The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Maddy.
I foolishly forgot to take my phone with me :tsk:

Will be going to Gap on Thursday, so if they're there I'll take a pic.
I forgot to say, the white INSPI(RED) writing is more bolder on these new tees.

bonocomet said:

Thanks, that is pretty neat.

I still wish I could get that fragrance tho!

(it does say uk only for orders)

FYI, bonocomet -

I did leave a comment in BLOG(RED) to see what the folks at (RED) could do to help make the Armani (RED) fragrance available in the USA, especially for purchase over the Internet.

I can't guarantee that it will be successful but it certainly can't hurt.

Thanks for all your continued support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. :love: :hug:

bonocomet said:
thanks Jamila :up: :)

You're very welcomed, bonocomet. :hug:

Look what I found today in BLOG(RED) at the (RED) website (www.joinred.com):

(RED) said...

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your feedback! We passed your comment on to Emporio Armani, and they wanted let everyone know that they plan to have the fragrances for sale online in the U.S. in the coming weeks.

bn

10:48 AM

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=28236681&postID=2314647818388695610

So - there you go, bonocomet. :hi5:

For those who can afford to buy the Armani (RED) fragrance, it will soon be available online in the USA for purchase.

Stay tuned for updates.

Ask - and you shall receive. :bonodrum: :love:

once again, bonocomet - you're very welcomed.:sexywink:

It was bound to happen sooner or later but maybe we had just a slight part in making it sooner than later.

Thanks for your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund.
(www.theglobalfund.org)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

EDUN has a "sale" of sorts going on right now. They are offering free S & H on all orders placed before 1 September 2007.

PLACE YOUR ORDERS NOW!

www.edunonline.com :love: :rockon:

I was at Hilton Head Island last week & a lady on the beach was wearing a Desi(red) T. My husband says look that woman has on one of your Bono shirts. :bono:

We went to GAP the other day and got the multi-colored beaded bracelet with all the cool beads on it :) I tried on the brown and white striped woman's shirt similar to a Babydoll style, but even the XS was too big :(

I went today to the EDUN website and bought two more of their lovely totebags!

At $25 apiece, they are well worth the money - they are roomy, very stylish and are a BEAUTIFUL advertisement for EDUN. :hug:

I plan on taking one of them with me on a special trip that I'll make with a friend at the end of September.

The bag should catch the eyes of several people. :sexywink:

PS: Remember no S & H charges on any EDUN purchase through the rest of August! :dancing:

If you ever wondered WHY it is so important to support ventures like (RED) and EDUN, this article states the real reason (and it has nothing to do with rock stars):

http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_reports/rep_index.cfm?DR_ID=47035

Economic ventures like (RED) and EDUN helped to stabilize smaller nations' economies like Lesotho's and provide some of the world's poorest people wit a way to provide for their families with dignity. :up:

I have friends in Lesotho who have been saying the same thing to me as Keketso Sefeane, chief executive of the National AIDS Commission of Lesotho said the other day.

I don't want to see Lesotho be "wiped out" by HIV/AIDS. :sad: :hug:

Here was something that I wrote for those doing their "Back to School" shopping:

It's that time of year again when millions of students (young and old) return to school.
Next to X-mas, this is the biggest shopping season of the year so it's a perfect time to mention some ways to shop for back to school items which help our planet (and its people).

In Part 1, I would like to mention one of my favorite choices:

Product (RED)

- this is probably the BEST overall product line to REALLY MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE WITH YOUR PURCHASE DOLLARS.

If you don't know about (RED) - you should.

Here is a bit about (RED) from their website (www.joinred.com):

============================================

WHAT (RED) IS

(RED) was created by Bono and Bobby Shriver, Chairman of DATA to raise awareness and money for The Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce (PRODUCT)RED branded products. A percentage of each (PRODUCT)RED product sold is given to The Global Fund. The money helps women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa.

What's the meaning of the parentheses or brackets? Well, we call them "the embrace." Each company that becomes (RED) places its logo in this embrace and is then elevated to the power of red. Thus the name -- (PRODUCT)RED.

You, the consumer, can take your purchase to the power of (RED) simply by upgrading your choice. Thus the proposition: (YOU)RED. Be embraced, take your own fine self to the power of (RED). What better way to become a good-looking samaritan?!

============================================

(RED) has a whole product line of GREAT clothing items very fashionable for school from the GAP. (www.gap.com/red)

The GAP(RED) t-shirts have really become quite popular since being
featu(red) on the Oprah show last October. Currently there is a whole line of other clothing items like jackets, jeans. skirts, dresses,etc also available from GAP (RED) plus a lot of accessories from GAP(RED) to complement your clothing choices including scarves, belts, beaded jewelry and all sorts of bags to fit your needs.

Besides the GAP(RED) products, there are the (RED) Converse shoes.
You can visit www.makeminered.com and design your own Chuck Taylor shoes.
For a very reasonable price, you can "stand out" in school and "stand up" against extreme poverty in the world by buying the (RED) Converse shoes.

And if you're in the market for a new cell phone or iPOD this school year then (RED) is your color!

You can buy the (RED) Motorola RAZR phone (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/red/ ) and the (RED) iPOD (http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/red/) and look VERY COOL while
feeling very cool knowing that a portion of your purchase price for all of these items is going directly to the Global Fund to save lives in Africa!

To date, Product (RED) has raised more than $36 million from the sale of its products - money which goes directly to the Global Fund (www.theglobalfund.org) for programs to take care of thousands of AIDS- orphaned children and to provide tens of thousands of more people (men, women and children) with their AIDS medications (ARV's) which are keeping them alive and healthy enough to contribute to their societies.

Product (RED) is an UNQUALIFIED SUCCESS - especially to the tens of thousands of people who are benefitting from this venture. To learn more about Product (RED) and its achievements, please visit their website.

(www.joinred.com)

Thank you for your time and......GO (RED) !!

:bonodrum: :hi5:

I was wandering around my bookstore at college yesterday and lo and behold, there were some Edun shirts!!! I was SOOO excited! I must go back and buy one!! They were the Edun Live shirts. Some had "How do you live?" on them, and some were even specialized and said Penn State!!! :D :D

that is so cool I wonder if my daughter's school, Wash U, has any in her book store. Ill have to ask her.

GeneralGripweed said:
I was wandering around my bookstore at college yesterday and lo and behold, there were some Edun shirts!!! I was SOOO excited! I must go back and buy one!! They were the Edun Live shirts. Some had "How do you live?" on them, and some were even specialized and said Penn State!!! :D :D

Thanks, General Gripweed, for reporting back to us regarding EDUN (LIVE ?) t-shirts being sold in your campus bookstore.

Which college is this or should I assume that this is Penn State? :wink:

Actually, this should not be such an unusual occurence this year around college campuses - especially if your college campus has a Barnes & Noble.

Here's why:

Barnes & Noble

Barnes & Noble has decided to support edun LIVE by selling the t-shirts in their college book stores across the country.

http://www.edun-live.com/links.aspx

Does the t-shirts say "I Know Who Made MyShirt - Do You?"

Those would be from Miami University in Ohio.

I have several of those plus several blank EDUN LIVE t-shirts.:sexywink:

Those have been some of the EDUN tees that I've been talking about in this thread.

I would definitely urge you to buy some. You'll be glad that you did.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Check out this GREAT news about the Apple (RED) iPOD line:

AppleInsider
August 29, 2007

iPod shuffle refresh to go (RED)
By Kasper Jade

With much of the excitement lately surrounding anticipated evolutions
of Apple's video iPod and iPod nano families, little has been said
about an upcoming refresh to the company's diminutive iPod shuffle
line, an expansion of which is likely to include a new (RED) model.

People often familiar with Apple's future product plans say the
company is preparing to add a red-colored model to the line of petite
clip-on players, possibly as early as next week. Any such model would
presumably join or replace the electronics maker's existing (PRODUCT)
RED offerings that include (RED) iPod nanos and iTunes gift cards.

(PRODUCT) RED products such as the (RED) nano help benefit the (RED)
charity created by Bobby Shriver and U2 front-man Bono, which
encourages big businesses to help fight against AIDS in Africa through
donations.

In addition to Apple, (RED) has so far garnered the support
of several other big names that include the Gap, Motorola, American
Express, and Converse.

A predetermined portion of the proceeds from each (RED) product sale
are donated directly to the charity. For instance, Apple currently
spares $10 from the sale of each (RED) iPod nano and 10 percent from
the sale of each $25 (RED) iTunes gift card.

Unlike the aging video iPod and iPod nano families -- which are
expected to receive the royal Mac OS treatment and hefty industrial
design overhauls -- the iPod shuffle is arguably the freshest of
Apple's digital media players. It received a completely new form
factor just last fall and there has been little to no evidence to
suggest a second evolution is in the cards for '07.

Outside of going the iPod Picano route, Apple's options for advancing
the shuffle appear limited to capacity increases, price reductions,
and new software-driven features. At the same time, the cost of the
shuffle's components -- such as the NAND flash used for media storage
-- have fallen sharply over the past year. Significant price
reductions notwithstanding, Apple should make more off the sale of
each shuffle this year than it did last.

iPod shuffle (RED) Few changes and fatter margins would also lend
support to source reports of an impending iPod shuffle (RED), given
that Apple would be in a better position this year to hand-off a
percentage of each sale to charity without significantly pinching profits.

Yesterday afternoon, Apple issued formal invitations to a special
product launch event next Wednesday at San Francisco's Moscone West
convention center. The gathering of analysts and members of the media
is an undeniable sign that new iPods are in the cards, as the company
has historically used media events in the early weeks of fall to
unveil its holiday media and music player offerings.

© AppleInsider, 2007.

More continued GOOD NEWS for (RED) in support of the Global Fund!

www.theglobalfund.org :bonodrum: :hi5:

The Disciple said:
Gr8 news!

Yes, it is - especially for the people in Africa who are helped by the Global Fund! :rockon:

Thanks for your support, The Disciple. :dancing:

gp517897-01vliv01.jpg

gp517851-00vliv01.jpg

gp519254-05av1v01.jpg

gp519254-02vliv01.jpg

^ Go that yesterday :drool:

i splurged at the Armani store in Florence...i bought a towel, a jacket, 2 shirts, and sunglasses...yay vacation money!

I have just been sorting my closet, I have an entire shelf full of (RED) tees :drool:

13 tees in total. And 3 haven't been worn yet :tsk:
I keep the tags in a box :lol:

Wayne...I'm impressed by your amount of (RED), but more impressed you sort your closet. Mine needs it badly. Ok, you've motivated me...

FYI -

I've got a 10% off coupon for gap.com and just went online and bought the PREFER(RED) ladies tee which will be worn on a trip I'll take at the end of Sept.

I simply can't wait. :sexywink:

Thank you all for your support of (RED) to benefit the Global Fund.

(www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :love: :hi5:

I did an online survey for GAP late last week and it took nearly an hour. I hope something good comes from that!!

I am so excited about my trip to Ireland and Scotland in mere weeks! I cannot wait to wear my Hamme(RED) scarf! I have had lots of luck finding RED items on eBay. The RED candle smelled so yummy and I burned it so quick, I'd really love another one but haven't seen them.

Ahh well I will continue supporting the cause! They are sure to come out with more and new items since the holidays are right around the corner. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom