U2 in Vegas - Tips for booking hotels, flights and other Vegasy type things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fancy-tuxedo.gif

Not hotel related, but more general U2 trip related, looking for a Achtung Baby/Zoo TV shirt to buy to wear to the show, liking this one.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what the merch looked like back in 92/93? I don't necessarily need for my shirt to be a perfect replica but just curious if anyone has seen this design before.

s-l1600.png

Definitely a bootleg one although the band image and style looks very similar to one used as a genuine T from the time.

Last edited:
Under 4 weeks to go, so its time to read this thread from start to finish, dig out some shorts and see if any of my vintage U2 t-shirts still fit.

as an FYI - MGM Resorts has been hit with what appears to be a major cyber attack - possibly a cyber ransom attack.

their website and booking systems have been down for 2+ days. this is what the slot machines currently look like at Aria...

20230912_081444.jpg

credit card POS systems, emails, rewards cards, ATM/bill breaker machiens, etc. all remain down. anything using MGM's system is impacted.

seems like they're rebooting the system today and things will be back to normal soon - and i HIGHLY doubt this will still be an issue in two weeks when people start arriving (MGM's royally fucked if it is) - but if you're trying to book a room at an MGM hotel this week - you're probably going to run into some issues.

here are the hotels currently impacted

Aria / Vdara
Bellagio
Borgata
The Cosmopolitan
Excalibur
Luxor
Mandalay Bay / Delano
MGM Grand
New York-New York
Park MGM / NoMad Las Vegas

Yeah my sister & brother-in-law just got back from their annual Vegas sojourn last night. She was telling me about the hack this morning.

as an FYI - MGM Resorts has been hit with what appears to be a major cyber attack - possibly a cyber ransom attack.

their website and booking systems have been down for 2+ days. this is what the slot machines currently look like at Aria...

View attachment 13935

credit card POS systems, emails, rewards cards, ATM/bill breaker machiens, etc. all remain down. anything using MGM's system is impacted.

seems like they're rebooting the system today and things will be back to normal soon - and i HIGHLY doubt this will still be an issue in two weeks when people start arriving (MGM's royally fucked if it is) - but if you're trying to book a room at an MGM hotel this week - you're probably going to run into some issues.

here are the hotels currently impacted

Aria / Vdara
Bellagio
Borgata
The Cosmopolitan
Excalibur
Luxor
Mandalay Bay / Delano
MGM Grand
New York-New York
Park MGM / NoMad Las Vegas

i'll follow up with this...

while i certainly would think and hope that these issues are all cleared up well in advance of opening night?

yea - if you can switch to a non MGM hotel without it impacting your stay and/or bottom line now? might be a good idea to take a look at your options. even if it's just to reserve a refundable room at another room across the street at a CET or other brand hotel in the city as a backup in case things are still FUBAR in two weeks.

it's looking like this is an absolute clusterfuck that will still take some time to straighten out.

Heard the Culinary Union will be voting on a strike soon, also. Things could get bad leading up to F1 week.

Heard the Culinary Union will be voting on a strike soon, also. Things could get bad leading up to F1 week.
They will vote to sanction a walk out the last week of September, but not on an actual walk out date.

This has happened before, and always ends with an agreement before any actual strike.

Obviously just because it's happened that way before doesn't mean it won't be different this time, but especially after this week - yea I expect an agreement to happen at some point.

Back
Top Bottom