The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
What's to tell? Circulation continues to go down, readership goes down, pagination drops a little because they add more ads, but the ad rates drop because of circulation. The Chicago Sun-Times was run by a crooked owner for years and is just crawling out from under that rock. Newspapers are more and more owned by a larger ownership group, so you get less individuality and less editorial freedom. You have a new wave of journalists who think people care more about their personal lives and snarkiness than issues and facts, so that helps not. I mean, the NY Times is still the NY Times, but, newspapers are creeping up on being obsolete, which saddens me. I obviously use the internet a lot but I like my news from the paper, still.

Gottcha. I couldn't tell if you were being "snarky" with your original comment. I enjoy my evening newspaper. One of life's simple pleasures ...

Sweet! :hi5:
I wish I could've gone to the SJU game. VT beat both them and Hofstra. I need to get into basketball. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself when there are no college football games to watch til August.

At my old job in LA, the guy that ran our news division came from the world of newspapers. I used to pick his brain all the time, about what it was like to work at a paper (he had worked at the Tribune here in Chicago, as well as the LA Times), how it had changed over the last 25 years, etc. Fascinating stuff, at least to me.

unico said:
Sweet! :hi5:
I wish I could've gone to the SJU game. VT beat both them and Hofstra. I need to get into basketball. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself when there are no college football games to watch til August.

You're gonna get yo drink on and then yo dance on.

College Hoops are great, but, I don't really get into them as a fan until the Madness begins, and then I'm hooked. That leads right into baseball, which you know I love. So, for me, February is the tough month, with the NFL over and the Madness not yet started.

No spoken words said:
At my old job in LA, the guy that ran our news division came from the world of newspapers. I used to pick his brain all the time, about what it was like to work at a paper (he had worked at the Tribune here in Chicago, as well as the LA Times), how it had changed over the last 25 years, etc. Fascinating stuff, at least to me.

Cool. I wanted to be a beat reporter when I was a younger man until I realized I didn't really have a firm grasp on the English language.

I have a buddy that designed the largest news paper facility in west michigan and he's going to give me a tour next week. It should be interesting.

No spoken words said:

Well, it does now that Sicy got a hold of the design.

Dalton, that tour should be fascinating, enjoy.

She still skates though. Now if she could do all three, that'd be bad ass! But your description is much more accurate. These American Doll people got it all wrong.

No spoken words said:

There's gotta be some sort of sexual euphemism hiding in here.

"Yeah, and then I gave her the Royal Hyman"

"That's nice, Dalton".

:lmao:

I was pretty happy last night when the cameras panned over to Dingle and Berry sitting next to one another on the bench.

Thank you camera man.

Dalton said:
Those American Dolls scare the shit out of me. There is no way the kid is ever getting a like like doll. I've seen Child's Play. All of them.

likewise!! and like elfa pointed out, not all of them have an evil/good switch.

i did not see bride nor seed of chucky though.

Dalton said:
This might belong in IO, but after perusing College humor.com this morning, I'm ready to say that college chicks are wearing less clothes than when I attended.

This is not confined to college alone my friend... Apparently there is some sort of clothing shortage for young women in all places of education and young men seem to have lost the ability to keep their pants around their waists...

Dalton said:
This might belong in IO, but after perusing College humor.com this morning, I'm ready to say that college chicks are wearing less clothes than when I attended.

Ah, it's not true Dalt...it's all a ploy to make you go back to college and live in a dorm again. Once you do you'll find that all the chicks there are just average girls, who where turtlenecks and are waaaayyy smarter than you...:yes:

elevated_u2_fan said:

This is not confined to college alone my friend... Apparently there is some sort of clothing shortage for young women in all places of education and young men seem to have lost the ability to keep their pants around their waists...

Well the pants thing makes a lot of sense. It takes a lot of oil to make belts, so the environmentally conscious young men forgo them.

Plus less clothes on the ladies make pants irrelevant.

Dalton said:

Well the pants thing makes a lot of sense. It takes a lot of oil to make belts, so the environmentally conscious young men forgo them.

Plus less clothes on the ladies make pants irrelevant.

fair enough...

I saw some kid the other day and his freaking pants were belted around his knees somehow... I had this overpowering urge to strangle him with his stupid baggy pants but I withstood the temptation...

I mean really, what is that? :feelsold:

Back
Top Bottom