The Temple Bar - We're watching the Olympics (Go Canada!!) ;) - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Aww.

It's goood. Checking it waaay too much. :laugh: This is ridiculous. I've had it for a day and a half, and I'm already completely addicted. :crack:

:lol: Yup. I thought of you when I was out yesterday. I was thinking, "Sharon will soon understand why we call them Crackberries.." And then I went digging through my purse for something, but didn't feel my BB in there. I had a mild panic attack before I realized it was in my hand. :doh:

Say no to the pole.

What did the pole ever do to you?! :sad:

:lol: Yup. I thought of you when I was out yesterday. I was thinking, "Sharon will soon understand why we call them Crackberries.." And then I went digging through my purse for something, but didn't feel my BB in there. I had a mild panic attack before I realized it was in my hand. :doh:

:laugh: So true!

I haven't figured out how to change the freaking volume on my phone, because we're supposed to silence our phones in the office. It can be on, but I just can't have it pinging away noisily all day. :lol: I've selected "silent" or whatever, but it doesn't do anything. :angry: :laugh:

:laugh: So true!

I haven't figured out how to change the freaking volume on my phone, because we're supposed to silence our phones in the office. It can be on, but I just can't have it pinging away noisily all day. :lol: I've selected "silent" or whatever, but it doesn't do anything. :angry: :laugh:

Top left icon on your main screen. :nerd: Click on it and you can pick your volume setting, or just to switch to vibrate.

Hi all :wave:

Let's list off reasons why people should cheer for their team:

a} Habs came out to 'City of Blinding Lights' tonight
b} A few years ago, they used to come out to 'Where the Streets have no Name' before every game
c} They play Vertigo when they score

I win. :wink:

Btw, I'm 25 hours in to a 40 hour medically-supervised fast :crack:
{nothing serious}

KAF!!!! It's your birthday in a few hours!! :yippie:
I would start your birthday thread but considering half the keys on my keyboard aren't functioning and I don't know how to post pics, it'd be pretty boring :reject:

:wave:

Julie, I have some reasons for my team as well :wink:
1. The captain loves U2 and has his goal song as Beautiful Day
2. They play a U2 song at Scotiabank Place at least once a game
3. Chris Campoli loves U2 too and went to see them on the 360 Tour in Paris last year :D
4. I have the HOTTEST PLAYER ever on my team

Hope the fasting's going well :hug:

Good luck with the fast, Julie!

Who is the hottest player, Kristen? :lol:

1. The Canucks have never won the Stanley Cup, and it's about damn time they did!
2. They come onto the ice to Streets as well. Funny story - they changed the song up a while back, and then they started playing horribly. Once they changed the song back to Streets, they started kicking ass. :lol: Love it!
3. Henrik Sedin - that right there is reason enough to cheer for them. He is phenomenal!
4. Some of the most awesome hockey players have been on the Canucks before their retirement: Stan Smyl, Pavel Bure, Markus Naslund, Trevor Linden, etc., etc.

I'm sure there's many other reasons, but I'm tired and hungry, so that's all you get for now. :lol:

I spent the last hour at the chiropractor. OF COURSE they stick me with the hottest doctor in the practice! :lol: Oh. my. god is he ever gorgeous! :drool: I don't feel so bad about having to go back several times a week for the next little while. :evil:

I think Kristen may be referring to Mike Fisher - aka soon to be Mr Carrie Underwood :lol: Apparently there were a lot of broken hearts among female Ottawa fans when the engagement was announced ;)

I'm glad you gals played along :applaud:

Kristen - great reasons, although I didn't know Sheldon Souray played for the Sens :wink:
By the way, Chris Campoli is my ex's cousin - I'm not at all surprised he saw U2 in Paris as alllll the Campolis I know are obsessed with U2! :lol:

Sharon - great reasons, too - as for the U2 theme, I read Luongo's favourite band is U2 and he listens to them before each game to get hyped up :yes:

Drea - any reasons we should cheer for the Leafs? haha :wink:

Los_Angeles_Kings.gif

:rockon:

Upset in the making ladies.

:dance:

^ LEAFS.

KAF!!!! It's your birthday in a few hours!! :yippie:
I would start your birthday thread but considering half the keys on my keyboard aren't functioning and I don't know how to post pics, it'd be pretty boring :reject:
Aww, I'd love any thread you made for me. :love: Btw, medically-supervised fast? Bleh, that bites. Glad it's nothing serious, though. :hug:

I spent the last hour at the chiropractor. OF COURSE they stick me with the hottest doctor in the practice! :lol: Oh. my. god is he ever gorgeous! :drool: I don't feel so bad about having to go back several times a week for the next little while. :evil:
Grrrl, I'd limp into that office all "Ok, so I need to see you three times a week for the next six months at least, at which point we can re-asses, but for now I will definitely be needing plenty of hands-on.. What? You're the one who's supposed to formulate a treatment plan? Oh right.."

Drea - any reasons we should cheer for the Leafs? haha :wink:

I thought you were talking about why we should cheer for teams in the playoffs, which would automatically exempt the Leafs :lol:

1. They're a young team with some promise - Gustavsson, Kessel, Phaneuf...
2. There's a segment in the second period during home games (started this year) called "Luke's Troops", where Luke Schenn has paid for the ticket of a member of the Cdn armed forces (and their family) to come to a game, and they're honoured on the scoreboard - commonly getting a standing ovation from the crowd.
3. I would have to double check this, but IIRC both Viktor Stalberg and Beauchemin are U2 fans.

I spent the last hour at the chiropractor. OF COURSE they stick me with the hottest doctor in the practice! :lol: Oh. my. god is he ever gorgeous! I don't feel so bad about having to go back several times a week for the next little while.

Perfect!!

I think Kristen may be referring to Mike Fisher - aka soon to be Mr Carrie Underwood :lol: Apparently there were a lot of broken hearts among female Ottawa fans when the engagement was announced ;)

Mike Fisher :drool::drool::drool: He's my fav :love: (gonna update the Hottest Dude Thread with a pic of him if anyone wants to look at some eye candy lol).
And yes every girl in Ottawa was broken hearted, I think that's what it actually said in the Ottawa paper when I read the article online announcing their engagement :lol: Chris Neil actually said something along those lines.

I'm glad you gals played along :applaud:

Kristen - great reasons, although I didn't know Sheldon Souray played for the Sens :wink:
By the way, Chris Campoli is my ex's cousin - I'm not at all surprised he saw U2 in Paris as alllll the Campolis I know are obsessed with U2! :lol:

Wow that's cool. I just remember seeing this interview with him and they asked what he did last summer and he was going on about how he saw U2 in Paris and how awesome the show was :up:

I thought you were talking about why we should cheer for teams in the playoffs, which would automatically exempt the Leafs :lol:

1. They're a young team with some promise - Gustavsson, Kessel, Phaneuf...
2. There's a segment in the second period during home games (started this year) called "Luke's Troops", where Luke Schenn has paid for the ticket of a member of the Cdn armed forces (and their family) to come to a game, and they're honoured on the scoreboard - commonly getting a standing ovation from the crowd.
3. I would have to double check this, but IIRC both Viktor Stalberg and Beauchemin are U2 fans.

I did mean that but I didn't want you to feel left out :hug: :wink:

I was going on a U2 theme originally but I'm not going to argue with 'Luke's Troops'!

Thanks Kaf - hope you have a splendid day! What do you have planned?

P.S. Fasting is over - just ate an entire box of lady fingers!

Back
Top Bottom