The Temple Bar - Counting Down 'til Summatime - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
where are you going, phil? btw, taking a summer holiday in michigan doesn't count, if that's what you're doing.

Dang...I'm going up north to sit by a lake, ride the jet ski, eat, fish/drink....fish/drink. ;)

However, I'm broke as a joke...and my in-laws buy a lot of food. :D

Next year, I'm hoping to go to Cali...we'll see what happens.

Thank ya! :kiss:

Hey - what kind of a laptop do you have? I need to get one ASAP. My home computer has bitten the dust, it looks like. I'm having a buddy hopefully check it out this week, but it's basically unusable until it gets fixed, or I get told it's worthless. :lol: I hate computers!!! :fist:

YAY!! Computer troubles! :yippie:

:giggle: I have an HP Pavillion laptop. Err, I think this is it: HP 13.3" AMD Athlon Neo X2 Dual Core 1.6GHz Laptop (DM3-1124CA) - Future Shop

I LOVE it. For once in my life, I don't want to throw my computer out the window. :lol: It's about 13'', thin and lightweight, processes fast, with pretty, shiny graphics - always important. :wink: No CD drive, but it has a 500GB hard drive, so you can download whatever you need. It was an excellent buy, so I highly recommend that one.

Thank ya! :kiss:

Hey - what kind of a laptop do you have? I need to get one ASAP. My home computer has bitten the dust, it looks like. I'm having a buddy hopefully check it out this week, but it's basically unusable until it gets fixed, or I get told it's worthless. :lol: I hate computers!!! :fist:

Sharon, I have a MacBook Pro that I've had since 2005. It's pretty awesome. I think I may be investing in another one soon, only because years of burning CDs and DVDs wiped out my disc drive just recently. Other than that, it runs just fine. I've not had a problem with it. This was my first ever mac, too. It's like going black. I don't think I can ever go back to a Windows.

YAY!! Computer troubles! :yippie:

:giggle: I have an HP Pavillion laptop. Err, I think this is it: HP 13.3" AMD Athlon Neo X2 Dual Core 1.6GHz Laptop (DM3-1124CA) - Future Shop

I LOVE it. For once in my life, I don't want to throw my computer out the window. :lol: It's about 13'', thin and lightweight, processes fast, with pretty, shiny graphics - always important. :wink: No CD drive, but it has a 500GB hard drive, so you can download whatever you need. It was an excellent buy, so I highly recommend that one.

Sharon, I have a MacBook Pro that I've had since 2005. It's pretty awesome. I think I may be investing in another one soon, only because years of burning CDs and DVDs wiped out my disc drive just recently. Other than that, it runs just fine. I've not had a problem with it. This was my first ever mac, too. It's like going black. I don't think I can ever go back to a Windows.

Thanks my dears! :kiss:

I do need a CD drive, and want to be able to burn CD's, but I'm looking at all sorts of options. I'm not sure if I want to go Mac just yet. I don't think I can handle the stress of re-learning how to use a computer right now (we had a Mac in the 80's, but since then I've always had PC's). :giggle: But I'm definitely going to be looking at many different kinds. I'll probably be hitting up a Best Buy tonight at some point to browse at their schtuff. It's good looking at things online, but I do want to see them in person and play around a bit before I buy. :D

Thanks my dears! :kiss:

I do need a CD drive, and want to be able to burn CD's, but I'm looking at all sorts of options. I'm not sure if I want to go Mac just yet. I don't think I can handle the stress of re-learning how to use a computer right now (we had a Mac in the 80's, but since then I've always had PC's). :giggle: But I'm definitely going to be looking at many different kinds. I'll probably be hitting up a Best Buy tonight at some point to browse at their schtuff. It's good looking at things online, but I do want to see them in person and play around a bit before I buy. :D

It was intimidating at first to go Mac, but honestly, it didn't take very long to learn it. I realized that it is a lot more intuitive and user friendly than PCs. But, now I'm pretty Mac loyal. At my old school we had computer labs with both Macs and PCs. If I ever went into the lab, and all the Macs were taken, I would just go home. :lol: I wouldn't even bother with the PCs.

In NYC, there are all sorts of electronics stores that sell brand new Macs for like $600. I wonder how they get away with that. I'm going to ask. I'm thinking as long as it is purchased new, it is still covered under warranty for 1 year. If it seems to be sketch-free, I may go that route...whenever I get some $ of course :lol:

It was intimidating at first to go Mac, but honestly, it didn't take very long to learn it. I realized that it is a lot more intuitive and user friendly than PCs. But, now I'm pretty Mac loyal. At my old school we had computer labs with both Macs and PCs. If I ever went into the lab, and all the Macs were taken, I would just go home. :lol: I wouldn't even bother with the PCs.

In NYC, there are all sorts of electronics stores that sell brand new Macs for like $600. I wonder how they get away with that. I'm going to ask. I'm thinking as long as it is purchased new, it is still covered under warranty for 1 year. If it seems to be sketch-free, I may go that route...whenever I get some $ of course :lol:

:lol: That's awesome that you'd just go home. :D

Wow - that's pretty fabulous! Hope it's sketch-free!

Hopefully I'll find a good deal here. I figure I'll go into the store armed with what I know I want, and my price range, and they should be able to help me with the rest. :)

This week has been so short! I have too much to do before the end of the week! :scream: :laugh:

I'm glad it's the long weekend, but seriously. I have a major project due next Friday, and I would be shocked if I'll be able to finish by my deadline. :crack: :cocktail:

This week has been so short! I have too much to do before the end of the week! :scream: :laugh:

I'm glad it's the long weekend, but seriously. I have a major project due next Friday, and I would be shocked if I'll be able to finish by my deadline. :crack: :cocktail:

:zen: :cocktail:

If you need any help with that project, just call me........ and I`ll be right over with a bottle of wine to distract you from your responsibilities. :sexywink:

Aww, thanks babe! :hug: I actually managed to get quite a bit done yesterday, so I think I actually might be able to make the deadline! Maybe. :lol: It's looking better than it was a few days ago, so that's good. :D

And yes, bring over that bottle of wine, stat! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom