The Temple Bar, METAL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, today is going to be real fun - it's like the middle of February outside, HR has fucked up my direct deposit, and it's not even nine am yet and I'm bored to tears because most everyone in my office is gone because of the four day weekend (some people like to get a jump on things). :happy:

I wanna go home. Maybe I'll skip out early today. :angry:

Nice, Beav. :up:

Well, I'm not getting paid again until the 10th. I thought I was going to get paid today, like I and the other employees in my particular class always have. Thanks, stupid company policy! :up:

(Long story, which I don't feel like getting into at the moment, but needless to say I'm pissed and won't be going anywhere this weekend because I'll be broke :hyper: )

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:scratch: isn't everything north and west of, oh, poughkeepsie a territory of canada already?

I always thought so, but apparently the "border" is more north west, near something called "Buffalo" or some such nonsense. I bet there's Polar Bears up there.

April - that sucks. Can you hold up your boss for some weekend cash? Maybe hold his dog for ransom, temporarily, of course.

UberBeaver said:
Got my award money today. :D Gonna get a nice dinner next week. So psyched.

Congrats. :up:

That sucks, April. I keep checking my account - there was supposed to be money deposited today, and so far, only 1/3 of what was supposed to be there is in. Either the bank or the person fucked up. :madwife: :alsobroke:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
meh, i only get paid twice a month.. hard to fuck that up (even though they do at times)

Me, too. This is the first fuck-up of such a magnitude, and I've been here four and a half years, but it's still pretty shitty when rent's due like, today.

We should be able to drink on the job. Today I'd be partaking heavily. :drunk:

UberBeaver said:

Actually I've long been a fan of selling most of Upstate to Canada for a few cases of beer. No one would miss it, really, and we wouldn't have to drive 8 hours to get to Canada. It's brilliant.

:lol: Genius. We'd take parts of it too, if only for the fishing and being able to rename all those horribly named towns. You know there's a BeaverKill right? P thought I should have taken a picture for you :)

They just don't know your genius yet...when we get the book published they'll rename as BeaverRejoice.

Nothing wrong with the fish here - we just drove through some awesome scenery when we took the wrong highway. It was all cabins and ribbon lakes and winding rivers etc. We're thinking of renting a cabin in one of the places this summer actually. I envision myself to be more of a drink fetcher and fishing cheerleader if we do...we'll see though. I'm getting fly fishing lessons in a few weeks :crazy: - hopefully it works better than the bait fishing :up:

snowbunny00774 said:
They just don't know your genius yet...when we get the book published they'll rename as BeaverRejoice.

Nothing wrong with the fish here - we just drove through some awesome scenery when we took the wrong highway. It was all cabins and ribbon lakes and winding rivers etc. We're thinking of renting a cabin in one of the places this summer actually. I envision myself to be more of a drink fetcher and fishing cheerleader if we do...we'll see though. I'm getting fly fishing lessons in a few weeks :crazy: - hopefully it works better than the bait fishing :up:

We went to Cooperstown a few years back, to the baseball HOF. Very pretty area. I'd love to go back. Although I'm more suited to 4-star hotels than the outdoor life. :shifty:

On a related note, I watched the Jays' (almost) comeback inning yesterday, and cheered and shouted like I used to in the old days. I also had no idea that we got Frank Thomas. :ohmy: I'm thinking it might be a good year to resume my former fanaticism. :hmm:

Nice. That sounds awesome. Drink fetcher is a great job. No skinning or baiting. Just fetching. Excellent.

Last time I went fishing, we went to the beach and I got drunk and caught my friends jeep like 3 times. And I almost ran for cover when they caught a little sting ray thing. I thought they were deadly, but apparently this type is not. :D For someone that grew up on an island, and a block from a marina, I know nada about fish or boats.
<--- Phailed.

well, i'll put it this way; I am a HUGE Lakers fan (For like 25 years)...and this season, I haven't seen a complete game yet.....with 9 regular games to go in the season.:huh:
Busy.

VintagePunk said:

On a related note, I watched the Jays' (almost) comeback inning yesterday, and cheered and shouted like I used to in the old days. I also had no idea that we got Frank Thomas. :ohmy: I'm thinking it might be a good year to resume my former fanaticism. :hmm:

:hmm: I'm in the same boat. I only went to one game last year :reject:

UberBeaver said:
Nice. That sounds awesome. Drink fetcher is a great job. No skinning or baiting. Just fetching. Excellent.

Last time I went fishing, we went to the beach and I got drunk and caught my friends jeep like 3 times. And I almost ran for cover when they caught a little sting ray thing. I thought they were deadly, but apparently this type is not. :D For someone that grew up on an island, and a block from a marina, I know nada about fish or boats.
<--- Phailed.

:lol: My fishing is somewhat similar - I'm hoping the lessons at least help me catch something that belongs in the water :grumpy:

RedrocksU2 said:

really? I did not that either. :huh:

There was a long shot from the OF showing the batter, a gigantic African-American. I was sitting there with the tv muted watching, and I went "holy shit, that sorta looks like Frank Thomas." Turned the volume on, and sure enough, it was. :ohmy: Kind of remarkable that I can recognize a batter's stance and body shape when I haven't really paid attention for 5 years.

Once upon a time, I'd spend the winter searching for transactions, and come January, I'd buy every pre-season magazine that existed.

snowbunny00774 said:

:hmm: I'm in the same boat. I only went to one game last year :reject:

:lol: My fishing is somewhat similar - I'm hoping the lessons at least help me catch something that belongs in the water :grumpy:

For about a 10 year stretch from the early 90's till the early 00's, I went to at least 10 games a year. I don't think I've been to one since maybe 02. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom