The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
clemens is out a few weeks with groin problem, kei igawa will start instead

hahahahahaha... money well spent
Except that he hasn't cost the Yanks a dime yet.
he doesn't starting getting paid till he's added to the ML roster which they weren't going to do till Monday, so for now its a no damage (financially) injury.
Had he started Monday and left with a groin pul (mmm hmm heh, "groin pull"), and never pitched again it would have cost George Calzone $18.7 Mil.

why did he crawl to the pitcher's mound like a snake :scratch:

I believe he was pretending to be in the army, due to the fact that after the crawling, he use the rosin bag as a grenade (note the little bite motion he makes with it) and tossed it at the umpire.

watching bobby abreu play rightfield makes me feel much better about my softball outfielding skills

Having Shane Victorino as your rightfielder after years of Bobby Abreu is like having Bobby Hoying as your QB and then switching to Tom Brady.

No spoken words said:
According to a 2005 report by the University of Central Florida Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, only 8.5 percent of major leaguers were African American -- the lowest percentage since the report was initiated in the mid-1980s. By contrast, whites comprised 59.5 percent of the majors' player pool, Latinos 28.7 percent and Asians 2.5."

So they're saying that the MLB needed a study done by a college, when they could've just taken the number of African American ballplayers in the league and divided it by the total number of players? Really?

Then again, we ARE talking about Bud Selig...

Even though the Yanks won this weekend's series against Boston, my hat's off to the Red Sox. They never give up.

BTW, if anyone cares, I've been working alot, that's why I haven't been posting. It's not because the Yankees are having a terrible season. Lol! All that I know is that Jorge Posada is the Yanks' MVP so far this season. Jorge is playing the best baseball of his career!

arod_post_cover.jpg

Steve Smith is the worst third base coach in the league.

Good thing Utley's the best 2B.

Looks like the June swoon has begun for the Red Sox.

The only difference this year is that it doesn't appear any of the other teams have the means to take advantage of it.

Of course, the Sox always suck when playing at Oakland, so this is hopefully a temporary lull. Especially with interleague coming up.

While I agree that Arizona is playing well lately, this is the NL West we're talking about. Their records are somewhat inflated because, well, they play each other so much at their own level.

As great of a performance it was for Schilling, it'd be nice to see the bats wake up and score more than 3 runs in 3 games.

Hewson said:
Well, Stewart got a clean single, what can you do. Schilling left the pitch up just a tad, that probably made the difference.

If Lugo doesn't make that error in the 5th, Stewart never gets the chance.

But you're right, Schilling through that fastball right down the pipe, shaking off Varitek's original sign.

Still, a very nice stop to the Sox losing streak. Now they just have to hit again.

The Phils have now swept the Braves and Mets on the road this year.Nice. Maybe a weekend series against the Royals will push us even further up in the standings...

Freddy Garcia mailing in this season makes me as mad as I was at Ricky Watters or T.O., yet no one is making a big deal of the fact that he's saying things like, "I'm not playing here next year, so why hustle?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom