The Temple Bar, METAL UP YOUR FUCKING ASS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to join a ton of roto-leagues every year. :lol: In fact, I just got an e-mail last week from my old posse asking who was going to join one this year. I'm so out of the loop, I can't.

Being a baseball fan is tough and time consuming. Once I went back to school, I didn't really have time for it. And I was pissed at the Jays' (then) owners for ruining my team. :madwife:

I have the autographs of all members of the 92 and 93 world series teams, most of them on cards. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

Saturday afternoons - beer, sunshine... :drool:

With the dome open :drool:

We moved here in '89 and Jays fever was insane, so we were assimilated into fandom. I still get mocked about the Jays shot glasses in my bar. I still go, but lately it's to bring family that are over visiting so they can experience it.

I agree - afternoon games are better than night games :up:

It sets up a good buzz for the rest of the night :drool:

snowbunny00774 said:

I agree - afternoon games are better than night games :up:

It sets up a good buzz for the rest of the night :drool:

Some of the best memories I have are of afternoon games with friends, and then wandering the streets, stopping into various bars for the rest of the night. :drool: One time, completely by accident, we found the coolest little piano bar...went in, various piano players were jamming, taking requests, all the patrons were singing along... :love:

VintagePunk said:

Some of the best memories I have are of afternoon games with friends, and then wandering the streets, stopping into various bars for the rest of the night. :drool: One time, completely by accident, we found the coolest little piano bar...went in, various piano players were jamming, taking requests, all the patrons were singing along... :love:

That sounds suspiciously like a Billy Joel video.

UberBeaver said:

What's a roto league?

Fantasy leagues, there are various formats and rules....you can either be assigned players, like an automated draft, or you can do the entire draft one by one, with each member taking turns drafting (lengthy and time consuming process :crazy: ) and then your team is assigned points, based on the players you have, and their real life stats.

I was working a mile away from Angels stadium in Anaheim and the hotel where the visiting teams would stay, was right in front of my store. We saw every American League player in that store....all of them.
Most were friendly.

One time, we saw some Detroit Tigers bring a rookie in to the mall dressed up as Sponge Bob....:lol: that was awesome!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

that's what old people call fantasy baseball :wink:

Ahhhh. That fanatsy stuff - people get insane over it. They have a pool here in my office, and these dudes get into arguments and shit. Last year, during football, some QB got hurt, and they wouldn't allow some rule exception for the guy that had that QB, and man, he lost his friggin mind - "YOU TOOK MY QUARTERBACK! THEY TOOK MY QUARTERBACK!" It's awesome, I love it. I should join this year.

VintagePunk said:

I knew you'd get it :love:...esp. in TO, it just lends itself to those baseball/beer afternoons. I hate going to games if we have to drive back for that reason...I don't even mind the nosebleeds there on a sunny day. Those are some of my fave summer memories...except when the sun is behind the tower and interrupts my tanning :madwife: :)

RedrocksU2 said:
I was working a mile away from Angels stadium in Anaheim and the hotel where the visiting teams would stay, was right in front of my store. We saw every American League player in that store....all of them.
Most were friendly.

One time, we saw some Detroit Tigers bring a rookie in to the mall dressed up as Sponge Bob....:lol: that was awesome!

Cool. :lol:

The Jays hold this luncheon for charity every year at the beginning of the season. All players and coaching staff are there at tables, and you line up to get autographs for an hour or so, and then you go into this ballroom, and they all sit at a head table, and they serve lunch. That's where I met most of them. That, and most of the time we stayed at the Skydome hotel, and especially early in the season, a lot of them are around there, till they find homes or whatever. The only player I've ever seen be a complete asshole is David Wells. The rest were all nice, some of them exceptionally so.

snowbunny00774 said:

I knew you'd get it :love:...esp. in TO, it just lends itself to those baseball/beer afternoons. I hate going to games if we have to drive back for that reason...I don't even mind the nosebleeds there on a sunny day. Those are some of my fave summer memories...except when the sun is behind the tower and interrupts my tanning :madwife: :)

:hmm: We should do that some time this summer. :hmm:

VintagePunk said:

:mad:

It was a great night. I've actually looked for the bar since then, and I don't think it exists anymore. :( Maybe I imagined it. :hmm:

:lol: I dragged my cousins around looking for a great bar I had been in on TO visits prior - never found it with them, and my cousin was giving me the sympathy : oh she's such a trier" look...then I found it when his mum & dad were over...they loved it so much we went for an afternoon drink and there was a Keiths promotion on so we stayed...allllllll night. His mum called him from there to rub it in...I love my aunt :heart:

/rambling lol

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i had a night like that once. weirdest thing happened... i was eating, and this guy sitting next to me had a jar... really strange. so i took my bread and put it in his jar and said man what are you doing here?!?!

good times, good times

Was John at the bar? He's a friend of mine. He'd get me my drinks for free - It was awesome. But I always felt there was someplace he'd rather have been. Hm.

VintagePunk said:

It was a great night. I've actually looked for the bar since then, and I don't think it exists anymore. :( Maybe I imagined it. :hmm:

Did it look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1_M_L_RSI

snowbunny00774 said:

:lol: I dragged my cousins around looking for a great bar I had been in on TO visits prior - never found it with them, and my cousin was giving me the sympathy : oh she's such a trier" look...then I found it when his mum & dad were over...they loved it so much we went for an afternoon drink and there was a Keiths promotion on so we stayed...allllllll night. Him mum called him from there to rub it in...I love my aunt :heart:

/rambling lol

:lol:

That's sorta like my story. I don't even know what street it was on, we were drunk and just wandering. :reject: The way we found it was SO cool. We stopped into this barbecue restaurant for a bite to eat, and you know how in downtown Toronto, many establishments have their washrooms downstairs? Going down the stairs, each of us could hear this enthusiastic cheering and laughing and the faint sounds of music coming from the other side of the wall, and when we came back to the table, we all said it sounded like fun, and that we'd find it....so, we went next door, and there it was. It was called Pearle's Piano Bar.

This is really setting me up for a week from tomorrow.....Fenway Park, Red Sox Vs Angels.
My first time there. :up:

VintagePunk said:

:lol:

That's sorta like my story. I don't even know what street it was on, we were drunk and just wandering. :reject: The way we found it was SO cool. We stopped into this barbecue restaurant for a bite to eat, and you know how in downtown Toronto, many establishments have their washrooms downstairs? Going down the stairs, each of us could hear this enthusiastic cheering and laughing and the faint sounds of music coming from the other side of the wall, and when we came back to the table, we all said it sounded like fun, and that we'd find it....so, we went next door, and there it was. It was called Pearle's Piano Bar.

It is the best place for unintentional bar crawling!! :happysigh:

UberBeaver said:

Was John at the bar? He's a friend of mine. He'd get me my drinks for free - It was awesome. But I always felt there was someplace he'd rather have been. Hm.

Did it look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1_M_L_RSI

Yes, it was quite similar to that, actually. :shifty:

I'm sure they played Piano Man that night. I also remember Crocodile Rock, and That's Amore.

RedrocksU2 said:
This is really setting me up for a week from tomorrow.....Fenway Park, Red Sox Vs Angels.
My first time there. :up:

Awesome, enjoy. The best part about Fenway is when the "Yankees Suck" chants start - and no, it doesn't matter that they're not playing the Yankees.

snowbunny00774 said:

It is the best place for unintentional bar crawling!! :happysigh:

It is! Gretzky's patio is awesome, too. :love:

On a different night, with a different crowd of baseball friends, we hit the Bovine Sex Club and the Bamboo Club. That was fun. :lol:

Alas, The Bamboo is closed now. :sigh: Reggae club with a great atmosphere.

Sounds like fun, RR! I'd love to get to that park some day.

How was the bovine - I've always wanted to go there and always forget when I'm there. It's hard to actually end up where you intend going cos all the little bars on the way distract you :distractedeasily:

Back
Top Bottom