The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I was thinking the same thing.....When I went to Gaps last week, items aren't all in one spot they're scattered all over the store. The necklaces with the metal words were $1.99 and the scarves with no words were a $1.99 too!

my gap basically just had the red inspired shirts and not much more (candles too). I have to travel into L.A./The Valley if I want a selection. Though I did get a Gap giftcard for my birthday. I did buy some regular jeans there the other day on sale for $20 each

sinse i don't spend more than 8-12$ for tops.........(red) stuff is outta my price range
But I FINALLY got something today:hyper:

a long- sleeved INSPI(RED) shirt . yay!

I love that new white "cami-top" dress!
and the previously new red knee length andthe black ankle length knit-jersey dresses!:drool: :drool:

I ALSO saw a short white Leather jacket with partly quilted-looking designs on the arms.........:drool: :drool:

there's another mini skirt....dark blue....? 2 laYERS OF thin fabric that the edge of it is "under neigth" ABOUT 3 INCHES UP INSIDE...SO THAT THE SKIRT "BALLOONS" MILDLY.....
cute!

at 34th ST & 42nd ST GAP IN NYC -- the "mens" & "women's" stuff are on seperate floors BUT still together :D

unico said:
i just went to gap, all the women's shirts were $9, so i picked up a hammered. i also got the blue striped long-sleeve shirt for the same price.

the display was rather pathetic. i hope red isn't losing steam. i didn't see a sign talking about product red like there was before, and everything was on just a couple of shelves of a column in the back of the store. perhaps this means that red is coming out with a new line of stuff, and not that they have given up.

unico, thank you very much for your concerns and your feedback about how (RED) is being marketed in the Gap stores in your area.

Where are these Gap stores located that you're talking about? I would like to pass this info on to the right people if possible.

But I can assure that (RED) is not losing steam. In fact, the folks at (RED) are busier than ever!

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :bonodrum: :love: :hug:

dazzledbylight said:
sinse i don't spend more than 8-12$ for tops.........(red) stuff is outta my price range
But I FINALLY got something today:hyper:

a long- sleeved INSPI(RED) shirt . yay!

on salefor $6.99

sureI IF had the kind of money to occassionally spend on a GAP(RED) product atfull price ...i sure would!

but glad i could contribute something,at least!

^^^^^^^^^^^
AND glad to hear(RED) is busier than ever!

unico said:
i just went to gap, all the women's shirts were $9, so i picked up a hammered. i also got the blue striped long-sleeve shirt for the same price.

the display was rather pathetic. i hope red isn't losing steam. i didn't see a sign talking about product red like there was before, and everything was on just a couple of shelves of a column in the back of the store. perhaps this means that red is coming out with a new line of stuff, and not that they have given up.

my gap is the same, no big sign anymore, and everything is on sale. but, i did talk to one of the salespeople, and she assured me that they're just waiting for a new line, and clearing everything else out to make room for it.

i have to say, i :heart: the sales though.

I am almost positive that is all it is, onebloodonelife - simply clearing off the shelves of older (RED) merchandise to make room for the newer merchandise.

But I will send your observations and concerns to the right people and we'll see what their response is. :love:

Thank you all for your continued support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org) :hug:

iloveedge said:

:ohmy: We can get them in Canada?! YAY! My dad wants a new one, I should convince him to buy one! :wink:
Yes ma'am :yes: You should go take a look, they're gorgeous :drool:

Z, we need matching phones :flirt:

I think I'm going to pop into the Gap near my work next week. I saw a bunch of things on sale there too :hmm: Looking forward to the new products too :yes:

I didn't see the new phones in the US yet.... but here in TZ, there are huge billboards all over the place, and it's advertised massively on tv too. I could get it here, but then it won't work when I return to US, lol.

:hyper: that would be nice :drool:

Yep the whole family is into it now, especially my mum. everytime we goto the Hull she says ''lets pop into Gap for half and hour''.

as soon as we walk in, Howard, the manager, takes us directly to the (RED) area becasue its never in the same place everytime we go in :lol:
He brought us the baby onsie from the kid's store next door :)

Glad to know that the (RED) baby onesies are in the GapKids stores in the U.K.

I'll still never forget the day that I spent the afternoon with Bobby Shriver and Julie from (RED) and Bobby had yet to see the (RED) baby onesies in person and fell so much in "love" with them that he BOUGHT THEM FROM ME to send to his friend who had just had a baby! :wink:

It was a truly surreal moment - and ONE that I'll always remember.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :love: :hug:

Jamila said:

unico, thank you very much for your concerns and your feedback about how (RED) is being marketed in the Gap stores in your area.

Where are these Gap stores located that you're talking about? I would like to pass this info on to the right people if possible.

But I can assure that (RED) is not losing steam. In fact, the folks at (RED) are busier than ever!

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :bonodrum: :love: :hug:

Well these were pretty much the same conditions at the GAP stores in Christiansburg and Springfield, both in Virginia.

I'm gonna try and hit up the store on Connecticut in DC either this week or next. I'm hoping that one will be more promising.

I'm planning a bit of (RED) shopping spree when I travel to the US in a couple of months... I kinda hope everything is still on sale then, I like what I've seen of the current line of Gap stuff! :giggle: But I'm sure the new things will be cool as well.
It looks like the only place I'll have much of a chance to go shopping will be in Atlanta/Macon or maybe Honolulu... I hope the stores there will have (RED) products! :D

I saw lots of lovely new items at the GAP in Savannah when I was there last week. But I was a little too :drunk: from just coming from the Moon River Brewery so I didn't stay in the store too long. :wink:

unico said:

Well these were pretty much the same conditions at the GAP stores in Christiansburg and Springfield, both in Virginia.

I'm gonna try and hit up the store on Connecticut in DC either this week or next. I'm hoping that one will be more promising.

Where in CT are you going?

Sorry if this was mentioned already--this morning I was watching VH1-the new Joss Stone video--the stage she is on has a big (RED) sign behild her if you want to take note. :applaud:

^ I haven't seen it, but it's probably the video that is a Product RED product. (Buying the video on itunes is a Product RED purchase) :)

gp479791-00vliv01.jpg

New design :drool:

I notice that the tshirts are starting to have bird wings printed on them.
The ones I got with the Acacia Trees ( :nerd: ) also has the bird on.

I'm so hitting up the (RED) display on my lunch break today :drool: I think I might even pick up the phone today too.. :hmm:

unico said:

Thanks unico for the info on where these stores are located because I want to be a bit specific when I ask the questions that have already been raised here about the decreasing store space for (RED) in some of the Gap stores. :love:

I'm also gonna try to get an answer about the (RED) Vanity Fair mag coming out and how much of our purchase price goes to the fight against AIDS in Africa (unless we find out that answer before I send in my qiestions within the next two days). :hug:

Bono's Doll said:
Sorry if this was mentioned already--this morning I was watching VH1-the new Joss Stone video--the stage she is on has a big (RED) sign behild her if you want to take note. :applaud:

If you buy the video through itunes you know where the money goes. :wink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HERE IT IS:

Find out more about the VF issue AND the new (RED) CD by clicking on this website (one of my favorite websites)

http://www.joinred.com/

and find all 20 VF covers here:

http://joinred.blogspot.com/

Outside of the Bono covers, I love the one of Rev. Desmond Tutu and Brad Pitt!

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS OF SUPPORT IN (BLOG)RED ~
:bonodrum: :hi5:

The (RED) CD sounds interesting :drool:

Is the Vanity Fair magazine available from news-stands or is it only availalbe through subscription?

It will be available for sale by single issue on 12 June, waynetravis. :wink:

I think VF is just taking advantage of this situation to solicit for subscriptions. But I won't complain because of the visibility that VF is giving Product (RED) with this issue.

Btw rumor has it that Bono is in Tanzania here till Thursday.... and again the loser comes to Arusha instead of Dar where I live. :madwife: at him!

:madspit:

i just saw the video of common & joss talking about red. common is so full of it. "fighter for the truth"?! PLEASE! he is a racist and pretentious man, and was a pain in the ASS to work with! i'm glad he is spreading the word about red, but don't believe him when he says he is "a fighter for the truth", and this is coming from personal experience!!

that being said, i completely forgot about this song until now. i'm going to a joss stone concert next week, and i think i'm gonna wear a (red) shirt! i hope i get to see "tell me what we're gonna do now" live, (without common!)

Back
Top Bottom