe be the trial balloon for Vegas sale approach

View attachment 13482
View attachment 13483

possibly - but some of the May shows are still showing a lot of availability. so i think it's more likely that they're just trying to push tickets.

possibly - but some of the May shows are still showing a lot of availability. so i think it's more likely that they're just trying to push tickets.

Those are still holding loge as all platinum. Fuckers. At least the offering on these “subscriber” tix is standard face plus minimal fees.

I’m more interested in U2 actually using the platform as a ticket request system vs the presale code free-for-all they’ve used since Elevation.

Those are still holding loge as all platinum. Fuckers. At least the offering on these “subscriber” tix is standard face plus minimal fees.

I’m more interested in U2 actually using the platform as a ticket request system vs the presale code free-for-all they’ve used since Elevation.

oh i'm with you. i hope they do go down that road, and also hope they take loyalty/longevity of membership into account.

so i hope you're right... i just think it's more likely that they're sitting on a decent batch of tickets that need to move and might be offering some of those "platinum" level seats to fan club members.

oh i'm with you. i hope they do go down that road, and also hope they take loyalty/longevity of membership into account.

so i hope you're right... i just think it's more likely that they're sitting on a decent batch of tickets that need to move and might be offering some of those "platinum" level seats to fan club members.

Hard agree on the method.

There haven’t been platinum showing in some of those sections (back orchestra, lower balcony) now so could be a mix of holds and platinum.

Cutting down on the platinum qty left in the loge, though, would create optics of scarcity and get what’s left moving out the door a little faster before dynamically pricing them week/day of show.

Hard agree on the method.

There haven’t been platinum showing in some of those sections (back orchestra, lower balcony) now so could be a mix of holds and platinum.

Cutting down on the platinum qty left in the loge, though, would create optics of scarcity and get what’s left moving out the door a little faster before dynamically pricing them week/day of show.

kermit-bale.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom