U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more venue news from the Review Journal - MSG Sphere definitely ramping up and getting ready for what's next...

“We’ll need all the typical things you would need to run an entertainment venue that hosts 18,600 people,” Watson said in an interview following his presentation.

Watson stressed that the Sphere represents an entirely new entertainment medium.

Our design intent is to transport audiences to places real and imagined as if they’re there for the very first time,” he said during the presentation. “Inside the Sphere, audiences are going to be amazed with the first 16K LED screen on earth. It’ll have scores of magnitude sharper than any you can experience today. It’s really going to be incredible. In addition to the screen, the audience is going to be greeted with Sphere immersive sound with 164,300 channels (speakers) — that’s like eight channels for every person in the building. It’ll be headset sound without the headset for every seat in the house.”

“When I said you can feel it, you may have thought it was a figure of speech,” Watson said. “But there will be 10,000 haptic seats that will make you feel the experience in your bones. Whether it’s the launch of a rocket ship or the punch of a boxer’s glove, you’ll literally feel like you’re in the spacecraft or in the ring.

“We’ll have wind that will blow your hair back and deliver scent, and temperature that will feel exactly like a damp glen. Creators will be able to take audiences on journeys that are so realistic that fans will start to question their reality.”

While the venue will be offering tours and entertainment presentations, guests will be promised four to six musical residencies with groups playing 10-12 performances per visit.

Sphere’s parent company, MSG Entertainment, already has a lengthy list of performers it has reached out to for residencies, but Watson declined to mention them by name.

also out this week - the construction of the London MSG Sphere is apparently closer to reality.

“We’ll have wind that will blow your hair back and deliver scent

“Deliver scent”?

Can’t wait to experience Bono partaking from a Vegas buffet in Smell-O-Vision for 2 hours.

One more from another Review Journal article...

After his presentation in the new Convention Center expansion, Watson sidestepped questions*about*U2*opening The Sphere this September.*We are now informed the band’s opening dates are being reviewed, pending progress on the $2.18 billion project construction.

But Watson offered that details of the who and when are in the offing.

“We’ll have announcements about artists and tickets for sale, soon,” Watson said offstage. The exec confirmed there would be between four and six residency headliners playing every year at The Sphere.

“Each artist will play roughly 10 to 12 shows, depending on their availability and scheduling,” Watson said. “But that’s the rough order of magnitude.”

Don’t get tickets for first show. Make sure people come out of there alive. Maybe it’s a spaceship!

Songs of Surrender it’s a cookbook!!!

Very uncertain about the whole headphone thing...

I mean, going to a show, especially a U2 show, is about experiencing not just the band but the audience interaction.

I mean, going to a show, especially a U2 show, is about experiencing not just the band but the audience interaction.

i think you should re-read...

he's not saying everyone will be wearing headphones.

In addition to the screen, the audience is going to be greeted with Sphere immersive sound with 164,300 channels (speakers) — that’s like eight channels for every person in the building. It’ll be headset sound without the headset for every seat in the house.

he's saying that the sound will be so clear it will be as if every person in the building was listening on headphones.

I finally figured out why album comes out March 17. The songs sound normal when you’re shitfaced.

I take it more as a fidelity/clarity thing.

And I must be Leona's Dad
She talks like me
And acts like me
And she can dream
So dream out loud
That she can find
Her old Dad now
She can look
And I can dodge
And she can call
I won't pick up
She can beg